Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

My "Bonkers Baduruu" ! Wacky fun!

Ok, I took the 'worst' hero and most certainly under-played hero and gave it a try.

The concept is based on my Zaladar Mega-rush deck and inspired by GDC's Banebow deck.

ORIGINAL BUILD

1 x Baduruu

4 x Keldor
    4 x Infernal Gargoyle
    4 x Plasma Behemoths
    4 x Chimera
    4 x Arrows (2+2)
    4 x Shriek
    4 x Soul Seeker
    1 x Grave Digger

I wanted control and hence the pumpable allies helps me to adapt to various scenarios.

Grave Digger is the magical weapon that creates diversity. If the opposing players' ability sucks, use the digger.

Played against Eladwen, Jericho, Amber, Gwen - used their abilities against them - hilarious fun!

It's wacky fun...!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Nice one! Which account are you risking with this?

p.s. I think Logan is the worst hero ever. I just made a deck with him and had to buy the cards on my third account because I feared losing so much. I just faced two Gwens in a row - one rated 217, who thrashed me, and one rating 136, who I beat convincingly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    Nice one! Which account are you risking with this?

p.s. I think Logan is the worst hero ever. I just made a deck with him and had to buy the cards on my third account because I feared losing so much. I just faced two Gwens in a row - one rated 217, who thrashed me, and one rating 136, who I beat convincingly.
    I forgot Logan! Yeah, Logan wins the worst hero award. I won't even bother with him.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Anyone who thinks Baduruu sucks lacks imagination and skill. Think about specific matchups:

-Gwen: Access to all the same hunter cards (Soul Seeker in particular for killing Jasmine, Puwen, Aldon in one shot), plus item destruction and a 3CC ally that can survive a Soul Seeker hit (neither of which she has).
    -Amber: Again, same ability, but with better weapons. Soul Seeker is better that anything she has. The biggest issue is keeping up with her Blood Frenzy.
    -Human mages: Their abilities plus bows and arrows (and traps if you choose) makes killing their allies a breeze. With the ally-less variants, it's a race to zero life that your allies and weapons can usually win.
    -Boris: Again, his ability is just one more tool for mowing through his allies.

Majiya is still a touch matchup, even with the opportunity to keep up with her in cards (I usually Shriek her research). Haven't played a Gravebone that knows what he's doing. My variant is item-heavy, so Ter Adun is a pain. All the others (rogues, wolves) generally present little challenge. My point is he may not be the cream of the crop, but worst/second-to-worst hero? No way.

At some point I want to attempt a Logan deck. I still haven't figured out a way to make him work well though. There is no good "ping" card he can use. Nightshade would be nice, but oh well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eleena View Post
    Anyone who thinks Baduruu sucks lacks imagination and skill. Think about specific matchups:

-Gwen: Access to all the same hunter cards (Soul Seeker in particular for killing Jasmine, Puwen, Aldon in one shot), plus item destruction and a 3CC ally that can survive a Soul Seeker hit (neither of which she has).
    -Amber: Again, same ability, but with better weapons. Soul Seeker is better that anything she has. The biggest issue is keeping up with her Blood Frenzy.
    -Human mages: Their abilities plus bows and arrows (and traps if you choose) makes killing their allies a breeze. With the ally-less variants, it's a race to zero life that your allies and weapons can usually win.
    -Boris: Again, his ability is just one more tool for mowing through his allies.

Majiya is still a touch matchup, even with the opportunity to keep up with her in cards (I usually Shriek her research). Haven't played a Gravebone that knows what he's doing. My variant is item-heavy, so Ter Adun is a pain. All the others (rogues, wolves) generally present little challenge. My point is he may not be the cream of the crop, but worst/second-to-worst hero? No way.

At some point I want to attempt a Logan deck. I still haven't figured out a way to make him work well though. There is no good "ping" card he can use. Nightshade would be nice, but oh well.
    U are right on all points especially on Majiya. Gaining the draw ability is great but Baduruu requires allies to dmg (allies come out exhausted) while Majiya can just draw and burn on the same turn. A hell lot of difference.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    I forgot Logan! Yeah, Logan wins the worst hero award. I won't even bother with him.
    I've never played a Warrior, but Logan doesn't seem that bad. His power is basically like having a built-in Assassination, only the ally in question has to take a defence hit. IMO not nearly as useless as Jericho's ability, which can't even remove Jasmine's distraction from allies - apparently because even the intervention of clergy is helpless against dat ass.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Cat View Post
    I've never played a Warrior, but Logan doesn't seem that bad. His power is basically like having a built-in Assassination, only the ally in question has to take a defence hit. IMO not nearly as useless as Jericho's ability, which can't even remove Jasmine's distraction from allies - apparently because even the intervention of clergy is helpless against dat ass.
    @grey cat

Erm, A lot of people is not going to agree with you...

Case in point: World Champion won with a Jericho.

Tidal Wave, Destroy Arms, Wizient Staff, Plague, Smite, Resurrection all contribute to a very good control deck

Firstly, Jericho would be very strong against ALL warriors (Amber, Boris, Ter Adun)

He will also take out Gwen's arrows and RF.

Logan: his power needs to be combined with other cards. An ally cannot be killed unless it's damaged, which means u need to hit the target ally first with a weapon, spell or your own ally. Too many variables involved.

Lastly, it takes 4SE to charge and your opponent can see when it's going to happen. Lack of surprise element.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Logan in the right deck is kinda useful. like a warrior camping deck or something like that. i would try to add another gravedigger though or bad santas

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Logan is the Aeon killer. By turn 8, he can kill 2 aeons!
    I hate Gwen!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bob501 View Post
    Logan in the right deck is kinda useful. like a warrior camping deck or something like that. i would try to add another gravedigger though or bad santas
    The grave digger is not essential to win for this deck, plus with fantastic 'stolen' hero abilities like Zala's blast, Majiya Draw, there is no need for grave digger.

Why Bad Santas? This deck does not need Bad Santa. When a deck does not have draw, it does not mean that it's not good. Why are some people so fond of giving cards to your opponent?