Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iGiggle View Post
    I played against the deck, blanket seems to know what he's doing/ and wants to achieve so I'll leave the editing off here..

That being said it was a tough match but I fully enjoyed it blanket. +1 for making a pro BB
    If you have anything you can add or suggest he might want to play test it's always helpful to throw it in even if he doesnt take your advice. I always gladly try out any advice I'm given and it lead me to become a better deck builder.
    Gamer Mind: Carbon_911

Go for the throat...show no mercy..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fair point Carbon.

For starters I dislike the high ally count. Extremely much so.

You're running the basic shadow engine we're going to see in all of .27 ... So what makes your's any different?
    Easy. You have a very controlling Hunter deck. Also you have item destruction... beautiful

However, I feel like this deck WILL get clogged up. Atleast in comparison to what it could be doing.

2x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Hellsteed
    2x Carniboar
    4x Belladonna
    3x Shadow Knight

4x Flaming Arrows
    3x Poison Arrows
    3x Shriek of Vengeance
    2x Bad Santa
    2x Bazaar

4x Wrath of the Forest
    4x Soulseeker
    2x Night Prowler
    let me say, I for one found this a VERY frustrating list too do. As this is not an ideal deck for me at all.

Being said, I wanted to keep it at 40 for you since I know how you feel about that number. I strongly believe BB could very well be T1 if you could drop it too 30. So much so you can expect to see me try an archtype of YOUR build. So in this particular list your allies are much smaller. (-5 I believe) Being so this opens up abit more versatility to the deck. Also, I lowered your count on shriek. While this is fantastic for a hunter deck..

Your archtype is very ally based - and bare in mind those particular allies are quite costy. If you plan to ever drop 2 at a time the count of 4 shrieks too me is a stretch. Effective for some purposes but counter-productive overall. Next the draw power in this deck is simply beyond belief. You want to open with early Santa...

Netting your opp. only 2 cards if played correctly and STOPPING his next draw to max cards.. Also, should you be in a bad bunch late game you can use this and pull out abit of magic. Bazaar is a card I do not normally support; however, your ability to control the field with such strong presence seems to trump the downfalls to falling behind on board control. Next I kept the DoT's (Damage over time) cards due beyond the fact I had nothing to replace with.. and they compliment bazaar very well.. they're 2 cost. While you eat damage still with playing em. Destroying the said ally is pro for the cost of 2.

Plus hurts midgame human allies like no other.

Finally, NP. With bb's effect you can net 2 cards off this instead of 1. Again very very very control based. Also, it becomes a dire target (if you control board like you should) they'll be forced to use item destruction on it should you decide to leave it out

This is my take at a 40. I would do the list quite abit different for 30 ( an I will ) but I still find this a very respectable version of your own Blanket.
    Last edited by iGiggle; 08-20-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wrath of the forest and Nightprower are anti-combo, aren't they?
    -brontos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Interesting thoughts giggle.

Blanket, as always a strong banebow. You fixed the draw issue hunters have for a hard hitting deck. Having SS is just so nice in this type of deck too.
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Btw, giggle, NP don't work with Banebow ability...

I will be a happy man if it does.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tomasruiz View Post
    Im really tired of the a1 forums. If you have something productive for the community just post it we dont need to know how good a1 forums is or whatever i dont give a shit. Plz dont mention a1 on every post and stop being an elitist.
    Sounds like someone's application got denied.

Anyway, back on topic. My only person suggestions would be to switch carniboar for mind flayer PURELY to capitalize on going second and poke fun at hellrush. Other than that, -1 steed, +1 2drop. A well tuned deck, and one I'm not looking forward to battling!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, I've gotten a lot of surprise reactions in games when I'm playing BB and pop out the Soul Seeker. SS, combined with the BB ability, is a very strong weapon. Not as good as a Gwen with a Rapid Fire in play, but yeah, still very effective.

As far as Flayer goes, he's a good card, but I think Carniboar is a better choice for this deck. Given the amount of cheap control the this deck brings to the table, I'm not too worried about being crushed by weenie rush. Carniboar has the ability to get bigger (and quite accomplishable combined w BB ability) and, with 2 health, he doesn't die to 1 damage attack or effect.

As far as the comment regarding the A1 forums, that was mostly for my own edification and not typically posting a newly designed meta-staple. Hence was not going to offer all the collective insights given already by A1. However, elitist as we (or I) may be, I still posted the deck for the entire community to see and benefit from.

Nothin wrong with being an elitist - when you're elite.
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 08-20-2011 at 04:32 PM.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    Nothin wrong with being an elitist - when you're elite.
    Now THAT. We can use it as our 'secondary' A1 catch pharse.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    Now THAT. We can use it as our 'secondary' A1 catch pharse.
    +1'd

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post
    Btw, giggle, NP don't work with Banebow ability...

I will be a happy man if it does.
    @igiggle: This...also bad santa and bazaar are not very useful in this deck cause you draw a lot even without these...and Shadow Knight are very strong...i will run 4x...