Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mongobo View Post
    While I would agree in principle, Lay Low still means you're going to need an assassination to bail you out. Retreat is going to give Thadeus another casting whack at your creatures.

I've been screwing around with Thadeus on the test server, and it's just nuts what you can do with his Direct Damage. For 3 casting cost, he's essentially got a first turn attack, ambush, a super ambush that can cut through Rain Delay, Cover of Night, and Snow Saphire (not to mention all armor), and is totally immune to Jasmine. Thadeus is freakishly powerful.
    He shouldn't be unique though, didnt you get the memo?
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure time will tell. When the bugs are ironed out in 1.271 we'll all run him, and he'll be unique, and he'll get dumped for Gargoyle and Medusil. If I had a hat, I'd say "if I'm wrong, I'll eat my hat" but alas, I have no hat.

Giving ALL allies a +1 attack like our other unique is worth a lot more T3-5 than 2 damage a turn. I can see he may have some uses, but as a unique, meh.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    He shouldn't be unique though, didnt you get the memo?
    Heh. Yeah. It's funny what a different perspective you can have on him depending on the class you play. I took one look at him and immediately thought my struggling Rogue deck was now in real trouble with all Shadow classes. Others see something that can be handled easily with a lightning (+snake) or fireball.

Oh Jeez. I forgot to mention he is also immune to Crippling Blow, Raven, Curse and those attack modifying cards... It really makes my head spin how powerful that ally really is.
    Last edited by mongobo; 08-03-2011 at 06:41 PM.
    "The race for quality has no finish line." -SPDIII

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Heh. Yeah. It's funny what a different perspective you can have on him depending on the class you play. I took one look at him and immediately thought my struggling Rogue deck was now in real trouble with all Shadow classes. Others see something that can be handled easily with a lightning (+snake) or fireball.

Oh Jeez. I forgot to mention he is also immune to Crippling Blow, Raven, Curse and those attack modifying cards... It really makes my head spin how powerful that ally really is.
    i play rogue (sometimes. it's my alt deck), and even i think he isn't exactly unique worthy. as he stands, he's a baby PB with a little extra oomph from the getgo. even with that, though, i don't honestly believe it.

but to each their own.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Too weak. Make him a 1/4 leave everything else the same and he will be a competitive choice for each deck, based on playstyle. As it stands he is crappy Medusil, he's even worse than Keldor. Keldor can swing for 6 on turn 4, Medusil can swing for 5 (both of these cases including just a single Hellsteed) whereas Death Mage is just pew pewing for 2, my my that is staggeringly powerful. May my enemies tremble in fear of him. At 1/4, he deals 3 base with a Hellsteed out, then 2 from his pulse. That's 5 and puts him on level with Medusil. Her petrification ability is just a variable of his 1 instant dd and versatile attack. At this point it's a selection based on which compliment your deck more and not being forced to just go with Medusil because it outclasses Death Mage :/. Card has amazing art and an interesting ability, I don't want to see it go to waste

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I think he would be a powerful ally but most decks would be able to handle him. Remember also that when attacking him he doesn't defend at all. I can imagine him being a real problem for rogues but I don't think keeping him as unique just because a certain hero class would have problems with him is enough to warrant that.

I guess time and testing will tell what he should be. Hopefully when the bug fixes come on the test server, we can test him out initially as not unique just so we can see if we need to limit him. As it is, though, he's got several bugs that makes near unplayable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by the real kino View Post
    unique cards are cards that can only be in play 1 at a time, like Aldon. epic cards is a rarity of the card, not relevant to its use, but only if ur collecting it, epics are in less stock than commons so are worth more.
    I guess you misunderstood. I know for unique cards, u can only have 1 on board.
    My question is.. How do you decide a card to be a unique card and not just common card?
    And the same for epic card

Like why aldon? Why deathmage?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodia View Post
    I guess you misunderstood. I know for unique cards, u can only have 1 on board.
    My question is.. How do you decide a card to be a unique card and not just common card?
    And the same for epic card

Like why aldon? Why deathmage?
    Aldon because he would be OP if you can put 4 of him on board and his effect stacks.

Deathmage because ... I'm not certain he should be unique.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hands up if Mongobo is CalmDown's alt account....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by MattOG View Post
    Hands up if Mongobo is CalmDown's alt account....
    Lol. Doubt Calmdown would stoop to that.

Still, it's a weak argument to make, stating an ally is OP because it owns the most underpowered class in the game.
    In-game name: TJ Dharvo