Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Deflection - Mage Ability

Thought this up after getting clobbered by Amber Rain and Gwenneth players with seemingly endless supplies of weapons and Shrieks. There isn't really a defence for my Mage as yet (and I have 4 Snow Sapphires in my deck), but I think this card would at least even the odds some. Let me know what you all think.

Deflection (Item)
    CC: 3
    Half the damage inflicted to your Hero by an Opposing Hero is Returned.
    Lasts for Three Turns.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Cat View Post
    Thought this up after getting clobbered by Amber Rain and Gwenneth players with seemingly endless supplies of weapons and Shrieks. There isn't really a defence for my Mage as yet (and I have 4 Snow Sapphires in my deck), but I think this card would at least even the odds some. Let me know what you all think.

Deflection (Item)
    CC: 3
    Half the damage inflicted to your Hero by an Opposing Hero is Returned.
    Lasts for Three Turns.
    Plausible but either CC is too low or should be an Armor instead so Amber atleast has a chance of destroying it, Gwen would have no such luck.

If this card were to come out then hunters & warriors should also have a means of "reflecting" non-melee damage back to its caster.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DMokong View Post
    Plausible but either CC is too low or should be an Armor instead so Amber atleast has a chance of destroying it, Gwen would have no such luck.

If this card were to come out then hunters & warriors should also have a means of "reflecting" non-melee damage back to its caster.
    You're right -- CC would be too low. I would accept CC 4 and two turns. Anything to defend against third and fourth hits from Berserker's Edge and Mournblade.

For other classes, they could have a card with CC 2 that reduces spell damage by 1 for three turns or 2 for two turns.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I remember Deflection from MtG - the good old days

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Cat View Post
    You're right -- CC would be too low. I would accept CC 4 and two turns. Anything to defend against third and fourth hits from Berserker's Edge and Mournblade.

For other classes, they could have a card with CC 2 that reduces spell damage by 1 for three turns or 2 for two turns.
    Berserker is simply OP in Amber's hands & w/a destroy armour, she's very tough. Like the idea at 4 CC w/o converting to an armour but w/limited time

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    interesting concept. i dont think it would be good as an armor though. you are already going to reduce the damage by half and return it to its source adding another -1 damage ( at min ) just wouldnt make sense. just think about it if you are attacked for 4 lets say you return 2 damage leaving 2 and your armor takes 1 away you only take 1 after that just seems like to much to me
    Some are scared, Some are excited, but all will bask in my glory. IM BACK!!!! Squishy is here to stay.

I owe all my success to A1 GS, Figga, Nacho, Wtzky wouldn't be the player I am without your help and friendship

My sig is reserved for A1 again