Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree, but first we need to define what Wulven as a race are: rogues, hunters, warriors or a combination of these classes? I have two views on the Wulven: one is a tribal/shamanistic warrior society and the other one is more in line to how the Werewolves were portrayed in White Wolf's Werewolf: the Apocalypse and Vampire: The Masquerade paper RPGs (see Gangrel clan). This is my first concern before we start talking about how to design their allies and abilities.
    In game name: Plague12
    "...I don't lecture, I don't rap, I'm no bureaucrat; I'm just a guy out of nowhere came to be involved in something five-hundreds times bigger than you and me." - Nines Rodriguez, Anarch

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I agree, but first we need to define what Wulven as a race are: rogues, hunters, warriors or a combination of these classes? I have two views on the Wulven: one is a tribal/shamanistic warrior society and the other one is more in line to how the Werewolves were portrayed in White Wolf's Werewolf: the Apocalypse and Vampire: The Masquerade paper RPGs (see Gangrel clan). This is my first concern before we start talking about how to design their allies and abilities.
    Both Wulven and Elemental are Priest/Rogue in their abilities, for the most part. With Wulven taking the combat elements (generally) and Elementals taking the control elements (generally).
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, since they are Rogues how about we replace the Wulven Tracker with this:
    Card Name: Wulven Stalker
    Card Cost: 4
    Attack/Health: 2/5
    Effect: Select an enemy ally: if the Wulven Hunter does not attack an enemy ally or hero by the start of your next turn, destroy the selected ally.

The one turn needed to destroy his target can be explained that he needs time to study his mark before he destroys it. The only question is: can his ability be used multiple times, if yes, then what would its cost be?
    "...I don't lecture, I don't rap, I'm no bureaucrat; I'm just a guy out of nowhere came to be involved in something five-hundreds times bigger than you and me." - Nines Rodriguez, Anarch

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Devour essence replicates elemental abilities, and wolf empathy replicates gravebone and elemental abilities. I'd rather see Wulven be unique.

+1 to Plague of Lycanthropy- I want to see a way for wulven to destroy their own allies- it allows you to switch in and out of "lone wolf" mode at your own control (I've said this in at least two other threads now, but I'm going to keep saying it till someone listens). Such an ability is consistent with a wulven mentality, sacrafice your own for the greater good. Having said that, destroying all enemy allies is OP. I'd be happy with exhausting all enemy allies for a turn, or giving all of your allies stealth or ambush for a turn (have to have a different name then, like Wulven cannibalism or wulven feast).

I like the wolven spellbreaker and packmaster ability, and I like the Call of the pack- especially if they stack with other cards like pack wolf. I don't like their cost though or the cost of most of your allies though- if wolven have a pack mentality, then they should have many low cost, low health allies that can synergize successfully with each other when in play at the same time in the right combination. Besides, if they want high cost, beefy allies, they'll have plenty of shadow allies to choose from, in the new update. So I'd suggest adjusting:

Card Name: Wulven Spellbreaker
    Card Cost: 3
    Attack/Health: 1/4
    Effect: As long as Wulven Spellbreaker is on the field, enemy spells and ability cards cost 1 more resource to play.

Card Name: Wulven Packmaster
    Card Cost: 4
    Attack/Health: 2/5
    Effect: Wulven allies cost 1 less resource to play and have haste.

Additional comments- I don't like your version of Wulven stalker, and I do like the version of wulven stalker being released (if it had cost 3 and health 1/4- no need for high health if its a card draw mechanism). I'd also suggest the following card.

Wulven runt
    cost: 2
    health: 2/1
    Text: The little ones hide amongst the big ones...
    Ability: if there is another wolf ally in play, wulven runt has ambush and stealth.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, since Calmdown said Wulven are Rogues/Priests Devour Essence could be made to work. I originally wanted to name it cannibalism but it may be a bit too much for some of the squeamish users Anyway, looking at the human rogues who also have some really good cards, I wanted to do something different and unique for the Wulven and lately I've been toying with the idea of adding secondary effects to their cards. So, if one card is in effect the other get empowered or their effects change (see my post above for the captured prey and devour essence combo). As for Wulven Tracker, or any ally for that matter, I always first consider how long an ally can survive on the field and then build my deck accordingly. As it stands now, Wulven Tracker in his current form is not a particularly good draw engine for Wulven and that's the truth. The only time you can make him work is in a Moonstalker deck and only if you spam his ability 4 or 5 consecutive turns, and he is still vulnerable to abilities and spells. If there was a cheap Wulven card that would give all your Wulven allies the ability that they can't be targeted, or to give them +1/+1 or even a Wulven protector then Wulven Tracker could be made to work.

I like your idea for the low cost allies, and when you said they should synergyze together because of the pack mentality, that's precisely the idea I had for adding secondary effects to Wulven cards, so I think Wulven cards could be redesigned in a way where they have a small effect which lasts only a short time, but when combined with another card that effect and duration completely changes.
    Last edited by Plague; 07-29-2011 at 07:57 AM. Reason: typo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Title: Infection Cost: 4 Card Type : Wulven Ability Effect: Ongoing - Equip to Big Teeth ... When your hero does damage to an enemy ally it is infected and will become a friendly ally at the next full moon..... Flavor Text : We are Legion or One of US

The alley still functions as normal until it dies or you play full moon...combo effect

Insinuating that when we play "FULL MOON" a card already in the game we get control of the monster or monsters.. A play on the whole werewolf bite you turn into one myth...

Title: Wolf Pack Cost: 6-8 Card Type: Wulven Ability Effect: One time -- Summon all Pack Wolf from deck, hand and grave yard to the field and they can attack immediately. When your turn ends they are destroyed. .. an added effect to make it less OP is to make it so they can't attack the HERO unless there are no allies on his side..
    Last edited by Real KOAK; 07-30-2011 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Saw a flaw in orignal text that made card OP had to fix it to balance game

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I thought I'd resurrect this thread and, taking into account all the suggestion people have made concerning my ideas for Wulven cards, change some of the cards in the first post. I've changed some cards following kamman's suggestions and I've also added two more cards: Werewolf's Bite and Protect the Pack!. As always, suggestions for how to make these ideas even better are welcome.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Seem to be all fair cards except Wulven Destroyer. Same cost as Blake and same stats BEFORE his nerf plus a killer ability.

Imo it would be fine as a cost 4. Yes that's a high cost, but if you can protect it with a protector which shadow will surely have in the future, it still kills weapons and armors very easily.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How about a lone wolf enabler, that rather than destroying your own allies, removes them from the field for a turn (they wouldn't go into your hand or graveyard-- just disappear--maybe turn face down)? It would fit into a pack-tactics theme, and would have a different flavor from Elemental decks.