Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

1.26 Boris "Meatshield"

Well I've had a few people ask lately for a look at my Boris build. I was going to wait till after the Titan tournament ended but I'm afraid our fearless organizer had collected our entry fees and disappeared.

All criticism is welcome but keep in mind I've had alot of success with this build and it is quite tuned. A litle heads up, this is not the easiest Boris deck to play. once you get the hang of it though I see no reason why it can't reach 250/260+. Unfortunately I tend to keep switching up heroes and try new strats with the same account so I'm sitting around 248 currently.

Here's the list, 32 card total

1 Boris

3 puwen
    3 jasmine
    3 aldon
    2 raven
    2 aeon

1 valiant defender
    2 smashing blow
    1 enrage
    4 blood frenzy
    3 retreat
    1 special delivery
    2 bazaar (for Jericho)

1 snow sapphire
    1 the kings pride
    2 jewelers dream

A few things that tend to jump out right away.
    - a number of single copy cards. This deck has many different answers to many of the common problems so rather than relying on the one card that can help me instead I try to keep a certain amount of 'control' cards in the deck and dont worry too much on having 4x of a certain card. for this reason you may feel it plays a bit like a "rolling pin" style. (See MattOG's sig if your unfamiliar with it)

- special delivery. Haha yes it's in there alright and it's not coming out. Period. The good, this card has alot of utility, i prefer it over shield bash because it can damage the hero. It can help a puwen take behemoth down. And most importantly it's unexpected, because of course who the hell would have a special delivery in a Boris deck. My favorite thing to do with this card lately is use it as the killing blow vs all the majiyas when they think theyll win on their next turn. It's a taste of their own burn medicine. The bad, this card is not resource effective, thankfully Jewelers dream can help you out with this.

- the 2 bazaar, these are exclusively for playing Jericho.

This deck plays really well against maj and Gwen. The most important thing is knowing what to sac as usual. Jericho is definitely beatable but is probably the toughest matchup if they know how to play him well. The deck is also designed with starting second, Blake is way too squishy and puwen almost always does more damage over the length of a match.

So there it is, tear into it all you want. If your looking for strategy vs a specific hero let me know.
    Basheer - A1's Meatshield
    Member of the A1 alliance - luck is for the meek
    1.23 - 1.27 Boris

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Man, I did not expect that you would share this gem with everyone!

Anyways, to all reading, this is one hell of a deck to master. It takes some time and lotsa games to figure it out.

The synergy is darn good.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I know this special delivery from somewhere..........k......k.......ken........kentu equi!!!!!
    1 option is to replace ss with kings pride, it will also prevent you from 8 damage per turn. Just saying. If i would play, i would run 1/1 like you but some ppl prefer that.
    BACK (well, i try )
    Overlord of Darkness

A1:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....e-Padawan-Pete

Marksmen:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....nters-Marksmen

Ingame-Names: CHILLABREAKA = test account and CHLBRK = rating account

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck!! will try it out soon:P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Nice deck Bashere...

I may become a Boris convert...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    tried the deck out in a few games it works amazingly really really good synergy