Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    It is not always inferior to Bad Santa, but Bad Santa is the better card overall. You are right to make people question whether Bazaar could be better in their decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    One other reason not to pay bazar is because there are so many wariors out there.
    It do NOT counter fency since a warior uses up his cards pretty fast, you're even making him far stronger. That way even board swipes wold not hurt a warior much, if he is a reasonable player thought.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think bazaar is straight out awful. I have never seen it played effectively against me to the best of my recollection. Have you had success with it? What is your rating?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Personally, I've come to a balance in the majority of my decks that (when prudence allows) in 40 cards will have 2xBazaar and 2xBad Santa. This isn't a universal decision for every Hero I play (or if I'm playing ~30 cards, I'll usually only include BS) as a good number only ever require a kick-start to get their own card draw running rather than a permanent (unless my opponent destroys it, which I must admit is one of the flaws I find with Bazaar--we cannot remove our own items) +1 card draw. The reason I run both Bazaar and BS is that I find every once in a while a Bazaar sustains a level of card 'throughput' that I need to maintain in order to keep board control, tempo, card advantage, etc. In those specific situations against specific match-ups, or with a truly appalling draw, it can and does get used. The rest of the time it gets sac'ed while I hold a single BS.

Why waste two cards on something I have a high chance of sac'ing? See above--when it is useful it is very useful, like when no BF shows up by turn 4 after a BS, or against Jericho. Highly situational, yes, but enough of those situations happen that I find it worth it, in a 40 card deck.

Cheers,
    -Harakhte

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by doghouse View Post
    I think bazaar is straight out awful. I have never seen it played effectively against me to the best of my recollection. Have you had success with it? What is your rating?
    Not that rating means anything, but I'm just over 200. I have success using bazaar when played effectively in the way Harakhe describes below or I described above, in the right situation or against the right heroes. It is rarely the only draw engine in my deck, but I rarely make a deck nowadays that doesn't include a few bazaars.

What decks are you running nowadays Harakhte? I think we think about decks the same way, and I haven't found anything I'm totally happy with yet in 1.27, so I'd be curious to hear your decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bazaar has it's place for sure... especially in decks that don't have another reliable draw engine. On my warrior, if bazaar comes out before I get my Blood Fury, I basically skip BF and let it ride. It does hurt a bit when it comes out after the BF, but warriors are certainly capable of playing with both engines going.

I see it as a neutral card and only certain control decks will look to destroy it. When I'm playing Zaladar, I almost always will try to shriek it away. If there are no class specific draw engines in play, I'd mix up BS and Bazaar to ensure you get the cards you need. Bazaar is bound to be a staple card for certain decks for quite some time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kamman13 View Post
    What decks are you running nowadays Harakhte? I think we think about decks the same way, and I haven't found anything I'm totally happy with yet in 1.27, so I'd be curious to hear your decks.
    I've typically got a deck semi-built for every hero, sort of an attempt to improve the chances that I'll notice a new approach to doing something or playing against something that way I guess. Similarly to your comment, pinning down what my 'choice' deck is in 1.27 is something I'm still deciding. I'm not completely satisfied with 1.27's meta leaning towards such ally heavy, or ally 'only' builds (which is only to be expected, really, as the card pool only really increased in ally numbers) as I prefer a lot more versatility in overall card selection.

Mostly I am switching between the two Shadow Warriors, Boris, Zhanna and Nish/Majiys looking for my comfort zone, although I have been playing Gb, BB, and Elementalis too. Feel free to PM me.

Cheers,
    -Harakhte

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Bazaar is a great card. A lot of elemental decks are built around using bazaar as a key card. If you have a big deck with a lot of allies, bazzar will always help you get a lot of them in play and give you better chance at board control. Having said that, after turn 6, BS works out very well giving you cards when you need it most and you can use it to either make the opponent run out or when they are near enough full, it gives you lots of quick options. But i do like Bazaar but for mage and warrior heroes, Card frenzy at 1 damage works out better I think.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    once the card "misplaced" comes out, you can kiss Bazaar good-bye FOREVER. Shame really cause the card does have its uses and I prefer it when playing against Miaji over Blood Frenzy as you often need to keep your health and Miaji can't benefit from it since he already has his free SE cards.

Until 1.28 that is, at that point Miaji will be nerfed and Bazaar won't be as good against him.

Unless something is changed to Bazaar, no one in their right mind will play it anymore with Misplaced coming into the set...

[For Bazaar to be "saved" it would have to start giving players 2-cards at the start of YOUR next turn, not your opponents...]

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why would misplaced counter bazaar? You just return a 2cc card, and by playing misplaced in the first place you'll throw away the extra card you got + hampering playing allies in the early game.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.