Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris Ripper

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MattOG View Post
    It's ok, no need to announce your arrival, we saw you coming.
    I love you too
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lol really noob alert?? You wanna tell me you have the luxury of playing a 7 drop against someone whose actually good? I'm not talking about the noobs you play on quick game all the time, but a real non noob player. If you can actually tell me that you can use that card more than even 50% of the time against people who are actually good than I commend you, but I guarantee you it's not a card you can use that often. It a card to put away your opponent that under most circumstances you will not end up needing because you will use it when you already have the game wrapped up. That's why it a luxury.
    Gamer Mind: Carbon_911

Go for the throat...show no mercy..

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    When I make a deck, I don't expect to have lost by turn 7, so why is KP a luxury? If the opponent is planning to win on turn 8, and you play KP, to have enough damage to kill them yourself, then I would say that KP won you the game, and also prevented you from losing. Therefore, it is not a luxury, in my opinion.

p.s. How did you change the title of your thread? I didn't know you could do that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    actually you are a little wrong about kings pride if you are playing against a good player then games tend to last longer since they will know how to control the board and they way they play their hand meaning they dont over extend and can stall you til they get the cards they need or you wont put out 26 damage even with your allies unless the opponent is allowing you to hit him every turn with out killing your allies. the fastest win you can pull out with any deck is with gwen or majiya and playing a perfect hand its hard to get a 7 turn win if you have an opponent:

GWEN:
    T1-
    T2 blake
    T3 Jasmine Attack for 3 damage
    T4 BDB attack for another 9 damage total12
    T5 Rapid fire attack for another 12 damage total 24
    T6 you kill him

Majiya:
    T1 snake
    T2 brutalis Attack for 1
    T3 Medusil Attack for 2 total 3
    T4 Chimera Attack for 5 total 8
    T5 Chimera ability + Bloodlust attack for 18 damage total 26

these are perfect games meaning your opponent didn't get to play anything for 5 turns to counter you at all and as you can see it takes a Maj deck 5 turn to kill a mage now imagine a warrior with enrage crippling blow, retreat, hie own allies that will hit you, etc. theyll tend to make games last longer then turn 7

tired this deck out and it works amazingly, the flow of the deck is very good. i would like another weapon or 2 but thats just me;P
    Last edited by bob501; 07-21-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's refreshing to see a Boris deck with dimensional ripper. But what you do if let's say your enrage is being stolen, used by majiya, and you steal a blake from his deck? I think using a dimensional ripper can backfire very easily and requires 2 things:
    - being able to survive without a crucial card, that has been taken from you deck
    - being able to counter your own deck if he plays your stolen card.
    I hate Gwen!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bob501 View Post
    actually you are a little wrong about kings pride ...
    If you're talking to me, then I think you are underestimating many decks. I have been beaten by an opponent who suddenly plays Kings Pride a few times, when I was about to win the next turn, so I know it is both a game-winner and loss-preventer. When I make my Boris deck, I will be putting KP in.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    If you're talking to me, then I think you are underestimating many decks. I have been beaten by an opponent who suddenly plays Kings Pride a few times, when I was about to win the next turn, so I know it is both a game-winner and loss-preventer. When I make my Boris deck, I will be putting KP in.
    Overall It may have been wrong to say its not competitive, but its not easy to get out and I dont think there will often be a time when you can get it out turn 7 and make good use of it on the same turn. Not competitively anyways. That was my point is that often it will win you a game your already winning by putting it way out of reach. With this deck a tidal wave or supernova even with kings pride on my allies can still wipe them all out besides aeon. Personally Snow Sapphire does better freezing allies and making weapon users hesitant to attack me.

@Soni84 It can definitely happen that a good card is stolen from me, but if you look thru the deck there arent any cards that are gonna change the game completely on me and put it away so I cant win. I find its a risk worth taking. The one card that would hurt the most is getting my Snow Sapphire taken, but you no one card out of all them to draw from wont make me take DR out. Depends on your play style really, its just a fun different way to play.

@Bob501 I'm very glad you like the deck, it works great for me too. I think if other people just went ahead and tried it out they would find it works quite well with Dimension Ripper. If you turn it in to a 40 card deck you can add in those extra weps you want lol

@GDC pm Anadolt and he can change it for you. You can also change the name in the first 2 minutes of making the thread. I didn't think people would take the thread seriously with the previous name lol so I had it changed :P
    Gamer Mind: Carbon_911

Go for the throat...show no mercy..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    kings pride is a game changer against tons of decks.

but i'll just address one use scenario, since it's the one you're worried about and playing sapphire for: weapons.

king's pride blocks a shot as well as sapphire (soaking two damage), but instead of freezing it does something better: gives all your allies +1 health!

that suddenly means jazmine and aldon take TWO hits from soul seeker to kill, not one. aeon takes 3!

oh yeah, and that little +2 attack thing.

it's amazing vs weapons (about equal to sapphire, oh and it has an extra durability), and even better vs any other deck.

honestly, if you aren't getting to turn 7 (or 10, or more) you may be playing wrong. good players often have longer games, simply because they have good decks that can counter what the other is doing. late game king's pride is amazing and a game winner.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arebelspy View Post
    kings pride is a game changer against tons of decks.

but i'll just address one use scenario, since it's the one you're worried about and playing sapphire for: weapons.

king's pride blocks a shot as well as sapphire (soaking two damage), but instead of freezing it does something better: gives all your allies +1 health!

that suddenly means jazmine and aldon take TWO hits from soul seeker to kill, not one. aeon takes 3!

oh yeah, and that little +2 attack thing.

it's amazing vs weapons (about equal to sapphire, oh and it has an extra durability), and even better vs any other deck.

honestly, if you aren't getting to turn 7 (or 10, or more) you may be playing wrong. good players often have longer games, simply because they have good decks that can counter what the other is doing. late game king's pride is amazing and a game winner.
    At this moment in time, KP is the only other card that adds life to the allies. Sometimes this can win a game, because your opponent is planning his burn/damage allocation before he strikes, the suddenly BAM! you cast a KP, disrupting all his plans.

5 life allies are much higher to kill than 4 life allies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Of course, KP is still an Item and vulnerable to destruction, so the health effect may not last long. Will work a treat against Gwen though!