Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Any Evo 3D / Android support coming?

Love the game on the PC but the app simply does not work on the Evo 3D. I am not sure if this is an android fragmentation thing, but i have the current version 1.264 on my android phone and the game locks up every single time in the "world" screen. Sometimes you can press the jewel to bring down the menu but it still locks immedietely. Is there any word on when this will be fixed and addressed?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "Soon".

In general, because of a couple things, the Android Market doesn't give enough incentives(read as "money") for them to give the same amount of attention as iOS versions of their app.

This particular issue, at least in part, is a problem with Gingerbread and since this is a major version of Android, they should be working to try and get this fixed as soon as they can.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I suspect I'm not adding much to the discussion, but though I'd say the game works great on my HTC Flyer tablet.

The only reason I mention this is that I think the Flyer and Evo 3D are at the same Gingerbread version. Also, they both have Sense, though in somewhat different flavors.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No, that does help actually. v1.27 should be more compatible with Gingerbread so if the Evo 3D is still problematic, it could be the HTC Sense version that it uses.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This will not be of any help as I have no advice on the matter (I wish I did!)but the game runs very smoothly on my Evo 4G. Are the two running different Android versions currently? If so suppose I'll wait to upgrade...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    HTC sense is absolute garbage for this exact reason.

Even though the Evo, View, and Flyer all run on the same version of android (as does my Samsung Epic with an unreleased 2.3 ROM), the 3D has a different version of Sense UI causing TONS of great apps not to work. My advise? Root it. If you need a link to the best development community for Android PM me.

Unless AnAdolt is alright with me posting said link.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Jailbreaking is legal in the US so I think rooting your device on Android amounts to the same. I got my first Android device about a month ago so I haven't looked into rooting much. For now, I guess we'll just keep it to PM to be safe.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    Jailbreaking is legal in the US so I think rooting your device on Android amounts to the same. I got my first Android device about a month ago so I haven't looked into rooting much. For now, I guess we'll just keep it to PM to be safe.
    Negatory.

FCC ruled that manipulation of device software and hardware is NOT illegal. It Voids warranties and repair claims, but it is NOT illegal in the United States (I work for a major US Carrier). Jailbreak and Root are completely legal. Now, using these to violate copyright laws IS illegal (free apps, music, etc.). Distributing ROMs with proprietary information IS illegal (Google Cynogen Cease and Desist). But the act itself is not

Note: Before anyone brings up the PS3 argument. Geohot DISTRIBUTED a file which allowed the violation of security protocols on the PS3 for the express purpose of allowing "illegal" actions to be performed as part of a personal vendetta against Sony. Removing Sense UI will not get you arrested :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I do recall reading on an Android development site that rooting your device is against their EULA or something to that effect and voids your warranty but you can safely reverse the root with some process the writer described. I've never felt a need to on the Evo 4G but should OP (or anyone) decide to root an Evo 3D to play SE please let us know how it turns out!
    Last edited by Just4theLulz; 08-05-2011 at 05:26 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NachyoChez View Post
    Negatory.

FCC ruled that manipulation of device software and hardware is NOT illegal.
    Note that AnAdolt said it was 'legal', not 'illegal'.