Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    The chaos, good, evil , balance, and freelance idea sounds pretty cool to me, and on a side note I think a race of dragons/dragonoids would be awesome to have in the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here's another one. An insectile race, doesn't care who it kills as it feels its territory is being invaded by both the Shadow and the Humans. Scorpions, Preying Mantis Hero, acid and venom attacks....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadedodger View Post
    Without knowing more about the story I don't know if it would fit, but a city dwelling Steampunk style faction may be cool, think steam driven tanks, clockwork rifles and chemical attacks etc.
    I really like this one! But I do agree that more of the story needs to be revealed first.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    This idea came to me after watching the Trailer a couple of time. We don't know the backstory, but we can glean that the world has been hit hard by some devastation. The trailer references chaos, destruction and decay.

This is just a guess, but somehow I don't see the 'Shadow' faction as entirely evil. Rather, I see it as an alternative agenda to that of the Humans. Although, I'm not certain of that, because some of the Shadow Heroes (like the male mage) don't look particularly nice either.

Typically in a game like this, I would guess there would be a Demon or Devil faction. A common enemy for either of the other two sides.

One alternative idea for a monsterous third faction could be something truly alien, inspired by the works of HP Lovecraft and the Cthulhu Mythos. I think there is a lot of interest in that type of theme, but you don't see it tapped by many other card games (the notable exception being the LFG card game by Final Fantasy). And it wouldn't have to be a literally adaptation.

For example, the Zerg from Starcraft are also excellent inspirations of alien horror, and tend to have a certain "oh cool, that's really different" fun factor.

Just another idea for the heap!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I share your viewpoint on shadows not necessarily being the bad guys, and some people were saying about the idea of there being good (regular heroes), bad (shadow), balance (neutral), and then chaos (common enemy of all). For that enemy of all, I would think beings that only want destruction would fit nicely, as they don't have any objective other than that and they threaten all other beings. I also see them as being giant harbingers of destruction and having the form of giant leviathans that can basically adapt to any environment, but that's just my thoughts on the subject

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    This is just a guess, but somehow I don't see the 'Shadow' faction as entirely evil. Rather, I see it as an alternative agenda to that of the Humans. Although, I'm not certain of that, because some of the Shadow Heroes (like the male mage) don't look particularly nice either.
    I guess it could be like other fantasy games, where everyone is corrupt in some way or another.

On a side note, an elven race or a couple angels for rare/epics would be cool.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Vampires and Werewolves! As I don't consider one "good" and one "evil" they could both probably be in the Neutral or Shadow Faction. Though fiction states that they are warring races, in reality (whatever that is) they are actually quite peaceful to each other!

Edit: Oops, forgot Werewolves are already there!
    Last edited by Notthevictim; 07-29-2010 at 05:55 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd love an angel/fairy race that can be able to heal allies/heroes. For that matter, I'd love a card that lets you heal, period.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadedodger View Post
    Without knowing more about the story I don't know if it would fit, but a city dwelling Steampunk style faction may be cool, think steam driven tanks, clockwork rifles and chemical attacks etc.
    +1, steampunk is the coolest. I adore goggled engineers with shotguns and little sidekick robots.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Maybe the steampunk class could be called the "mechanical" class, and it could be human aligned. It could incorporate several machines, engineers, gunners with old, inaccurate shotguns, sidekick robots, many items and artifacts to modify the field of play, and raw material cards that are combined to form big, unstoppable machines or upgrade current machines (i.e. mechanical allies).