Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I had some well experiences with an integrated Portal in my deck. Loved that game against a 212 Zhanna (Anusu), where I've got early board control and had out Portal in turn 6. The poor guy run full 4 tidal waves always cleaning up 2-3 of my allies, just for let me cast new ones directly attacking him. Furthermore with the additional burn of a mage the only thing he has done was healing himself and playing destroying arms to eliminate Research...

On the other hand I've lost a game against a just burning Majiya quickly. The only ally he was playin was a snake on turn 2.
    He burned down all of my allies out there and send a Voice of Winter in turn 5 to the battleground. After that I was really like freezed, seeing no more chance to win. I had a good draw in that game having out Research and good combination of allies and burns. But he had Research too and just more burn spells (got a hit only to Elad by Arcane Burst, too). Due to Majiya's ability he got the needed burn spells quicker. What I see there was that without getting any ally out, the deck had no chance to win. I've tried between to bring one Raven but it was burned before unfreezing.
    I have one general question: I think this won't work, due to how I understand the text of the cards, but finally I didn't try it.
    Will Portal maybe reduce the freezing of Voice of Winter to one turn? (That would be great against Nivashen allyless decks, too.)

That's the deck I've tried out meanwhile:

Eladwen

4 Puwen
    2 Blake (I see that having more turn 2 allies helps a lot to get early board control.)
    4 Jasmin
    3 Aldon
    2 Raven

4 Fireball
    4 Lightning Strike
    2 Supernova (I think about replacing it with 2 Aeon even if I'm personally don't like him. Looking forward to some 1.27 allies.)
    2 Portal (Thinking now about using 3)
    4 Research
    4 Retreat (Have sacced all in the latest games, thinking about reducing to 3, but don't know. If you need it it's really a great card.)

2 Snow Sapphire

I've still kept some Novas, cause I won't loose board cleaning capability. Maybe I will remove them in future completely since I've only used one single in the last games and that just for fun. With nearly always having board control it wouldn't be necessary. I will see after some more trials.
    Last edited by Helloween; 07-29-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by xfreddyx View Post
    Totally agree with your adds to the basic strategy till t5. I was just giving some general lines not going in so many details.

I think i could be more flexible in my sacs. I never sac aeon, raven or snow sapphire. I will try to keep more burns in my hand. One tip for new guys here when playing against nishaven or another elad, dont be afraid to sac your researches, you can be totally sure that they cannot destroy the one you have (or will have) on the board.

Agree with the use of elads ability. What i tried to say is that i prefer saving shadow energy to spending it just to be able to attack opponents hero once.
    Great, think we pointed it out really well for each noob now and I see speaking us the same language... even if English is not my mother language...
    Maybe we will see due to that thread some more Eladwen players out there even if she's not over the top?
    I'm sick of running in fast burning Majiya or Rapid Fire/Dual Wield. It's so crazy to see nearly dead Warriors/Hunters with a good draw killing somebody like nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by seedog View Post
    Yea. I usually win the game before running out the cards.

Yes if research is destroyed I would be in trouble, that's why I need 3.

Wulven is not that hard. Gwen is. That's why I need SS
    Would you tell me your in-game name, seedog? Then I can watch some of your games. Are you concentrating your firepower on the opponents hero, just ignoring the board? I've still don't know how to handle such a short version of Eladwen.
    Don't get me wrong, in the games I've tried I'm doing really well till running out of cards. But then there's of course no firepower left to put opponents hero down.
    With such a short deck I can handle better Nishaven with adding Arcane Burst and maybe also some Special Delivery.
    Last edited by Helloween; 07-29-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by seedog View Post
    Yea. I usually win the game before running out the cards.

Yes if research is destroyed I would be in trouble, that's why I need 3.

Wulven is not that hard. Gwen is. That's why I need SS
    Wulven arent hard at all, but they can be really annoying, and its commom to find them with 60+ decks. Gwen is away harder. Soulseekeer is a bitch.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am not a pro..but if u need u can search me at seadog as in game name...typo haha...

I play a more burning style..like a majiya style + low cost allies... speed is immortant..
    early game: board control
    mid game: card advatange via research
    late game: burn
    Yes I ignore the board at late games (except against heros with healing abilities), at least I don't play allies, just wipe the board with eladwin ability/LS/nova (nova is a dangerous play and is always my last resource)
    Usually I don't sac every turn. Would love to keep all my burn spells and jasmines, it depends. But just ran into a Jericho who punish me by a plague. No chance to win

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good news, mages! The merchant has restocked snow sapphire! I already got 4. Not that im going to use 4, but its better to have it and dont need it, than need it and dont have it.
    Last edited by xfreddyx; 07-30-2011 at 08:19 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It happend again. Ratio was 222. Won a game agains a majiya 155. Streak of 6 wins. New ratio: 221 FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!