Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Why my rating would be fallen when I won?

Why my rating would be fallen when I won?

Actually, my rating is 200~215.(Fluctuating..)
    Sometimes I can see that my rating falls when I win a game, though.
    I guess that when opposite player's rating is quite lower than me(0~100? 120?), this situation happens.

As u know, players cannot choose opposite players in quick game.(Players r matched randomly according to their rating I guess)

So, I think that's very unfair and unreasonable situation.

plz fix this system. thank you!
    Last edited by isolen; 08-09-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I respectfully disagree with you on the point that losing rating because you were randomly paired with an opponent much weaker than you is unfair.

Practically speaking, losing to a weaker player should not give you an increase in rating, whether it was a pre-determined match or a random match. The systems in place are more complex than just comparing two ratings, but either way, it shouldn't happen.

A decrease in rating is possible if there was an expected level of play during that match that wasn't achieved. Winning and losing are just two variables. Your opponent's and your play may be analyzed as well for rating. I don't know the system, but I am not surprised if I see a decrease in rating after a win.

The quick game system is probably optimized for quickness in matching rather than finding that absolute optimal opponent from a rating standpoint. This way games can be played (the reason we're engaged) and over time, the law of averages proves you will have a rating more or less inline with your capability.

I wouldn't sweat the rating too much. It's just a number. Focus on perfecting your game and getting some entertainment value out of it. The rating will sort itself out over time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by sildani View Post
    I respectfully disagree with you on the point that losing rating because you were randomly paired with an opponent much weaker than you is unfair.

Practically speaking, losing to a weaker player should not give you an increase in rating, whether it was a pre-determined match or a random match. The systems in place are more complex than just comparing two ratings, but either way, it shouldn't happen.

A decrease in rating is possible if there was an expected level of play during that match that wasn't achieved. Winning and losing are just two variables. Your opponent's and your play may be analyzed as well for rating. I don't know the system, but I am not surprised if I see a decrease in rating after a win.

The quick game system is probably optimized for quickness in matching rather than finding that absolute optimal opponent from a rating standpoint. This way games can be played (the reason we're engaged) and over time, the law of averages proves you will have a rating more or less inline with your capability.

I wouldn't sweat the rating too much. It's just a number. Focus on perfecting your game and getting some entertainment value out of it. The rating will sort itself out over time.
    Thx for your rapid reply. But, I don't still understand why my rating would be fallen when I even won.. though I read your reply carefully.

I also agree with your state that my rating should not rise when i win very weaker player than me.

But, others.. it's little hard to me to agree.

Plz describe me What 'an expected level of play' u mentioned is.

According to each players' heroes or tactics, game might be very flexible. Analyzing the level of play would be very hard and I cannot believe that SE analyzes the game players' play.

and who knows? what would be the most idle choice while every turning points in game.

In short, if my random opposite player's rating(or virtual lvl something like that) is very lower than me, there r no results except my rating fallen. I win? fallen. I lose? more more fallen.

i think problem is here and i guess many guys would wanna fix it.

thx for reading.
    Last edited by isolen; 08-09-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey juniors, the matchmaking will change, so no more ranking lost while winning, also play the GDC's ladders/league or some tournaments it's where you can really enjoy, see yah in game
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh, look, it's this thread again!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    +1

I'm sure this won't be the last time either
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey seniors, wait for the new version, with the new rule, no problem = no more threads. See yah on the forum,
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    +666
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry.. I didnt know that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by isolen View Post
    Sorry.. I didnt know that.
    Search feature or even skimming the forums is your friend.
    Signature for rent.