Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iGiggle View Post
    Fair point Carbon.

For starters I dislike the high ally count. Extremely much so.

You're running the basic shadow engine we're going to see in all of .27 ... So what makes your's any different?
    Easy. You have a very controlling Hunter deck. Also you have item destruction... beautiful

However, I feel like this deck WILL get clogged up. Atleast in comparison to what it could be doing.

2x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Hellsteed
    2x Carniboar
    4x Belladonna
    3x Shadow Knight

4x Flaming Arrows
    3x Poison Arrows
    3x Shriek of Vengeance
    2x Bad Santa
    2x Bazaar

4x Wrath of the Forest
    4x Soulseeker
    2x Night Prowler
    let me say, I for one found this a VERY frustrating list too do. As this is not an ideal deck for me at all.

Being said, I wanted to keep it at 40 for you since I know how you feel about that number. I strongly believe BB could very well be T1 if you could drop it too 30. So much so you can expect to see me try an archtype of YOUR build. So in this particular list your allies are much smaller. (-5 I believe) Being so this opens up abit more versatility to the deck. Also, I lowered your count on shriek. While this is fantastic for a hunter deck..

Your archtype is very ally based - and bare in mind those particular allies are quite costy. If you plan to ever drop 2 at a time the count of 4 shrieks too me is a stretch. Effective for some purposes but counter-productive overall. Next the draw power in this deck is simply beyond belief. You want to open with early Santa...

Netting your opp. only 2 cards if played correctly and STOPPING his next draw to max cards.. Also, should you be in a bad bunch late game you can use this and pull out abit of magic. Bazaar is a card I do not normally support; however, your ability to control the field with such strong presence seems to trump the downfalls to falling behind on board control. Next I kept the DoT's (Damage over time) cards due beyond the fact I had nothing to replace with.. and they compliment bazaar very well.. they're 2 cost. While you eat damage still with playing em. Destroying the said ally is pro for the cost of 2.

Plus hurts midgame human allies like no other.

Finally, NP. With bb's effect you can net 2 cards off this instead of 1. Again very very very control based. Also, it becomes a dire target (if you control board like you should) they'll be forced to use item destruction on it should you decide to leave it out

This is my take at a 40. I would do the list quite abit different for 30 ( an I will ) but I still find this a very respectable version of your own Blanket.
    I disagree with almost everything. Just my opinion.

Brotos stated too - NP will clash with WoTF. In any case, I will never put in NP when I have only 4 bows. The odds of using NP effectively is already low. And with only 4 bows in a 40 card deck?

Edit: Oh! You thought the NP can be used with BB's abilities. Sorry, buddy, can't be done. Card Errata coming soon. (If it worked like you hoped, I would put in 4 NP.)

'Very-ally based" - yeah, of cos, it has to be. 1. Banebow's cannot hurt too well with bows, so he needs allies. 2. The large number of allies increases the effectiveness of WoTF. (One dead ally might yield another one in hand)

Bad Santa and Bazaar - bad ideas. This is a control deck to some extent. I would use the shriek to destroy my opponent's Bazaar.

I would go with Blanket's build and not change anything at all. Or only minor changes. i.e. - 1 arrow, + 1 Carniboar. or - 1 arrow, + 1 Bloodlust. or both. That's all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh wow.
    xP I typed that really early in the morning with no sleep.

Don't mind my terrible take on that haha. I did read NP as being able to compliment BB's ability, but I'll be first to say I've never played BB. So that was all a guess on the spot

While some may disagree on my other choices, I'd be willing to defend them in a fun and friendly game on Test Server.

Again though, as I said I've never played BB - and this was the hardest list I've ever tried to put together on the spot. So my mistake on that one haha.

PS: Gotta love nooby moments.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    A1 catch pharse.
    Freudian slip?
    proud former member of A1 Alliance
    overview of all
    my strategy articles

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    After studying Blanket deck composition, i will say it looks like a very solid deck.

My only criticism: the deck might be so successful that everyone plays Banebow in v1.27! =p
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I use SS in my BB deck and it works like a charm, it helps out a lot and I actually dont think you can make a good BB deck without at least 3 of them in your deck.

+1 at our new catch phrase lol
    Gamer Mind: Carbon_911

Go for the throat...show no mercy..

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    All BB decks should run 4 SS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post
    After studying Blanket deck composition, i will say it looks like a very solid deck.

My only criticism: the deck might be so successful that everyone plays Banebow in v1.27! =p
    Oh, I can almost guarantee that we'll all see a form of this archetype in the 1.27 meta as a staple deck. I've been working towards this since 1.23. Nice to see my dreams finally coming true, haha!
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @ Blanket: Your deck composition is really close to what I am aiming when 1.27 goes live. One question tho why not include 2 or 3 copies of Behemoth ? He is very strong in a lot of situation.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've thought about it, and did run PB in 1.26. But, with the expensive combo of Knight and Bella cycling, I didn't want to tie up that 3 resources of residual cost every turn. However, I'm sure he'd be solid in the deck, as well. Maybe cut 2 arrows for 2 PBs?
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blanket, I tried a variant with PB, and it works fine. Just have to consider which cards to replace it with.

Have you come across Sandworm with your deck? How do you handle it? With the nerf to hellsteed, there seems to be no way Banebow can handle it sandworm.
    Last edited by Atomzed; 09-03-2011 at 11:03 AM.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis