Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

"grave robbing gwen" almost 40 card deck

ok, so i know it is early in 1.27 but i have already found much success with my newly retooled gwen deck. i have not posted my 1.26 build because basically it was the same as all the rest. my ceiling was about a 230 rating - could never do much better. right now i am hovering around 220 but i am also using/testing several different decks/heros (mainly nish and zaladar). Anyway, thought i would post this deck with the hopes that someone might be able to get some help orhelp the deck itself...with no further ado -

1 Gwen
    3 lilly
    4 puwen
    4 kristoffer
    4 aldon
    2 tainted oracle
    4 rapid fire
    4 into the forest
    2 gravedigger
    4 soul seeker
    4 beetle demon

36 cards total (which has flucuated from 30-40 give or take a few allies)

the turn strategy is basically the same as 1.26 with the exception of kristoffer on turn 1 (which is what gwen has really been missing)

T1 kristoffer wyld
    T2 puwen
    T3 aldon
    T4 BDB
    T5 Rapid fire
    T6 SS

i only brought in a few new allies - mainly lilly and kristoffer. I have found no real use for the rest of them and i have tried them all. Kristoffer works great early in the game especially paired with aldon. He is also perfect late in games for eating into berzerkers edge and snow saphire or to provide that extra 1 damage for killing plasma beast and other 5 health allies. lilly is an awesome addition and works great vs. any hero that can destroy weapons. She provides the one tool gwen has been missing - the ability to dig those bows out of the graveyard. She is basically a sacrifical lamb but she does the job well. Oracle is useful as a short term draw engine - basically another sacrificial lamb. both have saved me several times. Gravedigger is mainly used vs. mages. Notice i do not use night prowler in 1.27 - i have found that it is almost completely useless as there is not really an opportune time to use it. In the past it really only came out after the game had been sealed anyway. Into the forest is a card that not many hunters used in 1.26 but that i think is a must have for any serious hunter deck. It saves your bow and helps hold off enemy allies while finishing off an opponent. This is a little more ally heavy than my 1.26 build but it really seems to establish board control well. I have tooled with aeon/raven but have not found them necessary. plus, it's kind of hard to find an opportune time to play them. If i was to add either, it would be raven. If anyone has any questions, success, or help with/for this deck, feel free to post it. I am always looking to improve.
    Last edited by poopster77; 09-03-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good feedback abt Kris, will be thinking of adding him into my Gwen deck.

4x Rapid fire might be overkill for a 30ish deck. I think 3 might be enough.

I don't really lime gravedigger as the cards you get may be that firesnake or brute. Too random. I would just change them to bad Santa instead for that crucial draw.

So suggestion:
    -1 RF
    -2 Gravedigger
    +3 Bad santa
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis