Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The Ter Adun Monster Bash

Hi my fellow Warriors,

Been trying to make a more or less competitive, allies based, Ter Adun deck. So far it performs rather well against most heroes and players in the 200 range. Off course Mages give the most problems to this deck, but don’t they always.

Basically this deck revolves around card draw (Blood Frenzy + Bad Santa) and resource (Jeweler’s Dream) advantages. Both are used primarily to spam the board with allies to gain board control asap.

Ter Adun

4x Keldor
    4x Gargoyle
    4x Brutalis
    4x Plasma Behemoth

4x Blood Frenzy
    2x Bad Santa
    4x Crippling Blow
    2x Shield Bash
    2x Blood Lust
    2x War Banner
    3x Shriek of Vengeance

4x Jeweler’s Dream

40 cards total.

Why these allies?

Keldor for his synergy with Jeweler’s Dream and resulting damage output. Alternatively you could use Medusil, but for this deck I like Keldor better.
    Gargoyle for a hard to kill allie to regain some board presence.
    Brutalis as a 2cc drop. Like him better the Fire Snake and with War Banner and Blood Lust can still do some serious damage. Also has more staying power then Snake.
    Plasma Behemoth for raw damage out put. Jeweler’s Dream can help out with his inbuilt fire balls.

Why these abilities/items?

Blood Frenzy is my draw engine. Bad Santa is back up.
    Crippling Blow and Shield Bash are for regaining some board control and for Erica’s and Night Shades.
    Blood Lust and War Banner increase the damage output of my allies.
    Shriek of Vengeance has to take care for wanted items, in combination with Ter Adun’s ability.
    Jeweler’s Dream is for extra resource generation.

I could use some feedback on this deck. All hints and tips are welcome!

Grts,

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This looks pretty good, though i would play 4x shield bash if i were you. The biggest problem for Ter Adun is board control and these help tremendously with that - without them going second and having Jasmine or Behemoth up against you can quickly become a situation you won't recover from. Valiant Defender is pretty helpful as well, except against mages.
    Another great board control tool is berserker's edge, esp. when you go second and have not drawn your Blood Frenzy you can take out a lot of allies with this weapon and buy time. 2 of them usually works best for me, i don't want to draw too many of them at once either.

Stuff i would take out is

Bad Santa - doesn't help you often enough; going for a slow and defensive game when you don't draw one of your Blood Frenzied is a better bet
    War Banner - It can be good, but i found you're usually to busy establishing board control
    and Shriek -whenever you need more item destruction than you get from Ter's ability it's against weapon heavy decks and against these you're better of running a few smashing blows. The higher resource cost is unproblematic due to Jeweler's Dream.

Oh and you should definitely add 2x Enrage, it will reliably save your ass against decks that go directly for your hero, like Gwen, Zaladar and Majiya. As playing it disrupts your own game's flow you should wait with it until you are in killing range for your opponent (f.e. when you are frenzied and have 9 health left against mages or rapid fire Gwens).
    Last edited by Sisyphos; 07-28-2011 at 01:41 PM.
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Pretty good -- mine's more ally-heavy, and I agree with Sisyphos's suggestions. Here's mine and it took out a 210 Gravebone yesterday. I went first, but it was never close -- it's all about Blood Frenzy. He played well but you can't keep up with the card draw. I'd have been in trouble probably if he'd nova'd, but that was about it. I had to shed a tear though, GB is my fav hero to play. If you want to see the match it's graphlem vs xx scarface xx.

The match also hi-lights how valuable Brutalis is as it really hit my guys hard early -- I could have Crippled it the turn it came in but fell for my own strategy and chose to drop guys instead -- big mistake. Never thought he'd use it so effectively, Kudos Scarface, GG!

Ter Adun - 40 cards

4x Brutalis
    3x Gargoyle
    3x Keldor
    3x Bella
    3x Plasma B
    2x Medusil

3x Valiant Defender
    1x Enrage
    1x Smashing Blow
    2x Shriek
    2x Crippling
    3x Shield Bash
    4x Blood Frenzy

3x Jeweler's Dream
    2x Snow Sapphire

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi, thnx for the feed back.

As for the feed back itself:

Changed my Bad Santa's for 2x Enrage. Most of the time I sack BS anyway.
    Swapped the Shrieks for Smaching Blows. You don't have to use item-destroyers early in the game and losing a resource is bad always!

So far it seems to be an improvement!

Thnx again!
    I