Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Got a little bit better, but got ground down by a 90+ card Zhanna deck. Need more bows but can't buy any more because I keep sling and can't earn any gold. Don't want to just purchase booster after booster either.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The more games you play with a particular deck the better you will get at understanding what to sac early on. And as others have mentioned, that will vary depending on the hero you are playing against.

As for buying bows, if you have enough crystals I would suggest buying starter decks (Elementals deck) and selling the cards you get from that to get the gold and then using the gold to buy what you need. Better than taking a chance with boosters I would think.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good points above here. As a simple rule of thumb, keep stuff you would very much like to play in the next 3 to 5 turns (depending on how far you're thinking ahead), and sac whatever's not on that list. You'll do fine against the AI that way. If you notice cards that you always sac and never play, those should be removed from your deck.

For a more extensive discussion on strategy, check out the article I link to in my signature.
    proud former member of A1 Alliance
    overview of all
    my strategy articles

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    The more games you play with a particular deck the better you will get at understanding what to sac early on. And as others have mentioned, that will vary depending on the hero you are playing against.
    +1, after 100 odd games, you'll be pretty sure what to sac if you stay with your same deck. Just to provide a gauge so you'll get a clearer picture.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Another nice way, as a beginner, to start out each game is to create a hand which let you play a card each turn without wasting a resource. That might sound easy, but it gives you a great curve to focus on and if you have that under control you can make new choices and build from what you picked up.

Furthermore saccing choices change rapidly if you go second as opposed to going first. Keep more removal, sacc "luxury cards" more. You create a more reavtice play.

Another thing to concider is: How many times do I run this card in my deck? Let's say you play 2 shrieks against a amber/gwenneth deck and you draw both in your opening hand, never sacc it! While if you would play 4 you had atleast the option to sacc one, I probably would.