Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by MattOG View Post
    I agree that it probably isn't so OP that it needs to be unique. In fact, if it was unique, I'd probably take it out of the deck.
    Me, either. if deathmage were unique, it would be useless. his damage is not remarkable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Btw, what make a card a unique? And what make a card an epic?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodia View Post
    Btw, what make a card a unique? And what make a card an epic?
    unique cards are cards that can only be in play 1 at a time, like Aldon. epic cards is a rarity of the card, not relevant to its use, but only if ur collecting it, epics are in less stock than commons so are worth more.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mongobo View Post
    Getting two of those out by turn four is just about a lockdown, especially against Rogues. Get multiples of him out with a direct damage hero and it's game over, particularly against the classes without reset cards.
    2x2 dmg lockdown on lance/rogue?

wth? what have you been smoking, they can't even touch a sandworm, and jasmine + aldon is kinda worse as a lockdown than 2 death mages, gameplay wise and damagewise, so your argument is invalid.

And IMO thaddeus will be useless as a card if he's unique.
    Card Collages for all Classes | ShadoweraChat(channel: shadowera) | Testserver
    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    <GDC|AFK> Jaridan hath returned!
    <GDC|AFK> #36 on the ladder and never played a game
    <GDC|AFK> Nerd has played 20 games and is #37
    Soldier:"Sir, we are surrounded!"
    Commander:"Excellent! Now we can fire in any direction!"
    Jaridan - Frontpig Soldier

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaridan View Post
    2x2 dmg lockdown on lance/rogue?

wth? what have you been smoking, they can't even touch a sandworm, and jasmine + aldon is kinda worse as a lockdown than 2 death mages, gameplay wise and damagewise, so your argument is invalid.

And IMO thaddeus will be useless as a card if he's unique.
    1. Sandworm is a turn 5 creature which is useless until 6 (and will require a turn 7 to kill a single Thadeus unaided). Relying on a turn 6 bailout means you're Rogue deck has lost.
    2. Jasmine + Aldon doesn't work well on Stealth decks, but Direct Damage does. Against Jasmine, Rogues can use Assassination on a Stealthed creature to kill the combo. Dropping a single Thadeus means my Nightshade dies, and my Assassination won't work. Dropping a second means you'll have 4 points of unblock able, cost free damage to kill or soften up everything but the sand worm.

I've been playing Rogue almost exclusively since their release, and the decks only work with creature advantage. The heroes don't have good enough weapons or armor, and the closest thing to a reset card is assassination (which requires a creature). They simply can't comeback from creature deficit.

Honest to God. Put together a Rogue deck, and go play against shadow mages. Then, think about how much worse it would have gone for you if those mages would have had access to multiple Thadeus'.
    "The race for quality has no finish line." -SPDIII

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think you horribly underestimate how good direct damage is. Having it on a 3-cost ally with 4 hp is pretty silly.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Senior Member Pretty Pretty Princess's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mongobo View Post
    1. Sandworm is a turn 5 creature which is useless until 6 (and will require a turn 7 to kill a single Thadeus unaided). Relying on a turn 6 bailout means you're Rogue deck has lost.
    2. Jasmine + Aldon doesn't work well on Stealth decks, but Direct Damage does. Against Jasmine, Rogues can use Assassination on a Stealthed creature to kill the combo. Dropping a single Thadeus means my Nightshade dies, and my Assassination won't work. Dropping a second means you'll have 4 points of unblock able, cost free damage to kill or soften up everything but the sand worm.

I've been playing Rogue almost exclusively since their release, and the decks only work with creature advantage. The heroes don't have good enough weapons or armor, and the closest thing to a reset card is assassination (which requires a creature). They simply can't comeback from creature deficit.

Honest to God. Put together a Rogue deck, and go play against shadow mages. Then, think about how much worse it would have gone for you if those mages would have had access to multiple Thadeus'.
    Lay Low makes it not game-over. There's Retreat! too.
    ~PrettyPrettyPrincess~
    v^.^
    Current deck build: Pending Release of Dark Prophecies...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Pretty Princess View Post
    If a card isn't being run by someone who posted it in a FOTM deck, it's useless and you should never use it. Didn't you get the memo?
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Pretty Princess View Post
    While I would agree in principle, Lay Low still means you're going to need an assassination to bail you out. Retreat is going to give Thadeus another casting whack at your creatures.

I've been screwing around with Thadeus on the test server, and it's just nuts what you can do with his Direct Damage. For 3 casting cost, he's essentially got a first turn attack, ambush, a super ambush that can cut through Rain Delay, Cover of Night, and Snow Saphire (not to mention all armor), and is totally immune to Jasmine. Thadeus is freakishly powerful.
    Last edited by mongobo; 08-03-2011 at 05:03 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    If a card isn't being run by someone who posted it in a FOTM deck, it's useless and you should never use it. Didn't you get the memo?
    I've tried like crazy to make Law Low work. Maybe you've found a way, but it sure stumps me. It seems it's only purpose is to buy you a single turn to save a creature long enough to use Assassination. If I need it before round 6, it means I need to still have a creature in play, Lay Low and Assassination in my hand, two turns, and six resources to kill a single creature... Whatever benefit I gain from that is almost certainly negated by whatever my opponent can do in those same two turns, with his/her two cards, and his/her resources.

Edit: If Lay Low simply made my creatures un-targetable until the end of my next turn, that would be useful.
    Last edited by mongobo; 08-03-2011 at 05:06 PM.