Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You know, I've been a member on a forum or two in my day, and I'll say, as a whole, the Shadow Era forumgoers are quite the polite and tolerant lot. To some extent, I'm sure, that we're not talking about anything serious certainly helps to keep discussion more cerebral and less emotional; it's a card game; what's to be rude about? But still, other than a few trollers here and there, and occasional banter, no one flames here or does really annoying things (except maybe me, with my long, overworded posts - can't help it, just love the sound of my own voice, forgive me this one, small sin - plus, it gives me a place to perfect my control of the written English language.)

However, as for profanity. I understand that a lot of the people who play Shadow Era are kids, and blah blah blah. For the most part none of the forumgoers here use a lot of profanity. I am sure I could look in the official forum rules to see what the profanity policy holds. For the most part, I'm thirty-three years old, and sometimes a sentance just needs a good "fuck" - and I applaude the forum mods for their lack of chastisement in the face of my (and others, I'm sure) minor, profanities here on the Shadow Era forums.

Thank you and goodnight!
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 08-13-2011 at 03:24 AM.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    ... I'll say, as a whole, the Shadow Era forumgoers are quite the polite and tolerant lot.
    ... I applaude the forum mods for their lack of chastisement in the face of my (and others, I'm sure) minor, profanities here on the Shadow Era forums.
    I agree,but I believe we're talking about in-game chat as opposed to forum posnts. I actually haven't encountered any abusive players, just rude ones. To whit: not replying to a "gg" is just poor gamesmanship, especially when offered by a losing player in advance of the loss.

Granted, there are people who either a) don't know how to chat (a hint there would be nice, maybe a chat button instead of the camera button, since many of us would prefer a swipe or click & drag to change view) or b) don't want th chat but don't know how to turn it off. I've only played one person who had enabled the option, and MANY who simply don't reply.

Then there are the players who insist on playing every possible card they can when just one hit will end the game. Really, are you THAT insecure? I don't care how awesome you think your deck is, just kill me and end it.

I'm glad to know abusive players can be reported here, but again, not everyone who plays will get to the forums. At the very least, then, putting the info regarding how to chat and how to turn it off in the Help area would be a good idea. IMOSHO.
    Last edited by amateur6; 08-13-2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Typo

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Some players (like me) do not watch the screen (all the time) when it's my opponent's turn. So we may miss your msg.

So it may not be poor gamesmanship.

Just to inform everyone.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    Some players (like me) do not watch the screen (all the time) when it's my opponent's turn. So we may miss your msg.

Just to inform everyone.
    Point taken, and a good one. Maybe chats should stay onscreen until dismissed? I've also had quite a few "sorry, I missed that. What did you say?" -- which makes for a more tedious chat.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post

Just to inform everyone.
    So true. We might be busy with other stuff too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm a little rough around the edges and sometimes profanity slips out.

I have been pondering this question for a while....

What are the rules toward profanity in the forums, as i have not read them? I am polite, but sometimes talk like a sailor (former union warehouse worker).

What is the conduct concerning in-game chat? If someone calls me slow, do I have a right to call them a fag or sheep fucker (or sheep f**ker)? I would politely explain to them the reason I am going slow that particular round, but the chat space is small and the turns timed. So can my one-word responses be acceptable?
    Sorry N' Shit

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    -Edit by AnAdolt and removed excessive language.

Are you one? Are you biased towards the scots?
    Last edited by AnAdolt; 08-19-2011 at 04:22 AM. Reason: edit by AnAdolt
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GS693 View Post
    Why would I care ya stupid little dipshit that goes around calling people sheep fucker?

Are you one? Are you biased towards the scots?
    My Godzilla could eat yo kitty...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qVQc...eature=related
    Sorry N' Shit

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MRxGREEN View Post
    Sniper kitty is immune to godzilla
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GS693 View Post
    Sniper kitty is immune to godzilla
    ^^^ Lol let's troll it up

Your kitty is a pussy and my Godzilla is a God and Zilla.

Pretty sure you been Trumped
    Sorry N' Shit