Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Shadow Era To-do List v1

I recently compiled a to-do list for Shadow Era that included many of the top requested features that players wanted. As well as a few I felt the game needed. This was sent to Kyle and the dev team on July 27th and we'll be working to implement some of these in v1.28 and onwards. There are some things not on the list that will be on the v2 list.

Below is version 1 of the list. I've cut all of the internal info out. Not everything on the list is guaranteed to be implemented; although, I will try to push for them being added. Feel free to comment, question, suggest, etc.

The outlined features are ordered by my personal feel of importance, descending from high to low; top to bottom.

In-game Chat Lobby
    With chat implemented, having an in-game chat lobby is the next step in providing more enhanced social features. There's just so many ways a lobby would help the game. If implemented, having player creatable channels would be nice; for example, a guild making a channel under their name.

Game Chat History
    With the game designed with mobile in mind, players aren't glued to the screen of their mobile devices at all times and need a log kept of the chat history for their matches.

Resuming Disconnections
    There are many reasons players accidentally get disconnected; client crash, device crash, unstable internet connection, incoming call on the AT&T network since you can only get either data or voice at a time, etc. So players should be allowed to resume the game, within a certain amount of time, after they've inadvertently left.

Multiple Deck Save Slots
    A simple feature simply requested many times. Building decks is a major part of the game and players want to be in control. Players should be able to name and rename their decks, copy decks(taking up another save slot), and delete them.

Custom AI Deck
    When players want to tweak their deck and they don't have anyone around to help, a good solution is having the AI play your deck to help you tweak it. Newer players usually don't have the luxury of someone to help playtest their deck. And some players just prefer the convenience of using the AI to tweak their deck.

Animation Toggle
    This is one of the hotly requested features. Particularly on lower-end devices, this will really improve player experience by having the game run better. Default should be on with, hopefully, detection of lower-end devices and having it off for these.

Replay Privacy Options
    Even Facebook had to bend to requests for better privacy. Players want to be able to control if a replay is public or not. You should be able to toggle this option during a match and if either player toggles it off, the replay should be private—meaning the replay only shows up and is watchable for the two players. An option in the Settings menu to set the default to on or off would be nice. On a related note, players want to be able to view their hand faced up when watching their own replays.

Mulligan
    Mulligan your hand is strategic and adds a level of depth to the game. Usually this involves discarding your hand and drawing one less card. This feature was requested numerous times even when the 40 card deck size minimum wasn't announced and is a nice feature to have once that change is implemented or raised higher in the future.

More Multiplayer Modes
    Local network and Bluetooth. Because not all players have internet access at all times so allowing them to play with friends even in those cases is certainly a good thing.

Messaging System
    Socialization can drive many things and having the ability to chat with people in the game, when you're not playing a match with them, will improve play experience.

Interface Improvements
    The current interface suffices; however, when players play the game, one of the things they spend much of their time on is the interface of the game so this should be streamlined so players can spend more time enjoying the game.
    • During multiple targeting of multiple targets, single taps to select targets and then tap on the Done button to acknowledge; rather than redundantly clicking on the Target button for each target.
    • Swiping left and right when viewing cards in your hand only works with camera angle 1; not 2 or 3.
    • Swiping to the left shows you the card to the right of the current card; shouldn't it show the card to the right?
    • Swiping left and right doesn't work for viewing cards in your currently selected deck on the Deck screen.
    • Swiping left and right doesn't work for selected cards in the Buy and Sell screens of the Merchant.

Campaign Mode Card Rewards
    The original PC version of Magic that came out in 1997 had card rewards for pretty much all battles in campaign mode. After defeating the deck, you could pick a single card from the opponent's deck.

Deck Import/Export
    Much revolves around decks when the game's a TCG. Giving convenience by allowing export of decks to text will allow easier sharing and backup of decks. Having the option to quickly import decks let players discover and try out more decks.

Viewable Sacrifice Pile
    The Graveyard will be viewable in v1.27 but being able to view the Sacrifice Pile will be a fundamental step before implementing asynchronous multiplayer.

In-game Forgot Password
    While the option is available on the support page, it's much more suited in-game, on the login screen. This is fairly standard.

Profanity Filter
    People will swear. People will get offended. People will report. A filter won't change the aforementioned but will reduce the amount of chat related reports and reviews that need to be done. The volume of this is low now but the future should be accounted for.

Out of Stock Label
    Mostly newer players but many newer players inquire about out of stock cards. Cards that are out of stock should be kept in the Merchant but labeled as out of stock.

Play Acknowledgement Toggle
    Now that players are more used to auto-acknowledgement of played cards in multiplayer, they miss this against the AI. Players also requested the ability to turn this off in multiplayer because, for example, when they're teaching the game to someone by playing a game with them, the newer player has a hard time learning when played cards zoom out right away.

Volume Controls
    Stock feature for most programs. Specifically, the controls would be, toggle for music, toggle for sound effects, and volume sliders to adjust loudness.

In-game Account Reset
    If this one is implemented, players need to be clearly informed, verbatim, what this will wipe out.

Verbose Game History
    Another feature to facilitate asynchronous multiplayer. This basically involves a viewable console logging verbosely, the history of the game; such as which cards are played, which card targeting which card, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm excited !! esp the lobby chat system.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is gonna be great!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I almost cried after reading this list.
    Leader of EnlistedtoEndure

If you want to learn more about my guild you can at this link: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....e-Next-Chapter

Bless those who persecute you. Don't curse them; pray that God will bless them.-Romans 12:14 NLT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    async mode.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1 to almost every point on the list.

Here's hoping that people will read the list before posting suggestions. And that they get implemented soon.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Wish all of it would make it in to 1.28
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    please add priority

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great work AnAdolt.
    Titan King of A1. So Good That Kyle Nerfed Us.

All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great list, hope most of these get implemented.

I've also seen alot of great suggestions for improving the rating system and keep the leaderboard more meaningful, It would be nice to see some make the v2 list.
    Basheer - A1's Meatshield
    Member of the A1 alliance - luck is for the meek
    1.23 - 1.27 Boris