Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz92zaq View Post
    Nice changes. Thank you for waiting on shriek (and surprise attack although I'm probably one of the few that like the card). Just curious will some of the old cards that most people view useless (such as HBM dirk etc.) get redone in future versions as well?

@Sorter http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....coming-up-soon

I think
    I am aware of that thread. I was referring to the three new proposals on his OP. Or this is it and no further card changes will happen? Excellent question regarding Surprise Attack HBM and Sandra. (The last two being COMPLETELY useless atm as NO ONE is bothering to use them).

Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    its definitely not ideal to have one faction on,y with good item destruction. but its better than none, for now. 1.28 will see that change, i promise.
    Should have released 1 card per faction not a one-sidedness. But I digress and will wait for 1.28
    Guild: Marksmen
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Check out my Videos post. I will be updating it once in a while. Bump it if you watched ^^.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
    I am aware of that thread. I was referring to the three new proposals on his OP. Or this is it and no further card changes will happen? Excellent question regarding Surprise Attack HBM and Sandra. (The last two being COMPLETELY useless atm as NO ONE is bothering to use them).
    Doesnt mean they wont be useful in the future. Who knows what interactions may occur? It was different in 1.24 days when a lot of heroes had bad card pools, but now, everything doesnt need to be changed all the time since the card pools are pretty good for everyone. Remember: you have to have bad stuff to have good stuff!

Should have released 1 card per faction not a one-sidedness. But I digress and will wait for 1.28
    Shoulda woulda coulda. Remember, 1.27 is the first expansion not designed by community and designed exclusively by the design team!
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the update
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
    Also I understand your move re Shriek but that still makes me ponder why Shadow is the ONLY faction (I know there are ONLY 2 factions so the word ONLY doesn't really have much of an impact but still ><) that has a DIRT CHEAP ( 1 resource loss is not a real cost come on guys ) card that deals with ALL items, not just weaps and armor? When will Humans also get something of that sort?
    What?!? Shriek is an incredibly well-balanced card as-is. Sure it only costs one, but try casting it early and see what happens. paying one resource is HUGE, especially early. It's mainly used to destroy things that cost 5 or more, so you're pretty much only going to be seeing it used around turn 5 or so -- any earlier and the caster is rolling the dice or already has a strong board control (and is still rolling the dice, especially if they went 2nd).

I'd put money that the proposed change will make it unused by virtually everybody, a la HBM and Sandra.

Oh, and several Humans have access to awesome item destruction -- I would take Destroy Arms over Shriek ANY day, and I'd also pick Smashing Blow over Shriek in almost all cases as well. Even Rogues have Stop Thief. That pretty much leaves Mage and Hunter, and they seem to do just fine as is considering Gwen is T1.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Calmdown: are you on IRC right now?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by graphlem View Post
    What?!? Shriek is an incredibly well-balanced card as-is. Sure it only costs one, but try casting it early and see what happens. paying one resource is HUGE, especially early. It's mainly used to destroy things that cost 5 or more, so you're pretty much only going to be seeing it used around turn 5 or so -- any earlier and the caster is rolling the dice or already has a strong board control (and is still rolling the dice, especially if they went 2nd).

I'd put money that the proposed change will make it unused by virtually everybody, a la HBM and Sandra.

Oh, and several Humans have access to awesome item destruction -- I would take Destroy Arms over Shriek ANY day, and I'd also pick Smashing Blow over Shriek in almost all cases as well. Even Rogues have Stop Thief. That pretty much leaves Mage and Hunter, and they seem to do just fine as is considering Gwen is T1.
    Yes, perhaps the 1 resource may be a slight drawback but as you say it's primarily targeting items with CC of 5+. Therefore you have AT LEAST 5 resources already, if not 6 if you went first, so 1 resource cost is NOTHING. In MtG terms this could be a T1 card most definitelly. And you forget that this card is for ALL shadow, and all but 2 classes of humans have item destruction. Also not to mention of you have overlaps like shadow warrior.

I doubt it will become useless, referring to Shriek.
    Guild: Marksmen
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Check out my Videos post. I will be updating it once in a while. Bump it if you watched ^^.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by graphlem View Post

Excellent analysis and I agree with everthing you've said. Shriek is only really useful late game and by then its cost of 1 doesn't really matter all that much. I'd pretty much always rather have a Destroy Arms as well. Have you ever tried shrieking 2 bows in a row against Gwen on T4 and T5? Surefire way to lose.

Human mages get around armor anyway so it's not that big a deal and not having item destruction forces Gwen to use allies to use up durability, which is a good thing IMO.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Some "haste" ideas:

"Ready"
    "On Guard"
    "Frenzied"
    "Berzerk"
    "Swift"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If the new hero abilities come item destruction is a must for every class because allies will be useless against weapons.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringel View Post
    Some "haste" ideas:

"Ready"
    "On Guard"
    "Frenzied"
    "Berzerk"
    "Swift"
    Some more to add:

Readiness
    Preparation
    Sprint (This is probably a dud, wouldn't make sense on flyers or the legless)
    Focus
    Bravery/Courage
    Tailwind