Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

User submitted AI decks

First: I really like the new AI. While it doesn't always play perfect, it is a lot more challenging now, than it was before.

Still, I have 2 suggestions regarding the new AI.

While I think the AI is way more challenging, and has better decks, the decks aren't top notch at all.
    First suggestion: For the hardest level of AI use 40 card user submitted decks. I'm sure the top players out there are willing to submit one of their decks for eternal fame and glory for the AI to use. That way, the AI can get EVEN MORE challenging.

Second: let the AI alter between decks. Let's say that each AI has three decks, and that they randomly chose one deck every time you play against it. That way, you always have variation and you never know what to expect.

For example: the AI Gwen has 3 decks. One ally heavy deck with wotf and bows to support. One delay deck with only bows and NP. And one control deck with a lot of ally control and heavy allies (3x each arrow + 4x Raven, 4x Aeon)

For suggestions or ideas, please post below.

iClipse
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1.

It shouldn't be too difficult to program the different decks. And i'm sure that there's lotsa decks composition for all the heroes in this forum.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think that the decks do vary as you change levels. They'll also be adding a feature (theoretically 1.28) where you can submit a deck for the AI to use so you can play against it.

That said, I do still approve of the idea.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes I know that you'll be able to play vs your own made decks. But either way, I'm at 220 rating and at level 20. By now the decks should be at their most powerful state. Yet my opponent's still play pretty strange cards. Zhana doesn't play Wizents staff and that. Might just have been bad luck, but she played a wrath of summer instead, which is not a good card in her deck anyway.

User submitted decks would also lessen the burden of the developpers.
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kyle and the Dev team is already working on custom AI Decks that might slightly addresses the suggestions that you guys have. I'm not sure when this feature would be available though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jiminee View Post
    Kyle and the Dev team is already working on custom AI Decks that might slightly addresses the suggestions that you guys have. I'm not sure when this feature would be available though.
    Yes, I know, but there is a difference between creating a deck and knowing what to expect and playing vs decks that other people have created and you don't know what to expect.

Also, for the upcoming campaign and all, top notch decks might be in place.
    Part of PFG

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1 to OP. AI is better in 1.277 (nice job Wulven Studios!) but can be better -- I like the user-submitted idea.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the idea a lot. Maybe instead of only the top players submitting their decks, everybody can submit their decks and you search for that players ign. Maybe you can also rate the deck's difficulty level. But i'm ok with your own custom AI decks since you can still check the strategy forums and create your deck from there. But this would be even more awesome.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The current AI decks were designed with prioritization of v1.27's release so the composition of the decks is only adequate. I was talking with Kyle about it before and we will be redesigning the decks so they're better scaled and provide more challenge at the higher levels.

As for an AI deck design contest, that might be interesting.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How do you determine what Level gets the best decks? Here's a reason for my question.
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    But either way, I'm at 220 rating and at level 20. By now the decks should be at their most powerful state. Yet my opponent's still play pretty strange cards. Zhana doesn't play Wizents staff and that. Might just have been bad luck, but she played a wrath of summer instead, which is not a good card in her deck anyway.
    I am a 37 rating (highest was a about mid-90s) and Level 11, I tried playing Zhanna recently with the 1.27 change.
    Turn 2 she plays Blake.
    Turn 3 plays Inner Strength on him.
    Turn 4 played Wizent's staff.
    Me, I get stuck several turns with Zhanna hitting my Hunter Hero with the Staff while Blake, of all allies BLAKE the one people use less of choosing Puwen instead, being able to one hit kill any ally I play before I use it even a Plasma Behemoth.
    I don't feel pwned, I feel like I was cremated multiple times.
    Can you and I trade AIs?