Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Boris goes Back to Basics

This is a fairly expensive deck to build from scratch but it's very very simple to play and requires little effort. I just thought I'd post because it's been a while since i saw a deck that was just very basic and focused, easy to play etc.

Total - 40 cards.

It's very simple in choosing what to play every turn, the only time it changes is when playing against weapon heavy decks such as Gwen.

Sac every turn until around 7 resources if possible.
    T1 - Sac only
    T2 - Blake (only if not playing against mage and the field is clear of opposing allies, otherwise Puwen)
    T3 - Aldon
    T4 - War Banner
    T5 - Jasmin or Aldon + Puwen or Blake
    T6 - Aeon
    T7 - King's Pride

A quick rundown of some of the card choices:

This deck is made up of cheap allies mainly so that users of plague won't gain a massive upperhand.
    Jasmin is used to stall opponents and protect weaklings, whilst Aldon is used for his +1 attack buff.
    Aeon is used to protect all the weaklings and just take a lot of abuse.
    War banner is interchangeable with Aldon. I usually play Aldon first for the board presence and banner later.
    Smashing blow to deal with Gwen decks.
    Crippling blow to deal with Gargoyles, Erika or Raven. Whatever I can't kill in one turn and is annoying really.
    Campfire stories because it's a draw a card for free and heals. This has literally saved my ass against supernova so many times. If you have a bunch of allies down + Aeon and someone plays a 'clear the board' type spell, campfire can become your best friend. Just works pretty well in a lot of situations.
    Enrage and Blood frenzy are pretty obvious. You want to draw and you want +10 health, easy.
    King's pride is just another boost to the weaker allies.

Im sure a lightweight version of this deck could be made for a 30 card limit.

So what do you guys think? What do you think works here and what do you think is pointless? I welcome people to challenge me and put forward scenarios and weaknesses so I can see what I can come up with and improve!

DECK EDITED SINCE ORIGINAL POST
    Last edited by 23Kid; 07-17-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just wanted to say that I know its not clever or exciting really haha but I'm sick of every other deck being a Majiya or a priest or something involving a million and one bows so... that's why I posted. Bit of variety. Just to represent something simple

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just something you might think about, when using a human hero I usually like to fit retreat in there because its such a good way to help with field control. You might think about squeezing it in there. AND I would just like to say that no warrior deck can be successful without 4 blood frenzy. even at 30 cards its kind of a must. All decks need a Draw engine and BF is a warriors draw engine.

So i would,

-4 Campfire stories
    -1 Enrage
    -1 War Banner

+2 Blood Frenzy
    +4 Retreat
    Gamer Mind: Carbon_911

Go for the throat...show no mercy..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Went for -1 War Banner, -1 Enrage, +2 Blood Frenzy. Left Campfire Stories over retreat because retreat is only effective on ally heavy decks. Campfire stories allows you to draw and healing is useful against any opponent, no matter what their style of play. That's what I'm thinking anyway?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 23Kid View Post
    Went for -1 War Banner, -1 Enrage, +2 Blood Frenzy. Left Campfire Stories over retreat because retreat is only effective on ally heavy decks. Campfire stories allows you to draw and healing is useful against any opponent, no matter what their style of play. That's what I'm thinking anyway?
    Campfire does allow you to draw, but if you take them out you have a higher chance to draw other needed cards, instead of using 2cost to only notice you drew a good card but can't use it until next turn. (my thinking at anyrate.) Also you need to A: Have an ally out to use it. B: Do you find that the heal for 2 health to be any good? (Blake, Puwen,Jasmine,Aldon tend to die from either 1 hit or 2 with or without Campfire.)

As Carbon_911 said to add at-least 3 retreats (They can help your allies too by retreating them and bringing them back at full health .)

-4 Campfire's
    -1 Smashing Blow (This is what I use & it works well against Gwen/Amber)
    -2 War Banner (I don't see a point in having more then one, as you can only have one out at a time.)
    -1 Kings Pride (Personally unless your amber/Gwen chances are they would have sac their item destroy card.

+3 retreats
    +2 Raven's ( A: She has 6 health with can survive a supernova. B:She can control the board by herself, add Aeon and you got yourself a nice little lockdown.)

Have you ever tried Jewelers Dream? (It seems like you want a rush deck so why not add 3 of these babies in?)