Close

Page 69 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I disagree. Having reduced effectiveness against some heroes creates some fluid meta, eliminating effectiveness against heroes does not.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulven_funeral View Post
    Then what would be the point in using Moonstalker if you are going to lose against mages? At least right now you can mill them with his ability, a decent draw and some luck.
    Why do you keep on whinin about it? Rogues have the same problem. Jericho is auto lose vs 30c majiya's. And Warriors have no draw engine vs Jericho.

Hunters have auto lose vs Snow Sapphire. So I really don't see your point. You want an overpowered Wulven with no bad matchups at all.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    You want an overpowered Wulven with no bad matchups at all.
    This is what most of them want
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    Yeah youre right. Most of the players want their hero OP.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    Says the person who thinks Pack Alpha is a good card. Nuff' said...I for one, don't want them to be OP and I've relaxed my stance on some issues concerning Wulven and their cards but there are some issues, like the Pack Alpha card, where I won't back down until the card is either completely changed or its cost reduced to 3. As for any other issues concerning Wulven I'm always open to suggestions and try to listen to what people have to say about proposed Wulven cards or changes as much as possible.
    In game name: Plague12
    "...I don't lecture, I don't rap, I'm no bureaucrat; I'm just a guy out of nowhere came to be involved in something five-hundreds times bigger than you and me." - Nines Rodriguez, Anarch

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Says the person who thinks Pack Alpha is a good card. Nuff' said...I for one, don't want them to be OP and I've relaxed my stance on some issues concerning Wulven and their cards but there are some issues, like the Pack Alpha card, where I won't back down until the card is either completely changed or its cost reduced to 3. As for any other issues concerning Wulven I'm always open to suggestions and try to listen to what people have to say about proposed Wulven cards or changes as much as possible.
    Seriously? A reduced cost of 3 is way too cheap. Priests have to cast Inner Strength for the same amount and it only boosts attack by 2.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by asianskunk5 View Post
    Seriously? A reduced cost of 3 is way too cheap. Priests have to cast Inner Strength for the same amount and it only boosts attack by 2.
    And inner str is also a bad card.
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Pack Alpha is a common card. If it weren't for Wulven and if it were released from the start game you wouldn't be talking now about it. It's been discussed because Wulven were the underdog till now and because it was designed nowadays it's being bashed. In fact it's a good card if you compare it to other commons.

Compare it to Clinging Webs, Aimed Shot, Careful Planing, Tracking even war banner and suddenly you realize it's better than most of these.
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Scion View Post
    Pack Alpha is a common card. If it weren't for Wulven and if it were released from the start game you wouldn't be talking now about it. It's been discussed because Wulven were the underdog till now and because it was designed nowadays it's being bashed. In fact it's a good card if you compare it to other commons.

Compare it to Clinging Webs, Aimed Shot, Careful Planing, Tracking even war banner and suddenly you realize it's better than most of these.
    Seriously, that argument again? Why don't you compare it with Life Infusion or did that card get sucked into a black hole and cease to exist? Excluding War Banner only Inner Strength and Life Infusion grant attack or health bonuses to an ally. Comparing Pack Alpha to these two cards it costs 5 resources compared to inner Strength (3 resources) and Life Infusion (2 resources), can be cast on a limited number of allies instead of any ally like Inner Strength or Life infusion, and has a secondary effect while the two mentioned cards have none. With all said and done, does Pack Alpha warrant a 5 resource cost? In my opinion, after testing it on the test server, no, it does not.

I wrote this already in the Pack Alpha section but I'll repeat it here: if we look at how the combo would shape up if the current card costs stay the same and if we add Wulven Tracker to the mix, it would go something like this: T2 - Pack Wolf, T3 - Bad Wolf, T4 - Wulven Tracker, T5 - Pack Alpha. This entire scenario hinges on whether your allies would live to see turn 5. Barring this, in the cheapest scenario you would have to spend 8 resources to get a 5/6 ally and for that cost you'd expect an epic ally that can breathe fire and eat all the other allies for breakfast (Ogloth). So, for starters I propose that Pack Alpha be reduced to 3, secondary effect be removed and the granted bonuses be lowered to +2/+2 and go from there. The other scenario would be to replace the current secondary effect with an effect where the Pack Alpha goes to your hand instead of going to the graveyard if the ally under its effect is targeted by a spell or ability.
    Last edited by Plague; 09-20-2011 at 01:41 PM. Reason: typo
    In game name: Plague12
    "...I don't lecture, I don't rap, I'm no bureaucrat; I'm just a guy out of nowhere came to be involved in something five-hundreds times bigger than you and me." - Nines Rodriguez, Anarch

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    From the day i included Pack alpha in my deck used it only once and it was in vain. And saw it used once. Also in vain.

How much times did you seen PA being used?