Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

arebelspy SE Commentary #6 - Plague Rebuttal

Click here for the main thread discussing my commentaries: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....Thread&p=76344

This is arebelspy SE Commentary #6 - Viewer Game #1 - Plague Rebuttal

Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP70FE2S0Zk

This video is an attempted rebuttal to my first commentary, "Why Plague is Bad," found here: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-Plague-is-Bad

In this video featuring Jericho v. Amber, I look at a game where Plague is used more effectively to see if it's maybe not as bad as we thought.

Please leave any specific comments to the video in this thread, any generic comments on my commentating or commentary requests in the main thread linked above.
    Last edited by arebelspy; 08-04-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very effective use of Plague and Cobraskin Wraps! I too have never seen it in play but this video makes me rekindle my interest in constructing a resource destruction deck. Just a minor nitpick on commentary, @ 3:10 I think you mean Blood Frenzy, not Bloodlust
    (420) Target ally is stoned and cannot be productive today.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizla79 View Post
    Very effective use of Plague and Cobraskin Wraps! I too have never seen it in play but this video makes me rekindle my interest in constructing a resource destruction deck. Just a minor nitpick on commentary, @ 3:10 I think you mean Blood Frenzy, not Bloodlust
    Yeah, I do that all the time. I generally figure my target audience can tell if I'm talking about a card that lets them draw one more/turn or gives their guys +2 attack. I know what I mean, at least. :P

The cobraskin wraps was kinda neat, and this would be brutal with prenerf sandra (though she was brutal and autoinclude 4x on her own anyways). In any case, it does seem like a very fun deck to play at least, if you want to annoy your opponent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by arebelspy View Post
    Yeah, I do that all the time. I generally figure my target audience can tell if I'm talking about a card that lets them draw one more/turn or gives their guys +2 attack. I know what I mean, at least. :P

The cobraskin wraps was kinda neat, and this would be brutal with prenerf sandra (though she was brutal and autoinclude 4x on her own anyways). In any case, it does seem like a very fun deck to play at least, if you want to annoy your opponent.
    Before the nerf of Sandra i run a deck with 4 of her, 4 of cobraskin and 4 plagues. Cobraskin was bugged though and it costed 6 instead of 4 i think. It was a fun deck but mostly it needed you to play first and have the resource advantage. When you had sandra x2 followed by plague and cobraskin it was gameover.
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'm ok with plague but the old HBM and Sandra were a disaster
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That was the worst Amber EVER!

how doesnt she have any card to play on turn 2¿?
    And attacking directly the other hero...

That turn w Berserkers she could have just killed jasmine and play a raven
    OR destroy armor + puwen

Even playing cards like BF or Crippling will force jericho to use his SEnergy and prevent him from drawing with wizent's.

Mother of god. COBRASKIN ...it's the WORST card EVER made on SE. can't even take those players srsly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tomasruiz View Post
    Mother of god. COBRASKIN ...it's the WORST card EVER made on SE. can't even take those players srsly.
    That honor belongs to nova infusion; please respect it's authori-tie.

As for cobra skin, it has a place, just really hard to use in competitive play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NachyoChez View Post
    That honor belongs to nova infusion; please respect it's authori-tie.
    +1
    (420) Target ally is stoned and cannot be productive today.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tomasruiz View Post
    That was the worst Amber EVER!

how doesnt she have any card to play on turn 2¿?
    And attacking directly the other hero...

That turn w Berserkers she could have just killed jasmine and play a raven
    OR destroy armor + puwen

Even playing cards like BF or Crippling will force jericho to use his SEnergy and prevent him from drawing with wizent's.

That amber wasn't good indeed. But your idea of how a good amber should play is even worse, not having cards to play on turn 2 isn't anything exceptional, shit happens, especially when going 2nd. And wow at your stupid idea of playing attached cards to make Jericho spend Shadow Energy, wizent's cost only one, you need to lose at least 2 cards and the tempo of playing them to make Jericho do not draw a SINGLE card before he removes your 3rd attachment.

Mother of god. YOU'RE the WORST player EVER that shows at the forum, can't even take you srsly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    That amber wasn't good indeed. But your idea of how a good amber should play is even worse, not having cards to play on turn 2 isn't anything exceptional, shit happens, especially when going 2nd. And wow at your stupid idea of playing attached cards to make Jericho spend Shadow Energy, wizent's cost only one, you need to lose at least 2 cards and the tempo of playing them to make Jericho do not draw a SINGLE card before he removes your 3rd attachment.

Mother of god. YOU'RE the WORST player EVER that shows at the forum, can't even take you srsly.

OK gis u trying to copy me is a huge failure.
    How can you not draw a 2 drop as a warr?

4 Blood F.
    4 puwen
    4 Crippling
    4 Retreats
    4 Blake

most players run 8-12 2cc drops so thats almost HALF YOUR DECK.
    Still and playing as Jericho myself I found that denying me extra cards can disrupt my strategy and even more so if you as warrior ARE GOING FIRST.
    Even when she dropped 2 weapons she didn't think of board but plain attck hero nonsense.

So gis stop trying to copy, stop failing and start being more creative
    kthx.