Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

1.28 Good Ascendent X Evil Ascendent Bug

Pretty basic bug, the effect of destroying each other isn't working for both cards.
    Why won't you run into rain and pray?
    Let the tears splash all over you...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Have you tested it on both ends?
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    That's a major bug.

I wonder if Kyle and Calmdown has am actual test team or relying on folks like us?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    Have you tested it on both ends?
    Yes, just watch the game GustCM2 VS Uknowho on test server.
    Right on the beginning, I play Evil Ascendent first, then he plays Good Ascendent but fails in his attempt to destroy my card. On my turn, I tried to destroy his Ascendent but it wasn't possible either :/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's a test server. As long as there are no coding errors or compile bugs, they can release the cards. I think that they test the cards themselves at the same time as us on the test server as well.

Anyway, if cards don't work on test server, even if it's a major bug, why is that a problem? It IS test server, and thus used for that reason.

Some developpers might use a test server only to try and filter out the last errors. Here it's used to filter them all out. Doesn't seem wrong imo
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GustCM2 View Post
    Yes, just watch the game GustCM2 VS Uknowho on test server.
    Right on the beginning, I play Evil Ascendent first, then he plays Good Ascendent but fails in his attempt to destroy my card. On my turn, I tried to destroy his Ascendent but it wasn't possible either :/
    He speaks the TRUTH!
    But i rather call you a cheater! ( I so would have won that match righttt? *winks*) jkjk Logan and the new cards is a beast and a half.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Nothing wrong with putting it on test, i agree.

Some coding errors are just too blatant. It just gives me an impression that Wulven is not putting in as much attention as I feel that they should.

Maybe I have high expectations.

I am just wondering what might happen if we do not play-test on the test server at all and also not report any bugs.

Are our contributions any good?

Anyway, it's a minor issue. Some issues I might draw my weapons and fight on, not on this.

That said, you won't find me on the test server. unless I know that it's more or less free of bugs.

It's just me. I do not discourage the rest of you from trying out. Have Fun!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Uknowho View Post
    He speaks the TRUTH!
    But i rather call you a cheater! ( I so would have won that match righttt? *winks*) jkjk Logan and the new cards is a beast and a half.
    Yeah, I hope Calmdown gives up his idea on changing Logan's ability. That Weapon-Centered new ability is good, but these new cards just added what Logan needed to be playable.

PS: If you were able to destroy my Evil Ascendent, I would just play another the next turn! So don't feel bad about it hahaha

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GustCM2 View Post
    Yeah, I hope Calmdown gives up his idea on changing Logan's ability. That Weapon-Centered new ability is good, but these new cards just added what Logan needed to be playable.

PS: If you were able to destroy my Evil Ascendent, I would just play another the next turn! So don't feel bad about it hahaha
    Itt would have been tick tac toe!
    Good vs evil (I also had one more :P)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    Nothing wrong with putting it on test, i agree.

Some coding errors are just too blatant. It just gives me an impression that Wulven is not putting in as much attention as I feel that they should.

Maybe I have high expectations.

I am just wondering what might happen if we do not play-test on the test server at all and also not report any bugs.

Are our contributions any good?

Anyway, it's a minor issue. Some issues I might draw my weapons and fight on, not on this.

That said, you won't find me on the test server. unless I know that it's more or less free of bugs.

It's just me. I do not discourage the rest of you from trying out. Have Fun!
    I'll just post here what I posted in another thread, since it answers the inquiry that you have.

In the company that I work for, we have 4 different environments, namely Dev, Test, Train and Production server. I think what pjoe0211 and thendless wants is to have possibly the same or a variation of that architecture in the Shadow Era as well (maybe not the Training environment).

The Dev server would act as the environment where Kyle and the dev team, and beta testers would be working on, the test server would be the one open to the public for testing strategy and finding obscure bugs and the Production server would be the live environment.

However, Shadow Era as of now, doesn't have anything like that nor do I know if we'll ever have in the future. The test server is all that we have and was graciously made available to the public. Here's the quote from Kyle when he first opened it to everyone:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The test server is now open to the public!

http://test.shadowera.com

The test server will be updated with daily development builds as we fix bugs and implement new features. It might be a good place to have a casual game against an opponent with all the latest fixes, try out new deck strategies, and check out new features in development.
    We have also opened up our bug tracking database to the public, which you can view at http://dev.wulven.com:8080/browse/SE for realtime progress.
    Note what he mentioned (read bolded text), in case some of you have forgotten. It is a place where bugs are being fixed as well as the implementation of new features. People seem to have forgotten about this.

TL;DR: As far as I know, the Test Server is the only other environment that we have. They code it, compile it and release it all in there. Expect bugs and expect a lot, especially with new cards, until they're thoroughly tested and fixed.

As far as the community's contribution, of course, they are good and very much appreciated. Thank you. But also please don't forget that it is what it is. Maybe in the future we'll ask for more help, but until then, just appreciate the fact that Kyle has opened the only server where everything is developed to the public and anyone can use it. You are not obliged to go in there at all if you don't want to. We're not obliging anyone to log in there and find bugs for us as well. If I'm not mistaken, there are already a handful of dedicated developers and testers working.