Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    the most evident one that must be dealt with is Amber.

At her current state, she's the only one who's able to use the Marshland Sentinel at 'no cost'. Her ability is passive, so she can channel all her SE into Marshland.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnah View Post
    Why wouldn't they change the heroes? To not have the hero changes coming with the new cards is a bad play in my opinion because all they do is make the strong heroes stronger. The curve shifts as opposed to widening. With the hero changes I think we'd have this curve widening. I'm very disappointed that this is the current course of action. I understand that not everyone has access to the test server and therefore haven't had a chance to play the new cards, but to rush 1.27 out to the masses to get them new cards without balancing things out by adding in the hero changes is... well..... just dumb. Unless, that is, the plan is to release 1.28 on the test server (which I assume will constitute the hero changes) at the same time 1.27 goes live, then forget everything I just said.
    I agree obviously. I only stated what they are planning to do. Or at least what I thought they would do. Either way, not all heroes have an ability yet. Still Victor and Elementalis remaining.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    the most evident one that must be dealt with is Amber.

At her current state, she's the only one who's able to use the Marshland Sentinel at 'no cost'. Her ability is passive, so she can channel all her SE into Marshland.
    What about Gwenneth, Victor, Serana and perhaps Jerichro?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    I agree obviously. I only stated what they are planning to do. Or at least what I thought they would do. Either way, not all heroes have an ability yet. Still Victor and Elementalis remaining.
    Right, right. It gave me a chance to voice my opinion though. I just don't see any point in playing on the main server until the heroes are fixed to compliment/balance out the new allies, and can't see why anyone else with half a brain would either, so I hope that 1.28 is released with 1.27 going to the main servers, so I can continue to play on the test servers. Because, let's face it. Once it goes to the main server, no one is on the test anymore. As far as Vic and Elementalis goes, there has been plenty of good suggestions in that thread about changes, CD needs to pick one and let us test it. It really shouldn't be that hard or involving.
    Test Server ID: ThEReApR
    Main Server ID: ThEReApR
    Main Server Deck Tester: Stunnah

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnah View Post
    To not have the hero changes coming with the new cards is a bad play in my opinion
    Very true statement. Why work on balancing things separately? It's twice the work, balancing the new allies then re-balancing them right after due to the hero changes.

Testing the hero changes together with the new allies would probably have been much more effective.

Probably too late to back down on 1.27, but something to keep in mind for a similar situation in the future.
    In-game name: TJ Dharvo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just played a game against AI on the test server:
    Banebow activated the ability of his Keldor and played Extra Sharp on him while under my Rain Delay.

And generally it seems that the AI tends to do nothing for several turns when confronted with an ally-less deck.
    They play a creature on turn 2 and then nothing more.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Agree on the hero changes and new cards.

So hold off on the new cards.

Release 1.27 as planned, with AI and world changes and bug fixes, but no new cards.

Then release 1.28 behind it (within a week or two) with new cards and hero changes.

Not having new cards for another two weeks sucks, but better than having omg dumb decks cause it's new cards that are (supposedly) balanced with new heroes, instead being played with old heroes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by arebelspy View Post

Release 1.27 as planned, with AI and world changes and bug fixes, but no new cards.

Then release 1.28 behind it (within a week or two) with new cards and hero changes.
    My sentiments exactly
    Test Server ID: ThEReApR
    Main Server ID: ThEReApR
    Main Server Deck Tester: Stunnah

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Not having new cards for another two weeks sucks, but better than having omg dumb decks cause it's new cards that are (supposedly) balanced with new heroes, instead being played with old heroes.
    +1

I'm boycotting game till 1.28 if no hero balance
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

No. The bugs that have been plaguing 1.27 have been pretty severe, however the cards add a HUGE dynamic to the game, even being played by the current lineup of heroes. From the average player's perspective, 1.27 will be awesome and the new cards should be released.