Close

Thread: Net Trap

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Net Trap

I've been trying to figure out a strategic purpose of this card... and at the moment, I can't.
    I actually test-played it for about 5 games... and here's my problems:

1) it says it will exhaust the target Ally for 2 turns, but as far as I can tell, by the next turn, the target Ally is recovered. (no visible shaded-color on the card.)

2) exhausted Allies can still defend... meaning, on my turn, I can't attack this enemy-Ally without it hitting back

3) It's completely nullified by Portal. (much to my dismay...and gleefully amusing for my opponent).
    I had a Net-Trap in play (faced down), opponent puts out a Portal. Then summons an Ally. my net-trap 'catches' the Ally, but opponent was still able to attack with it.
    ... which I guess makes sense, since Allies come into play exhausted in the first place...

the only possible use I can think of, (but can't verify b/c I don't have a bow-weapon), is maybe enemy-Ally is still exhausted during my turn, and if I'm using Gwenneth with a bow, I can peck the trapped-Ally for extra damage.
    but even then, it sounds like a long shot. ... err... no pun intended.

Can someone pls provide some strategy for this card?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    oh sorry.. correction on #1.
    target-Ally *is* exhausted (despite no color/shade representation). it can't attack, but can still defend/hit-back.

for 2 casting-cost, I'd say this card still ... sorta sucks...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Apparently there's 2 Net Trap threads so maybe a merge is in order.

If you started second, Net Trap allows you to play your 2-cost ally after your opponent but attack before him. Net Trap somewhat synergies with Surprise Attack, since the more allies are on the field when you play it, the more cards you draw; just be sure you are able to handle the threat though.

I agree Net Trap kinda sucks. Don't know if I'd even deck it at 1 cost; considering I like 30-card decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I apologize for not checking for a pre-existing post first. usually diligent about that... I guess I'm on my bad day.

And thank you for answering my posts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It helps a lot Gwenneth deck because she deals double damage to exhauseted enemies.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    now if only I had a bow.

and... wth? ... now the role is reversed... I casted portal... my summoned Ally was netted... and I can't attack.
    but I swear, when I was playing net-trap, and the AI summoned an Ally w/ Portal, it could attack me??!!

my head is hurting... if someone has this combination of cards, pls give it a try.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Bug!!

I've tested it. I'm certain there's something buggy.

Portal vs Net-Trap.

when i play portal + summons, I can't attack.

when computer-AI plays portal + summons, it can attack. (it even attacks showing the net-trap underneath like:

| ||
    | ||

damn it... which is the 'right' way? it would be kind of cool if net-trap could nullify portal (despite you only get 4 net-traps in the deck).

And where's the Bug post? I want this fixed!!

I had to lose 2 games to test this!