Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

"Invaders must die"

I got tired of using my 32 card lance deck so i decided to make a 40 card one

here it is:

1x Lance Shadowstalker

3x puwen bloodhelm
    4x blake windrunner
    4x raven wildheart
    3x aldon the brave
    3x aeon stormcaller

16 allies

3x assassination
    4x recon
    3x stop theif
    2x IGG
    2x mugged!
    2x retreat
    4x bad santa

weapon?

2x throwing knife

Reasoning?

Retreat: having just two of these can have a major effect on how well you control the board. Even in a lance deck it is quite helpful because you can 'waste' their turn by retreating an aeon or something

throwing knife: after seeing kentuequi beat by a rogue had finally seen the importance of throwing knife. an aldon + blake + throwing knife is powerful ally control. and once you have that, recon makes killing raven easy. i normally dont use this ln heros, just for ally control but sometimes there are exceptions.

IGG: i used to think that this card was a complete waste of time, however im going to give it a try (ive only played 3 games with this deck and had to sac them every time cause vs. mage) having just 2 helps ensure that i do not get it in early game and can use it when i have the resources.

mugged!: having anymore than 2 of these is always a pain. i find myself sacing them early a lot and trying to save them rather than get allies on the board

i dont think that the rest need any explanation.

what do you guys think?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For each of the 4 cards you mention reasoning for you only have 2 of them. I think you'd be much better off cutting 2 of them, and going 4 each of the remaining. Blake & aldon will kill a raven without needing a throwing knife, did you mean Aeon? If you do want the blake, aldon, throwing knife combo, then that is one card to keep 4 of.

I'd suggest adding a 4th assassination, the card is that good. IGG is costly and will get destroyed, good players will ignore the knifes and save the item destruction for the IGG.

I'd say go with 4 retreats, 3 mugged, and 1 more assassination and drop the knives and IGG. If you do want the knives, I'd do 4 knives, 3 retreats and 1 more assassination.
    Hatts - A1's Mad Hatter - A1 alliance - Evolution in Theory.
    Regularly idling on the #shadowera IRC channel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    turn 2 your lay down blake
    turn 3 you lay down aldon
    turn 4 you lay down throwng knife
    turn 5 opponent lays down raven
    turn 5 you play recon, thow knife at raven, finish with blake (5 dmg now) and do 4 damage to opponent with aldon.

by simply using blake + aldon you can kill raven but you will not do any damage to your opponent in the process. also, you would have to use your shadow energy, a resource that you can save by using the combo above. (unless you know your opponent is going to use a weapon)

as for the other cards, ive used this amount in previous decks and they work just fine. i just havent tested IGG at all yet. 2 knives does seem too minimal, i may add 3 but 4 would be too much imo. ill have to do more testing to be sure

i only have 3 assassinations because i added 2 retreats, so there's 5 board control cards.

i may take the IGG out after more testing

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When you start and drop igg turn 5, it will be hard to come back for your opp. I play 3 of them.

I'm building mine right now. No knife, no mugged, no retreat so far. But I have no certitude yet. And it's a 30 cards one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Brontos View Post
    When you start and drop igg turn 5, it will be hard to come back for your opp. I play 3 of them.

I'm building mine right now. No knife, no mugged, no retreat so far. But I have no certitude yet. And it's a 30 cards one.
    ive found that its nearly impossible to play competitive with a lance 40 card deck. and its still a hard task yet to play a 30 card one, he just doesnt have good draw.
    im taking a break from rogue right now. he can be frustrating

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Would you try mine and give me your feelings? I beleive It is a correct 30 Lance deck.
    (I just lost to your Lance 3 minutes ago ^^)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Brontos View Post
    Would you try mine and give me your feelings? I beleive It is a correct 30 Lance deck.
    (I just lost to your Lance 3 minutes ago ^^)
    yes good game!
    after i wrote that i decided to try a different strategy.
    ive now implemented lay low into my deck :P
    mine seems to be working OK right now. ill have to use it and see if i can tweak it

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lay low? What for?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it's nice to save your allies for a turn while on the next you can either assassinate the opponent ally or lay an aeon down at the end to cover your allies.

if i have lay low and no aeon i hopefully have a bad santa to draw an aeon for my next turn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have JUST discovered and realized that the common problem with Lance is that most players try to fit the Blake + Aldon combo into it. From playing, i can immediately tell that it does not work against good players and will surely fail if going 2nd. Lance is highly dependent on allies to control the board and this combo is inferior.

I THINK i have just given the biggest clue/secret to make Lance more successful