Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Questions and suggestions

I wont lie this has me stoked like nothing on the idevice has before!

But I would really like to know more about the rule set to know what to expect and how to formulate deck strats. some questions that stick out

repeated cards: can you have repeats of the same cards in a deck? if so is their a limit (such as MTG has the limit of 4)

Capture, Control: is there/will there be capture/control.counter style cards? in MTG these where largely the realm of blue cards, counter spell being a staple of most blue decks, and others that could take an monster (SE allie) for your own, or move effects on allies from one target to another, or return a card in play to owners hand, and other such sneaky effects? a good blue counter control deck is likely the most nerd rage inducing thing in the world! muahahaha

color protection: now it does not seem like SE works on a color system but is there any form of protect such as MTGs walk skills (plainswalk, swampwalk ect) protecting from all effects from said type?

can you give us a rundown of how a turn plays out? the phases ect?

and any other info you are willing to toss to us!

Edit: Also will it be possible to watch other ppls games? even more so in large tournaments? if not consider this a suggestion!!

Also a few suggestions:

Full out grand style tournaments! with great prizes like boosters, itunes gift cards, or even one of a kind cards, and hell if the game takes off and makes you stupid rich even give idevices away for big time uber tourneys!

other contests such as card suggestions where any cards you choice to use the person that suggested it gets there name (screen name or real name up to the winners) on the card (under the flavor text perhaps) and get the card given to them free.

dont know what the game board looks like (could we get a SS of it? that would rock!) but maybe a players rank in the ladder/tournament system could effect the way their side of the gameboard looks, or perhaps how their name looks or something to that effect.

Assuming you use a social gaming platform at some point (as in apples own thats in the works that i cant seem to remember the name of heh) perhaps have achievements that on top of the points it gives in the social gaming platform would give little in game rewards, like exp and gold. I much prefer games that do things like this rather then just add to a meaningless number on the social gaming network.

If the Beta is a more "closed" beta with a limited amount of ppl let in would be cool if the beta testers could get their names in the credits. beta tested another idevice game that did this and its just an all around cool thing to do! ofc if its a more openish beta with lots of ppl this would not work very well

can't think of anything else off the top of my head without knowing more about the game and its rules so I will stop rambling now hehe
    Last edited by kirothak; 07-16-2010 at 08:15 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reckon you should repost this is the FAQ thread mate, Kyle is on there quite a bit. (good questions by the way! )

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    These are all very good questions and I hope Kyle takes the time to answer each one carefully!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good questions, I will update the FAQ