Close

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphos View Post
    There are cards that i'm missing on that list though, namely Dirk, Aimed Shot and Careful Planning. There are weak cards that can still fill a niche and that i won't comment on and also stuff like Nova Infusion which serves a purpose but is just not needed yet, but the 3 i mentioned are the currently most horribly underperforming imo. Careful Planning potentially falls into the same category as Nova Infusion, as there could be cards later that only do something when a certain other card is on top of your deck, but i doubt it will happen. Dirk and Aimed Shot in their current condition i can't see going anywhere, but if you disagree on that then i'd like to hear your reasoning.
    There are also HBM and Sandra.
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    Captured Prey is fine as is. The reason it has no timer is because Wulven has no real way to reclaim board control without it. Mages have burn and nova. Priests have ice storm and tidal wave. Elementals have mind control and discharge. Warriors have shield bash and crippling blow. Rogues have assassinate. Wulven have NYM and Captured Prey. ( Rabid Bite is way to unreliable now )
    I note the lack of mention of hunters. Can hunters then be given cards for better board control, pretty pls?
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post
    I note the lack of mention of hunters. Can hunters then be given cards for better board control, pretty pls?
    Hunters have some of the best early board control in the game. 2 for 2 pseudo-nukes are pretty amazing. 2 for 2 nukes that also continue to do 2 damage, are even more amazing.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Scion View Post
    There are also HBM and Sandra.
    I too find them weak alright, but they have their situations where they can be a good play even in their current crippled state. I didn't want to ask for a buff to every card that is just very situational or else we could go on mentioning net trap, what have you, extra sharp, rampage. assassin training, special delivery, etc. The 3 i mentioned previously are below "rarely useful" by a margin - i find that there's never a position where you couldn't have made a better play than them.
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hunters don't need no boosting.

Damn bows... everyone wants their hero OP so they can steamroll everyone. ARGH
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^ I'm not even playing hunters other than Banebow who relies on allies mostly. I've just pointed at cards that i find utterly worthless ... is it just me or are you present in every other thread yelling "OP!OP!"
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphos View Post
    ^ I'm not even playing hunters other than Banebow who relies on allies mostly. I've just pointed at cards that i find utterly worthless ... is it just me or are you present in every other thread yelling "OP!OP!"
    It's just you. I'm annoyed at the constant barrage of OP card suggestions from players.

Oh. My. God.

I'm turning into PPP.

SOMEONE GIVE ME AN ANTIDOTE, ASAP
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GS693 View Post
    It's just you. I'm annoyed at the constant barrage of OP card suggestions from players.

Oh. My. God.

I'm turning into PPP.

SOMEONE GIVE ME AN ANTIDOTE, ASAP
    As long as you don't have urges to become a woman you're fine.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    As long as you don't have urges to become a woman you're fine.
    Hopefully if you still need a hug I can do it in a manly way. Maybe put on a spiky vest or something?
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GS693 View Post
    Hopefully if you still need a hug I can do it in a manly way. Maybe put on a spiky vest or something?
    Aww. You really know how to make a guy feel loved, PPP. Oops..