Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Post Boris' Swiss-Army-Knife

It is nothing really new but i don't see many people playing Boris like that, so i want to share it with you.

Deck List
    4x Blood Frenzey (propably the best card in this deck. I always won the matches with BF in my starting hand)
    4x Crippling Blow ( slows down aggressiv decks with a lot of allies like Zaldar, some Ambers or Boris)
    4x Retreat ( helps keeping boardcontrol. Save it for bemoths, Ravens or Aeons)
    4x Puwen (another turn two drop and with 2/3 better than Blake)
    4x Jasmine
    4x Aldon ( i prefer to play, because he often swallows a fireball or a lightningstrike plus one hit.)
    2x Smashing Blow ( helpful against gweneth and amber but also good for Snow Saphire or AoE wich could really suck)
    4x Jewelers Dream (the multitool. Kills allies with x/1, strikes against armors and other weapons and allows you to play raven and a retreat in the fith turn or something simmilar.)
    1x enrage (saves lifes)
    1x rampage ( only useful against allie-heavy aggro decks. Otherwise recource it.)
    3x raven (the 6 defense is a nightmare for every burn player. She survives most attacks and does a lot damage herself)
    2x aeon ( protects aldon and Jasmine and is almost impossible to kill)
    1x Snow Saphire (Takes gweneth and Amber off the Game and other ally-heavy decks)
    1x Kings Pride ( mostly the gamewinner when played)

1x Boris
    40 Cards

It doesn't look spectacular but it's highly efficent. I think some will say keep it down to 30 cards, but that is not the idea.
    Playing Blood Frenzey the second turn is alost all the time the right choice. (exept zaldar drops two sparks or something like that)
    Then you gain board control with cripplingblow, retreat, jewelers dream or just by playing the big guys like aldon or Jasmine.
    Raven and Aeon will follow and your opponent cannot clean the board. Even with Nishaven or a supernova he will need two turns, while you hit him hard.
    Only if you can't play BF in the first three or four turns it's becoming a little tough. But mostly you can keep board control untill you draw BF and then the game is on.
    For the last eighty matches i lost only four times:
    gweneth. ( I didn't draw BF till the end of the match but one more round and I would have won)
    Majia ( Same as gweneth)
    twice Jericho ( he's my archenemy. Almost everything he can do is the perfect counterpart to my deck. His ability removes BF, cripplingblow and enrage. Tidal wave removes even raven and aeon and curse slows me down a lot. It's very hard to win this matchup)
    Other matchups were no problem except for an elementalis, which i only beat becuse i play 40 cards.^^

Comments and criticism are highly apreciated.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You want to draw BF more frequently? Play 30 cards. I don't get why you don't want to.
    -brontos

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brontos View Post
    You want to draw BF more frequently? Play 30 cards. I don't get why you don't want to.
    40 Card Ladder and League

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well I tried this too and I was a convinced 30-card-player, but this works just better. It's no deck that kills aggrolike in the first 6 turns (mostly). It's about controlling the situation and having the answer to (almost) every situation. By the Way i need more allie cards to have something to hit with after two tidal waves or any burn. 40 cards is fine. 20percent i don't play BF in the first two rounds and only five percent i don't have it in play.
    But make a suggestion what to cut. The only thing i wouldn't miss are the puwens, but as said i need a large number of allies. (:

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    If you are playing quick games, play at 30, that's the logical thing to do.

That's no way a deck runs better at 40 as compared to 30. (unless you are running a mill deck/Moonstalker/full moon deck)

My 30 card Boris: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ogan+firestone

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I thought this a long time too, but beeing flexible is worth a lot, th game won't be as quick, but the control is way better. Your deck looks like a slimmer version of mine and Works propably well, but i see you lost a Lot of times against majia. I only did once since i started playing this way. With more allies its easier to drop one as a meatshield.
    The mirror matches against 30 card boris were all mine. I think about adding warbanner, but i have to cut something than.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Edit: Made changes to post.

I saw your games, impressive. Nice job. 76 wins, 4 losses is an impressive record.

You should play in the 40 card ladder.

If you like variety, I can recommend Bashere's deck: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ght=meatshield

For wacky variety I can point you to Carbon's deck: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-do-Boris-Sahn

I like it very much too.

Just to clear the air regarding my games:

Quoted from my OP:

2. 160 - 216 - majiya - W
    4. 172 - 213 - majiya - W
    5. 180 - 226 - majiya - W
    7. 182 - 233 - majiya - LOSS
    8. 181 - 054 - majiya - LOSS
    27. 211 - 205 - majiya - W
    29. 216 - 189 - majiya - W
    33. 220 - 174 - majiya - W
    38. 223 - 189 - majiya - W
    40. 222 - 168 - majiya - LOSS (Survived all the way, all 4 blood frenzy in last 9 cards, stupid probability)
    41. 224 - 201 - majiya - W
    42. 227 - 249 - majiya - W
    49. 229 - 226 - majiya - W
    50. 227 - 234 - majiya - LOSS (Survived all the way, BOTH my Enrage in last 9 cards, stupid probability)
    51. 228 - 208 - majiya - W

11 wins vs 4 losses. Probably not a great a records as yours, but it's not too shabby.

Just to clear the air regarding your earlier post.
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 08-04-2011 at 05:25 PM.