Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

arebelspy SE Commentary #2 - Why Portal is Good

Click here for the main thread discussing my commentaries: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....Thread&p=76344

This is arebelspy SE Commentary #2 - Why Portal is good

This video was slightly over the YouTube 15 minute limit, so it's split into two parts
    Video link part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqW6hKam2y4
    Video link part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6gg5BTN8XY

This commentary features a discussion on why the card "Portal" is good.

In this game, my opponent starts with fast tempo with an early Puwen, then rapidly gets out double Raven to have huge board control. I show how Portal can be used to take back that advantage and come back from behind.

Had some computer issues when recording this, so it lags a bit and it stops and starts a few times, sorry. It's not you, baby, it's me.

Please leave any specific comments to the video in this thread, any generic comments on my commentating or commentary requests in the main thread linked above.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    @arebelspy - You've convinced me to trade out my Novas for Portals in my Mage deck. Cool videos. I love the comeback in the Plague video also.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Cat View Post
    @arebelspy - You've convinced me to trade out my Novas for Portals in my Mage deck. Cool videos. I love the comeback in the Plague video also.
    Thanks!

I have another good comeback video uploading for commentary 3, but 4 (not yet casted, but game already played) will be a little different. Come from behind victories are a little more exciting, I think, then when you just roll you opponent. They also offer a bit more in terms of looking at strategy of making good plays.

I do think you should leave at least one supernova in, it's a good "oh *" card when you need to clear the board quick (notice I did play one to clear that 3rd raven). I run 2 in my 40 card mage decks, a 30 card deck probably should still squeeze one nova in. But 2x portal is well worth playing in a mage deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think you still want a couple of nova's in your deck, portal doesn't replace it entirely.
    Hatts - A1's Mad Hatter - A1 alliance - Evolution in Theory.
    Regularly idling on the #shadowera IRC channel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatts View Post
    I think you still want a couple of nova's in your deck, portal doesn't replace it entirely.
    I find myself agreeing with much of what you have to say lately. That, sir, makes you a smart man.

Or makes us both equally dumb.

Whichever.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice video, the only flaw in this case is that you are playing with Majiya, and almost any card can be good when you use her :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    Nice video, the only flaw in this case is that you are playing with Majiya, and almost any card can be good when you use her :P
    Hah! I knew I'd get some flak for that!

I'll probably be using her more for commentaries featuring individual cards, simply because she makes it easier to get to them and use them.

I use portal in GBone and Elad, but Majiya was a good way to showcase it.

Well I do have the Boris (commentary #1) up, and while commentary 3 (uploading now) is Majiya also, commentary 4 (recorded but not encoded) isn't. I'll make sure to do some non-Majina commentaries for sure.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What do you think of Brutalis in Majiya? Worthwhile or not? Also, how many researchs would you play in 30 card Majiya?
    Don't follow the herd...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasst View Post
    What do you think of Brutalis in Majiya? Worthwhile or not? Also, how many researchs would you play in 30 card Majiya?
    No researches. 4x web spell. 4x brut.

It's weird, you're following the herd but your sig says don't... make up your mind!
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You're trolling too much lately. Also, last 7 games I played had no Majiyas... She's not as overused as everyone thinks, she's just OP. =P

EDIT: (This is an answer to GS693)
    Don't follow the herd...