Close

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The Masterpiece - The MOST comprehensive excel sheet for 1.5

v1.51 (2/25)

Looking for THE best deck-building tool available for Shadow Era? Look no further.

What it can do:
    * Filters ONLY the cards you need to see based on your hero -- no more pages of useless cards.
    * Dynamic lookup of any card on the fly -- no more paging through the in-game browser looking for a specific card
    * Test your deck by drawing up to 40 cards as a sample game
    * Allow you to save/load up to 10 decks per hero
    * Tools to help monitor your curve cost and chance of drawing cards

Download here: http://www.box.com/s/p7yessislbgvcyl6uafd

All the cells you should need to edit are highlighted in yellow (sheets 1-3), when the market prices are updated you can change all the prices in sheet 3 and everything will be updated accordingly. If macros are not enabled card lookup, save/load, and deck buying wont work. But you'll still get a filtered list of cards.

If you have any features you'd like to see, just let me know. I will put any good ideas in!

NOTE: YOU CAN COPY AND PASTE YOUR BUILDS FROM PREVIOUS SPREADSHEETS BY CTRL+A, CTRL+C ON AN OLDER VERSION'S "SAVES" TAB AND CONTROL+V IN THE NEW VERSION'S "SAVES" TAB. YOU MAY NEED TO SELECT NEW CHOICES FOR THE 'SLOTS' ON THE MAIN TAB OF THE SPREADSHEET, CELLS O15&O19.

ULTIMATE BUYING SHEET!

Looking to purchase a new deck, or finish up your set? Use this sheet to purchase those cards in the most EFFICIENT way possible, saving you significant money or at least time to figure it out yourself. You can use it to figure out exactly how much it will cost you to finish your deck (in shadow crystals and more importantly in dollars!) in a matter of minutes.

In fact, it'll tell you exactly how many shadow crystals to buy (and the cheapest way to buy them!), exactly what starter decks to buy, and exactly what cards to sell, buy, and keep in order of the market. It can't get easier!

Download here: http://www.box.net/shared/75hn00iy2sxrifn30ugt

How to use:
    Change the two cells up top with your current gold and and shadow crystal amounts. Put in column C under 'want' a list of what you're looking for, whether that be to complete your collection or buy a deck, and then if you have any sales you're looking to do but haven't done yet (for whatever reason), put them in column D under 'Selling'.

Note: Putting anything in the selling column is EXACTLY the same as selling them immediately and putting in your new gold amount -- the bonus is it'll throw these in the sell column for you, since you're selling anyway.

After that, hit CALCULATE It'll chug out on the right a list of what to sell, buy, and keep. Keep will obviously be what's on your want list. Under "buy packs", it'll tell you which starter decks you need to buy. "Crystals" will tell you how many crystals you need still, and what's the cheapest sets to buy. Saved tells you what you saved from using this sheet rather than just doing the standard "buy elemental decks until I have enough money", and extra will be your ending gold/shadow crystals amounts.

UPDATE LOG:
    v1.51:
    -Greatly optimized the sample hand draw -- the big benefit is the spreadsheet as a whole runs much faster, but there was a bit of a performance boost in deck draw, especially if your deck was around 40 cards (which most people's are). I think the only thing that's really slowing down the sheet now is the graph.
    -Made saving/loading decks a little faster too.
    -Also fixed a problem with the draw %'s if your decksize was lower than the number of cards you'd have in your hand at that point. Not that it matters for anyone. Also removed a few impossible hypergeo calcs that'll boost performance a little (but not much).
    -Made Wulven Tracker an ally for everyone
    -Made bows be counted into card deck totals
    -Removed restriction on # for a card. You can now try to optimize your deck of X Firesnakes and Y Portals. Wasn't possible in old draw sample hand system, so this is truly the biggest benefit. I included my sample firesnake deck for reference.
    -Removed all the old "buy cards" code, should just run faster.
    v1.5: Updated a small error on card counts, and some aesthetic changes. Made version 1.5 so it matched the game.
    v1.4: Updated for v1.5 cards, removed the deck buying sheet -- I will update the other sheet if there's a demand for it as it's more robust anyway.
    v1.3: Fixed a small error in loading decks
    v1.2: Fixed resurrection not showing for priest decks
    V1.1: Fixed typo stopping lance decks from saving, fixed typo in beetle bow that was just annoyinh
    V1.0: Released, also contains all the new 1.27 cards.
    Last edited by stereosound; 03-18-2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Updated title to say 1.5

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow, I haven't had a look at it yet, but it sounds freaking awesome.
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is amazing...
    Mind = Blown
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Das ist cool, ja
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh also if you have any questions/need help feel free to throw them to me at stereosoundlive@gmail.com or post here. I tried to make it as straight-forward as possible but there is always the chance for bugs (:
    Last edited by stereosound; 09-01-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    One request : Dont leave please stay and continue to update this thing.
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    adding cards will probably take maybe 2 hours at most, the system is set up to be pretty painless to add cards, I might try and set it up so its even easier (like just adding to the raw cards list and market list) but at the moment I've spent ~20 hrs creating it and another 10 going "ohshit 1.27 I am not set up yet for new cards" so taking a little break from the optimization end.

Glad you like it though!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    To be honest I didn't even imagine you could make this kind of project in Excel. That's amazing. Thanks!
    Last edited by thendless; 09-01-2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: english :(

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    That is sheer awesomeness. I love the layout. Would you like to collaborate to turn this into a web-based tool?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by thendless View Post
    To be honest I didn't even imagine you could make this kind of project in Excel. That's amazing. Thanks!

To be honest excel can do a hell of a lot, it just requires a bit of time to learn all it can do. With the built in vba programming its the perfect tool for a lot of automated computer tasks (even nonexcel based ones). Most of the spreadsheet is done with a command called vlookup, some conditional formatting, and vba scripts to chug some things along.

Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    That is sheer awesomeness. I love the layout. Would you like to collaborate to turn this into a web-based tool?
    Sure but I can say my web based programming skills are limited to html and css stylesheets. I am all up for helping out how I can though.
    Last edited by stereosound; 09-01-2011 at 03:05 PM.