Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[Ask] History of Card Changes (Buffs/Nerfs)

Hi,

I've been playing shadow era since early August (I'm guessing that 1.26 was live that time)

I'm just curious about the history of card changes from the first version of SE up to the latest version (currently 1.26).

Has anyone posted about this?

If not, where can I find the detailed list of card abilities for previous versions?

a history of game rules would also be interesting e.g. the development of protector rule and other SE key terms to help new players understand the game more (ambush, stealth, defender, protector)

I think that the history can give players insights (especially noobs) to the game and give them the idea of the meta development for each version.

Because when I started playing, I had some trouble understanding the game rules, especially having an MtG background where the rules are quite different.

So I want to make a summary of the cards' history and game rules and terms at least up until 1.26

I would gladly post it if anyone is interested.

thank you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with this
    Sorry N' Shit

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A good place to start is probably Wulven's public Jira and also some speaking to older members, but its gonna take some work to compile!
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kyle didn't have JIRA until the late stages of v1.25 so any changes before then were not clearly documented. Anyway, here are the changes/bug fixes that were resolved for each of the versions that are in there:

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You just have to know that Eladwen's ability used to cost 3 shadow energy and hbm with sandra destroyed 1 resource regardless if you had more or less than your opponent. The rest are history
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jiminee View Post
    Kyle didn't have JIRA until the late stages of v1.25 so any changes before then were not clearly documented. Anyway, here are the changes/bug fixes that were resolved for each of the versions that are in there:

where can i find the first original card descriptions? (at least in 1.25 since the JIRA only documents 1.25 and forth)

thx

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Scion View Post
    You just have to know that Eladwen's ability used to cost 3 shadow energy and hbm with sandra destroyed 1 resource regardless if you had more or less than your opponent. The rest are history
    the most interesting cards for me were the original description of mind control and the protector rule. Very OP!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    can someone tell me the ORIGINAL research? early posts in its thread say it was a piece of crap. but as we all know, now it's invaluable.

so, wtf?
    85-Card mini-set: Gate of the Steelbound.

So you want to take a poll? ∙ Affectionate TVTransvestite TwinRacist CowBag of Dicks

The pen is mightier than the sword, but actions speak louder than words.
    Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts.
    Sometimes a little chaos is in order.