Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Yet Another New Player

Hi guys, my name is Daniel, and I'm one the latest players of this game.

I'm new to this genre, I first started playing a game called Kard Combat on my iPhone, then started looking for others on the platform. That's when I found Shadow Era. Super happy with this game, already bought some Shadow Crystals to extend my game and have two deck goals (one for Nish, another for Eldawen) that I'm working towards. I'm still as noobish as they come, but I'm learning by playing and reading your commentary on the forums.

My favorite features of the game are the rules themselves, the 30-card minimum (I hear this may change one day, I hope not!) and the fact you can play it on a web browser, on a Mac, on an iPad and on an iPhone WITHOUT requiring separate accounts. Well done, developers.

My in-game name is Sannerien, if you want to duel with me let me know.

Look forward to engaging in some serious card strategy debates with you guys.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the community

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask anyone or post anything in here. Most are helpful and don't bite. Some actually gives you cookies too. You might want to skim over this thread since you're new.

Oh, there are new cards that are due to be out in the next week or so (don't quote me on that, last I heard was the update is only a couple of Venusian days away).

There's also the test server where the next version is currently being tested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The test server is now open to the public!

http://test.shadowera.com

The test server will be updated with daily development builds as we fix bugs and implement new features. It might be a good place to have a casual game against an opponent with all the latest fixes, try out new deck strategies, and check out new features in development.

- your account is separate from the main game servers
    - all cards cost just 1g

We have also opened up our bug tracking database to the public, which you can view at http://dev.wulven.com:8080/browse/SE for realtime progress.
    Welcome again!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jiminee View Post
    the update is only a couple of Venusian days away)
    Don't believe what he saids, he's on crack. Who the heck would say the update is only a couple of Venusian days away?

Don't worry, you can trust me, I'm the Community Manager after all, I wouldn't lie to you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've discovered the test server, had a peek at the new cards. Mostly allies, no new mage abilities but that's OK, the new allies look fun.

A couple Venusian days? That's right around the corner. Looking forward for it to hit live.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Noooo, why do you trust what he saids. He lies ALL THE TIME! You should put your faith in me. Not because everytime you say "oh my god", I'll always try to reply with, "you called", but because you should trust the trustworthy CM!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh shush, you. I literally just facepalmed right now. Hahaha. Have a cookie from your treat server.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't forget a glass of milk from the teat server to go with your cookies...
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    For the below response.... you have been banned.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

My last victim had the most appropiate response, so I took a picture before eating him.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great pic before the headshot, GS.

This game is very addictive. I can get to about 160 rank before I start losing to the better players. So much to learn still. Having a great time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    if you want to play friendly matches vs good players who will be able to offer advice, I'd also recommend going to the IRC channel. There is some info around, but if you know IRC alread it's on the freenode network (irc.freenode.net) and the channel is called #shadowera. I'm there a lot of the day, and it's starting to pick up in popularity now.