Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xfreddyx View Post
    @Raphael Majere: I'm not an english native speaker, so I prefer the risk of being misunderstod by being excessively polite, than the risk of being misunderstod for being rude or something like that.

Since i have started to play SE seriosly ive been playing with Eladwen, so cant tell if shes weaker than others or not. What i can say is that i have 20 wins in my last 30 matches, what sounds good to me. But i noticed that the difficulties have increased since i got into the 200s.

Imho, you Elad's deck is a good basic 30 cards. I would add some blakes. I see you guys dont like him, although playing blake on t2, aldon on t3 gives me a good advantage, with 4 attack, almost anything can be killed with one attack. Ive played some time with a 30 cards deck, but i had hard times, specially against wulves.

Gwen is the one who is giving more troubles. My strategy against her is to attack as much as i can with my allies, to let her weapons be spent while shes is defending, instead of when shes attacking with the +2. Since that i have lots of allies, she would run out of weapons before i ran out of allies. Thats the idea, but sometimes it doesnt work.

As a newbie player going into intermediate i see exactly what you're talking about with this "understand opponents deck" thing. I had some increase in my ratio after i started to look at the opponents hero and thinking about what to expect from his deck. I have no idea of how many games ive played. Yesterday i got level 10.

I fell the lack of destructiom item, and healing also. Soulseekers are my nightmare.

Thanks for your extense review on eladwen.

Also, I think i played against your brothers account couple days ago.

@bob501 i see lots of people talking about raven, but i think she's kinda expensive. As soon as i got some gold i will give her a try, but i prefer cheaper allies.
    @Freddy

Polite is good - I like it.

The problem with Blake is that if you start second, and your opponent drops a snake, spark, puwen, blake, brut first, you have no opportunity to cast Blake early. Beyond turn 3, I would rather summon a Aldon/Jasmine.

Healing, yes, I did not touch on that - you are right. lack of healing is a problem. (Not major though)

A look at the better heroes - Amber/Gwen/Jericho/Zaladar - all have healing. Majiya does not, but she makes it up for sheer dmg power - killing her opponent faster than others.

Re: my brother's account - a couple of days ago - yup that was him. I only used his account sometimes for testing. He doesn't mind me using or if his rank drops so all is good.

RAVEN - you must have at least 2 or 3 of these - reasoning:

Majere: "Ravens - you need them - at turn 5, if you go first, and cast it - on your opponents turn 5, he must seek to kill Raven but it will be difficult due to the 6 life. He is forced to take your lead - forcing him to make moves that are simply trying to limit Raven - hence losing his own attack momentum.

Once you summon a Raven, your opponent cannot/will not summon an ally. He must kill/null Raven first, giving you instant board control."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Bob501: i dont like voice of winter cause my allies would get frost too. I think it would be better for a nishaven deck with lots of retreats, rain delay, freeze, snow sapphire and others that dont let the opponent play.
    SS + retreats are ok, not the rest. Agreed the VoW is not appropriate for Elad.

Retreats - since Elad has blast power - it's best to blast them away than to have them re-appear. But retreat is a good spell.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    new question here:

If im playing against Nishaven, a priest or elemental, those who can killall allies at once, how do I know when i should stop sending allies to the board to wait for a tidal wave or smething like that? I mean, when i shoul save some allies in my hand tobe able to recover after a nuke.
    Yes, save allies. Do not have more than 2 on board. Watch out for turn 5 of Priest and 5 SE power on Nis.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arebelspy View Post
    raphael: add portal. it's real good.
    Gave up on Elad. Adding portal might help but it wont do much. not enough to convince me to try her again. When 40 limit comes it, she might be more viable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    @Freddy

A minor suggestion. $1.99 would get you a lot of cards that u need, buy boosters then sell what u dont need. You'll be able to get the ravens for sure.

Just an idea

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    Gave up on Elad. Adding portal might help but it wont do much. not enough to convince me to try her again. When 40 limit comes it, she might be more viable.
    well it's also real good in majiya, nishaven, gravebone, any character that can play it (see video in sig for why).

what made you give up on her? i had an average amount of success with her two or three days ago (something like 25-5)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arebelspy View Post
    well it's also real good in majiya, nishaven, gravebone, any character that can play it (see video in sig for why).

what made you give up on her? i had an average amount of success with her two or three days ago (something like 25-5)
    I do not disagree that Portal is good. Devastating in Gravebella. Just not for me.

Just a check, any players playing with JUST Elad and reached 250?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Portal is incredible no matter the hero you choose.

NEVER underestimate a mage simply for this one card.

I have used it time and time again to mob the board and seize control by sheer force.

While I have bloodlust, you could use aldon. For every ally deployed that is 1 more damage.

Portal + aldon or bloodlust can END battles.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bob501: i dont like voice of winter cause my allies would get frost too. I think it would be better for a nishaven deck with lots of retreats, rain delay, freeze, snow sapphire and others that dont let the opponent play.
    true true

well to answer the question about the number of allies in play you usually should have 2-3 allies in play at most if you know your opponent can wipe you. you basically just need enough allies to be able to deal with what ever allies he plays and get a quick shot in every turn.

for example if you had Aldon and blake in play that would be fine for most shadow creatures except (chimera gargoyle behemoth) and Aeon and raven for human and you could spare 1 more ally for that sure hit on the hero every turn.

if you have a raven in play then you only need one other ally in play since what ever ally he puts down will get ht by raven and your other ally will hit the hero

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay guys, thanks for all the info, tips and suggestions. I know that Eladwen isn't one of the top heroes, butsince i already have a good deck with her i will push it as far as it can go. Currently i'm at ratio 209, last 30 games: 23 wins, 6 loses, 1 draw due to a bug.

If someone wants to take a look at my games, my nick is freddy1984. Today i had some impressive turnovers against gwen and zaladar. The one against zaladar was kind epic, imho. Elad was 9 and zaladar 21. He used dimension ripperand i got a plasma behemoth in my hand. That was me (Freddy1984) against Erog.

This turnovers make me fell like my deck just get started at mid game. In some games i felt like i had no chance, but i have a personal rule of never quiting a game, so i got really surprised when managed to turn a no chance game into a win.

Thats how my deck looks like right now:
    1 eladwen

4 blake
    4 puwen
    4 jasmine
    4 aldon
    2 aeon

4 fireball
    4 lighting strike
    2 supernova

4 research
    3 portal