Close

Page 70 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    Why do you keep on whinin about it? Rogues have the same problem. Jericho is auto lose vs 30c majiya's. And Warriors have no draw engine vs Jericho.

Hunters have auto lose vs Snow Sapphire. So I really don't see your point. You want an overpowered Wulven with no bad matchups at all.
    You completely misunderstand my position as always. It is true I am concerned for Wulven heroes. The others have people already rallying for them so let them worry about it. It is a fact Wulven are the most underpowered. I simply want to prevent an auto loss against mage decks. I like being the underdog. If the class was overpowered it would no longer be fun to play and I would move on to another hero.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dec_it View Post
    From the day i included Pack alpha in my deck used it only once and it was in vain. And saw it used once. Also in vain.

How much times did you seen PA being used?
    Agreed. It is difficult to even keep a wulven ally alive long enough to play it on as Pack Wolf and Bad Wolf are usually dispensed with pretty quick. I'm currently testing it again, trying to give it a chance. If you can get board control against a warrior it can be useful, but this is a rare occasion. A 3 cost or maybe 4 cost is not the solution though. Maybe if it read lose some life (like 5 hp) and play it from your hand or something it could be a nasty surprise. I'll let Plague and you worry about trying to convince Calmdown lol!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulven_funeral View Post
    Agreed. It is difficult to even keep a wulven ally alive long enough to play it on as Pack Wolf and Bad Wolf are usually dispensed with pretty quick. I'm currently testing it again, trying to give it a chance. If you can get board control against a warrior it can be useful, but this is a rare occasion. A 3 cost or maybe 4 cost is not the solution though. Maybe if it read lose some life (like 5 hp) and play it from your hand or something it could be a nasty surprise. I'll let Plague and you worry about trying to convince Calmdown lol!
    If I manage that feat I'll probably unlock an epic achievement: "Persuade Calmdown to change a Wulven card for the better" Wonder how many points that's worth In all seriousness, there's probably 5% chance he'll change the card for the better. He (stubbornly) believes the card is good while all the data points otherwise. Oh well, I'll make do with what I have available at the moment like I always do, but it would be nice to test out a Pack Alpha that costs 3 resources on the test server.
    In game name: Plague12
    "...I don't lecture, I don't rap, I'm no bureaucrat; I'm just a guy out of nowhere came to be involved in something five-hundreds times bigger than you and me." - Nines Rodriguez, Anarch

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    Edit: Current Hero Design Iteration

Victor Heartstriker: Undecided

Eladwen Frostmire: 4SE: Deal 4 damage to target ally or hero.
    I liked the proposed changes to Victor and Eladwen (respectively, reduce one ally to 1HP, return top hunter ability; and freeze two target allies for two turns). I am sad they are not reflected in the OP. They're good changes.
    I just read seventy pages of discussion, so forgive my not seeking out the exact quotes...

Also, as for pack alpha, no card can be judged on its own merit yet. The whole set has yet to be released, much less finalized. Let the remaining Wulven cards be released before crying foul. I say the same to any other champions of the perceived to be UP cards. And I point to Jericho as my counter argument. He used to be unusable, now he is top tier, all because of new cards being added to the pool, NOT because he was fundamentally changed. Indeed, environment makes cards shine or pale. Or in the case of Wulven, howl or whimper. Let the new environment come. Every dog has its day.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kamman13 View Post
    For Logan's ability- allies he does damage to are destroyed. Does this effect only occur when he uses his ability, and is it only in effect for one turn like the other part of his ability? If so, the text should probably be altered slightly.
    My question got lost in the wulven argument- Here is Logans description:

Logan Stonebreaker: 3SE: Your weapons gain +1 attack until the start of your next turn. Any ally dealt damage by your weapons is destroyed.

Does that ally autokill only take effect after you use Logan's ability? And does it only last for one turn?

My thoughts and ramblings:
    The art of death racing
    Hitting em with all you got
    In defense of bazaar
    Card draw engines and card draw advantage
    Damage Strategies in SE

A1's resident Mathemalogian
    A1 : Evolution in Theory.
    Member of the PFG, and guest article writer for GDC's website

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh, and I'll also add because it came up- I really like the change to Eladwen's ability, free fireball every four turns. But I think in a 30 card min game, her new ability will become OP, so I also welcome a change. In a 40-card minimum game, I see no reason for a change. If this has already been discussed, my apologies, I don't have the stamina to read through 70 pages of posts right now.

My thoughts and ramblings:
    The art of death racing
    Hitting em with all you got
    In defense of bazaar
    Card draw engines and card draw advantage
    Damage Strategies in SE

A1's resident Mathemalogian
    A1 : Evolution in Theory.
    Member of the PFG, and guest article writer for GDC's website

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Logan Stonebreaker: 3SE: Your weapons gain +1 attack until the start of your next turn. Any ally dealt damage by your weapons is destroyed.

Does that ally autokill only take effect after you use Logan's ability? And does it only last for one turn?
    I don't think there are any other active abilities, pre-change or post-, that persist after the turn that the ability was activated. I think it's implied that the autokill only lasts one turn, after using the ability. So you either deal an extra point of damage to the hero, or you kill an ally. The only way you might benefit from both is when attacking an ally that has armor or stoneskin or something. If the autokill persisted, that would be like a passive ability, and they're trying to move away from that.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My question got lost in the wulven argument- Here is Logans description:

Yes and as the text states, until the start of your next turn. Also, in case if you're interested, if you use it and attack an ally, it will not instantly die. If it survives, it will still deal defending damage when possible and THEN die from the effect.

Oh, and I'll also add because it came up- I really like the change to Eladwen's ability, free fireball every four turns. But I think in a 30 card min game, her new ability will become OP, so I also welcome a change. In a 40-card minimum game, I see no reason for a change. If this has already been discussed, my apologies, I don't have the stamina to read through 70 pages of posts right now.
    I'm in consensus with you here. I played Eladwen very frequently during 1.26 and it was really disheartening facing weapon-based or allyless decks which her ability had little to no use for.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't understand Logan's ability. Why give +1 dmg? Just for Gargoyle/Sandworm (??)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also makes his ability useful against Heroes