Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Bad santa can be cast in such a way that your opp gets LESS than 3 cards. And doesn't draw a card on their turn.

So you can potentially generate a FOUR CARD ADVANTAGE over your opp.

Nuff said.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Situations where Bad Santa generates a card advantage are less frequent than situation where it generates a card disadvantage. Yep, good potential, but frequently a dead card in hand too.
    -brontos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Brontos View Post
    Situations where Bad Santa generates a card advantage are less frequent than situation where it generates a card disadvantage. Yep, good potential, but frequently a dead card in hand too.
    I disagree. Bad Santa is a very powerful card whenever your opponent has more cards in his hands, than you have. Which is basically every time when you battle vs a warrior and Majiya, and often heroes like Gravebone as well.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You don't disagree. :]
    -brontos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    Why would misplaced counter bazaar? You just return a 2cc card, and by playing misplaced in the first place you'll throw away the extra card you got + hampering playing allies in the early game.
    Because your opponent played bazaar and lost a card, you benefit from it by getting two cards and then your opponent gets nothing for it. If he immediately puts bazaar back down you've now gotten 4 cards and your opponent only 2 by the time its your turn again and he still hasn't benefited at all from the card. If you've never had your bazaar blown off the table the turn it was cast you might not realize how devastating this is to your game, it generally means defeat or at least a major-set back that will be hard to reverse if this happens to you in the early-game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by razcrux View Post
    Because your opponent played bazaar and lost a card, you benefit from it by getting two cards and then your opponent gets nothing for it. If he immediately puts bazaar back down you've now gotten 4 cards and your opponent only 2 by the time its your turn again and he still hasn't benefited at all from the card. If you've never had your bazaar blown off the table the turn it was cast you might not realize how devastating this is to your game, it generally means defeat or at least a major-set back that will be hard to reverse if this happens to you in the early-game.
    Misplaced has much better uses than on a bazaar- I have no intention of dropping bazaar from my deck based on this new card. Note that with a misplaced or retreat in your hand, your bazaar becomes a lot more effective, and can generate you card advantage. Bazaar does not always mean card diasadvantage, just as bad santa does not always mean card advantage. Besides, a card disadvantage does not always translate into a strategic disadvantage in the game, getting the extra card can give you a strategic advantage in your game despite the card disadvantage. Did anyone read my opening post?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GS693 View Post
    Bad santa can be cast in such a way that your opp gets LESS than 3 cards. And doesn't draw a card on their turn.

So you can potentially generate a FOUR CARD ADVANTAGE over your opp.

Nuff said.
    You can NEVER generate a FOUR card advantage with Bad Santa, the maximum is 2, when you buy 3 cards (-1 from bad santa) and your opponent buys 0.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Really? How about when they have frenzy/lust. Or if they're maj users and don't know how to use the ability right?
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    wrong thread

My thoughts and ramblings:
    The art of death racing
    Hitting em with all you got
    In defense of bazaar
    Card draw engines and card draw advantage
    Damage Strategies in SE

A1's resident Mathemalogian
    A1 : Evolution in Theory.
    Member of the PFG, and guest article writer for GDC's website

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A thought occurred to me- using shriek to destroy bazaar doesn't actually generate any card advantage for your opponent. Because shriek destroys a resource, now your opponent has to sac one more card to get to the same resource level they were originally. So, one extra card in their hand, one less card in their resource pile. Another point for bazaar.

My thoughts and ramblings:
    The art of death racing
    Hitting em with all you got
    In defense of bazaar
    Card draw engines and card draw advantage
    Damage Strategies in SE

A1's resident Mathemalogian
    A1 : Evolution in Theory.
    Member of the PFG, and guest article writer for GDC's website