Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feed back

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    lol. we need a sticky with FAQ we can link to.

yes, rain delay has some bugs. yes, it is fixed in the next release.

and for when you find the next bug: if you mind control aeon, you can no longer attack your opponent for the rest of the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bug!!!
    Turn 1: I cast Cover of Night
    Turn 2: I cannot attack their allies wtf?

To reproduce this error:
    Context:
    I have Blake + Puwen, Eladwen
    Enemy has Portal, Gravebone
    Turn 1: Cast Cover of Night
    Turn 1b: Enemy Casts Belladonna, Belladonna attacks Hero.
    Turn 2: My Blake and Puwen cannot attack Belladonna, but can target enemy hero.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Suggestions:
    1. Make the menu text a little bigger - can be hard to click on at times. May want to reconsider a mobile app optimized version of the menu.
    2. Space card hands out more when zoomed out - that way you can enlarge the target tap areas. Way too many times I cannot select a card in my hand on the first several taps.
    3. Allow us to zoom in on the opponent's hand. Right now it is hard to see what an opponent has in their hand if using cards that reveal said hand.
    4. Fix effects - many times where the app will hang if multiple or complex animations are being executed. Usually they resolve after 10-20 seconds, but sometimes the app just hangs and requires a force quit.
    Last edited by Revenant; 02-28-2011 at 05:08 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rain Delay,
    After casting, cannot cast clinging web on enemy unit

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This may be a glitch:

Lightning Strike (or any spell that has multiple targets)
    After choose the first target, I cannot cancel the spell... is this intentional?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ....I hate making a really long post, getting logged out, then losing the post when the forum brings up the login screen... grrrr.

Okay, feedback (although less verbose this time):

1. I agree with those that talk about screen rotation. Between cable management and cases that prop iPads in a certain direction, it's pretty important to allow for different orientations.

2. Gestures for pan/zoom are important too. A big part of the tablet/smartphone experience is how you interact with the device. The current camera controls really detract from that experience.

3. Some form of instruction with the portable version is important. Even if it's a link to youtube tutorials, or instructions on your site.

4. Better card sorting for the Deck area is going to be important. Hiding unusable cards is great, but it's going to get tough to sort through everything as the number of cards increase. Being able to look for Human abilities or Shadow allies will be needed.

5. I hate to suggest it, because I can see how much effort has gone into all of this, but you may want to look into changing your cards a bit. Particularly with the iPad/iPhone versions, the cards are all dark grey, the casting cost is a dark green, the text is almost impossible to read unless zoomed in, and the detailed icon touches on around the casting cost and the attack really make it tough to read/differentiate.

Right now, this game is small enough to memorize card art. however, as the game grows, it's going to be tougher and tougher to memorize everything (especially for newbies). I would suggest higher-rez images of the cards to start. From there, I'd think about altering that slate gray border by card type (so people can more easily see what's in their unzoomed hand). I'd also suggest simple, iconic elements around the attack and casting cost. I love that those attack icons change by race, but they're too busy right now. That sort of detail seems better displayed in the artwork itself (which is just gorgeous)... Keep the cards appealingly functional (readable, with information that's instantly findable), and let the artwork be the detail that shines.

Posts like this always make me feel like I'm blasting something. I just want to state that I am loving this game, and looking forward to many years of playing (and losing) Shadow Era. You all have really done an amazing job of making a game that's easy to learn, complex enough to keep people interested, and fast to play. It is accessible and still has depth. Thank you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The following are replies in reponse to your feedback points.

1. Should be coming soon, lots have requested this.

2. More gestures are coming in the next update that's 1-2 weeks out. Here's a tentative list:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...&postcount=709
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...&postcount=445

3. Next update has revamped the tutorial and added access to important contents like the FAQ and game rules page.

4. I forget if filters are coming in the next update are not. It's been very requested as well so we'll likely see it soon.

5. Graphics are optimized for iPad with upcoming update.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I don't know if this is a bug.

I placed 2 death traps on my board. I was playing against an Elemantal deck. He has a shard of power placed on the board.
    When 2 snakes were placed, my deathtraps activated and went to the graveyard but the allies were still alive... Albeit with just 1 health which is fine but wasted my traps for nothing... Hehe
    ~Chosen before the foundation of the world~

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, bug. Fixed in v1.24, comin in about 1-2 weeks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    That's great! Thanks!
    ~Chosen before the foundation of the world~