Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Guardian of the Font

Guardian of the Font
    3 CC
    Human Ally
    1/5
    Whenever any player draws a card, their hero takes 1 damage. There is no hand size limit.
    Rumors place the mythic Font of Knowledge in the Daneju Desert, guarded by a shadowed order. No one has ever returned to confirm this.

Or

Guardian of the Font
    4 CC
    Warrior, Priest Class
    Armor
    4Dur/3Def
    Whenever any player draws a card, their hero takes 2 damage. There is no hand size limit.
    Rumors place the mythic Font of Knowledge in the Daneju Desert, guarded by a shadowed order. No one has ever returned to confirm this.

Guardian of the Font
    4 CC
    Warrior, Priest Class
    Armor
    4Dur/3Def
    Whenever any player draws a card after their first, their hero takes 2 damage. There is no hand size limit.

Guardian of the Font
    3 CC
    Human Ally
    1/5
    Whenever any player draws a card in addition to their first, their hero takes 1 damage. There is no hand size limit.

As a veteran of Magic, I am quite aware that one of the most powerful mechanics in a TCG is card draw. Card draw for mages is rampant. I thought that a card like this would create some interesting strategic situations. Obviously, it would need play-testing, and this is only the initial idea.

As a Majiya player, I know this will be unpopular among my compatriots, but I think there needs to be a counter to strong card draw.
    Last edited by Shattered Pearl; 08-18-2011 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Taking into account everyone's suggestions.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    this card isnt that powerful i can see it as a priest/wulven armor they have play style to fit with this card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

True, Perhaps:

Perhaps it could have 5 Durability and 3 Defense. Or it could be a 2/6 Ally.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    most amours are not that strong just be like a four or five cast amour 4/2 or 4/1 or 5/1 whatever

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    i like it, but am not sure how much play it would get, as the meta is currently in a feeding frenzy to get better/faster/consistent draw for their decks. in a unique build to thumb your nose at the masses, it might work, but i just don't see it getting that much play time.

P.S. - i agree that card draw is too rampant, but @kyle and co have stated many times over that they want matches to be short. the only real way to ensure this is to make card draw the name of the game, and that it is. :\ +1 for thinking out of the box
    Accolades:
    Former Member of The A1 Alliance "Evolution In Theory"
    Season 4 Hall of Fame Top Ranking - Ranked #14 soothslyr1
    Gondoriandotcom Flash Tournament - Winner (Over Portgaz D Ace) Team Juggernaut
    Bluejet24 Crown Tournament - Winner (Over Crispy1313)
    Hatts Pop up Tournament - Winner (Jjsia) A1 Member

Contributions To The Community:
    Priest Tactics Forum
    Ways To Play
    Advanced Strategies [Part: 1]
    Advanced Strategies [Parts: 2 & 3]

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good thinking behind this one. The card's stats remind me of the damage over time spells mages have access to and which can mostly only be played when your opponent gives you a free turn to breathe and cast them, only the suggested card could be stopped more easily, so i guess either the effect or the protective value would have to be stronger to make it work.
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Ok, I've modified the card to better match people's suggestions. I've made it a creature with a lower casting cost and a higher health so that it can have other functions, as well as be harder to kill, especially behind Aeon.

I think that this card could have more uses then just as a card draw fire quencher. For example, if you want to, and you have a Bad Santa ready, and your opponent has 3 life, play the Bad Santa, and destroy the opponent. In fact, I think that it could create the possibility for a new kind of deck for the Priest class, as they can better mitigate the damage from that card draw.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    6 health is a lot.
    That's 8 stats and a good power for 3cc. Not balanced. I think the armor was better.
    -brontos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Ok, Brontos made a good point, so I modified the card to match. I also provided a modified version of the armor.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by soothslyr View Post
    P.S. - i agree that card draw is too rampant, but @kyle and co have stated many times over that they want matches to be short. the only real way to ensure this is to make card draw the name of the game, and that it is. :\ +1 for thinking out of the box
    On the contrary, I think it actually speeds up the game. After all, it damages both heroes at least 1 health point every turn.