Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris Ripper

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Boris Ripper

Check out this deck list ive been running for Boris, works like a Charm against just about everyone. Lemme know what you all think and Ill give a brief explanation to those of you that cant get the strategy just by looking.

Update: This is now the 1.27 version of the deck
    Boris Skullcrusher (40 Cards)

Allies - 21:
    3 Birgitte Skullborn
    4 Jasmine Rosecult
    3 Kristoffer Wyld
    3 Puwen Bloodhelm
    3 Aldon the Brave
    3 Raven Wildheart
    2 Aeon Stormcaller

Spells, etc - 18:
    2 War Banner
    4 Blood Frenzy
    4 Retreat
    1 King's Pride
    2 Dimension Ripper
    1 Enrage
    2 Special Delivery
    2 Bad Santa
    Edit: If you want this to be a little less of a wacky deck then instead of running Dimension Ripper, run Jeweler's Dream. There are plenty of low cc cards it will work together with. Especially Retreat.

This is entirely new lay down for you because ive become so experienced with the deck I'll let you know more about it. First off Dimension Ripper is your friend and while there might be times you really dont want to use it there is only one card that you dont want to lose while using it. That would be Blood Frenzy. If you give your opponent a draw engine and you dont have one then you are in for a struggle, if you already have BF on yourself then just control the game to the best of your ability. You dont want to use it against Human warriors, just dont. Here's why you shouldnt worry about using it. Hopefully when you lose an ally you need or want you will have a retreat handy and it will be sent back to your hand, not your opponents and if youre good you can play it out from your hand the same turn. That handles losing allies. Losing something like Kings Pride is ok; you always want to save a smashing blow or be pretty certain you have one coming soon (decide whether the odds are in your favor of getting one soon).
    This deck rarely loses when played correctly and when you get your draw engine. I beat Raphael Majere's "tuned" jericho with it by using DR as a draw engine for a bit and using Bad Santa when I needed. It can beat jericho, I know the machine can too, but you all dont have access to its contents. Another card that got questioned here is SD. Special Delivery has won me at least one game since implementing it and it, like Kristoffer, is a card that will more than likely throw off a good player. That is another reason to try this style deck, playing against some of the better players often, I know how to throw them off.

TIP: Dimension Ripper, Kristoffer, Special Delivery and other odd, but EFFECTIVE, cards are very good for your deck. Throwing off an opponents strategy will always grant you a great position in a game.

If you think you are experienced enough to know how to handle this style of deck, then I would say give it a try and see who you can beat! Most every deck and most every player hates DR because it will surely throw them off their game. Use your cards wisely and most importantly use your retreats wisely! Retreats give you control, and making sure you gain control of the field is very important.
    Last edited by Carbon_911; 10-06-2011 at 12:59 PM.
    Gamer Mind: Carbon_911

Go for the throat...show no mercy..

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    A v good, well-thought out deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks, I saw your Boris deck, seemed pretty good despite no 2cc allies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    dude, ive only played one game with this deck, but its fucking kickass. just played a 200 zhanna, didnt even get the most ideal hand but really owns, i got to 219 with majiya and im trying something new. really nice deck, im not sure i can tweak it at all, if i come up with any ideas ill tell you though.

just wanted to say this is by far the best boris deck ive seen, using dimension rippers a fucking sweet idea.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haha thank you, I'm very glad you're enjoying it. It handles most decks really well, a bad draw can hurt but it can make it up just fine most of the times. On top of that I have a lot of fun stealing cards from the Mages and Priests!

And any new ideas or critique for the deck is always welcome, id love to hear how people change it up.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    no raven?
    kings pride is the armor you want.
    jeweler's dream is the weapon you want.

glhf

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haha I tend to not play it like everyone. And no, no raven, if you wanna play a version of the deck with Raven, JD, and Kings pride sounds good. but Snow Sapphire deals with Weapon users. In a 40 card version id use raven, but low cost allies and low cost spells help make it easier to control the game. Kings pride, its not a competitive card. It's a luxury really.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon_911 View Post
    Kings pride, its not a competitive card.
    O_o

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon_911 View Post
    kings pride, its not a competitive card. It's a luxury really.
    noob alert
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GS693 View Post
    noob alert
    It's ok, no need to announce your arrival, we saw you coming.