Close

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very exciting cards!
    I'm curious to see if the low cost allies will change the importance of first turn in the game.

The Oracle + Elemental combo is fun, and you can even add the Rosecult sister to take it back. ^^

The wulfen card is not good for now. I hope you planned to add more affected allies in the future.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Honestly, Pack Alpha should be an ally. Hands down. If it gets turned into a War banner that's just crap. We already have Full Moon.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just don't know if Carniboar is a good card or not. It seems awesome for the first player, mainly because no 1 cost ally (that will be more popular now) can survive his attack, transforming him in a 3/3 ally that will be hard to stop (only with DD, retreat, crippling blow, captured prey, etc)
    But he will almost never survive when played by the second player or after the third turn (unless you have board control)
    Why won't you run into rain and pray?
    Let the tears splash all over you...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow! That's good! Can't wait to try them! =D

Human Ally:

Lily Rosecult seems really good in the right deck. A good ally with a nice body (i'm talking about stats!), that take back the last item in the garbage and none the less take the role as 4 resources card (Sandra, i'm sorry but you're not going in any deck soon =P)

Krystoffer Wild is the first human aggressive drop at 1! Well, not so impressive to say the least... not too much useful against enemy heroes, it can beat down a fire snake or belladonna, not much more. Sure, now human have an option for turn 1 drop for aggro deck!

Birgitte Skullborn, i realy love you! *w*
    - Low resources: check
    - Decent body/cost: check
    - Good interaction with other allies: check
    I'm eager to play with her (stop misunderstanding me!)

Armored Sandworm is surely HARD to kill with damage dealing cards (Jericho makes him even more difficult to deal with). An high cost creature able to stand against a lot of damage, not much to say about him.

Marshaland Sentinel effect is permanent? If so he's a really good control card, obviously perfect against graveborn. Low attack but enough life to manage most direct damage spells or enemy allies.

Tainted Oracle would be insane with graveborn or elementalis, but he's human side ally. Good for countering mass removals, is body is pretty low for the cost. I can hear him asking to be broken, but maybe i'm wrong.

Earthen protector is another answer against mass removal, not giving the lead against tidal wave+ally. High attack for his cost, if the ability is mandatory i can see him only in decks with though ally.

Hellsteed is lonely. He want to a friend! Cheer up guys, you're brutalis will be able to punish puwen! Though i would not play him as first drop, unless i have another one in first hand.

Dark flyer is really good! Beat for 2, helps friends to stay in the game. Sure, his life is low, but still for 2 resources is amazing.

Death Mage is... i don't know. I can't really imagine it surviving one turn in the battlefield. Maybe with Dark flyer in play... i'm not a fun of this guy.

Carniboar reward you for board controlling! Really good 2 resources drop, can grow up a lot. And the body is on par even without the ability!

Shadow knight obviously recall to mind Lily Rosecult. Really high attack, i can sorta see a deck with 4 of them and recalling from the grave the dead ones with new ones. Not enough life to deal with Nishaven ability or supernova, but his ability can help against those. CA, we love you!

Brutal minotaur is brutal!the drawback is pretty minor, the life high is good and attack insane! I don't want to see him coming out from a portal for sure. Aeon and Armored Sandworm are the only allies that survive a swing from this guy if i'm right. I hope to have solution in hand each time i have to deal with him!

Wulven card:

Pack Alpha is not so good. A war banner for hairy allies, nothing to fear too much.

I like more human allies, but shadow have some that can be really nasty. Good deck building to all!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Let's keep the comments generalized and not discuss individual cards here in this one thread too much. There should/will be special threads for each card for discussion.

For the new Wulven card, remember that Wulven is a race of wolf-like creatures that includes the se049 Bad Wolf ally. Plus perhaps in the future you will see more...

A few cards posted were incorrect and need to be fixed.
    Artist: "What's 'Defender'?"
    Kyle: "I don't know, I think he meant 'Protector'"
    Calmdown, 5 hrs later: "Defender is a new ability that enables allies to strike first when defending"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    hmmm, like the defender thing

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Let's keep the comments generalized and not discuss individual cards here in this one thread too much. There should/will be special threads for each card for discussion."
    Sorry, my fault xP

Well, i like how shadow allies tend to be aggressive and human ones lean more to a defensive strategy. I hope that more ally focused decks will raise after new cards release, i'd like more combat interactions during games. Somewhat i fear that class without mass removals will be have some problems dealing with newcomers tough... I'm the only one to see that?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    There should/will be special threads for each card for discussion.
    Done boss

put them in the discussions forum, because they're here in only 4 days.... or should I have put them in the upcoming... oh dear....

:EDIT:
    Changed my mind and put them in the upcoming forum... Obvious really.

:EDIT 2:
    I have no idea what to do with the new card threads (that have now been designed).... I'm going to leave them for someone else to deal with.

:EDIT 3:
    Yeah I know.... I've locked them all and linked them to the new "finished" cards. (Notice the "s).
    Last edited by MattOG; 07-26-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can post, and now I dont need to because we're going to discuss cards elsewhere!

Artist: "What's 'Defender'?"
    Kyle: "I don't know, I think he meant 'Protector'"
    Calmdown, 5 hrs later: "Defender is a new ability that enables allies to strike first when defending"
    Hey, at least I didnt ban all my moderators from posting in the Dev Blog forum...
    Last edited by Calmdown; 07-26-2011 at 10:39 AM.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calmdown View Post
    i can post, and now i dont need to because we're going to discuss cards elsewhere!

Hey, at least i didnt ban all my moderators from posting in the dev blog forum...
    lol