Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boris Deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Boris Deck

Hi i'm fairly new to the game still and started out with a boris deck and have found myself coming back to it more often than not over any other deck i've played/used/gone up agianst thus far and wanted to see if anyone could toss me some pointers on it, it's gotten me into the 215 range but I dont see it going much farther, thanks!

Boris
    4-Jasmine
    4-Aldon
    4-Aeon
    4-smashing blow
    2-enrage
    4-crippling blow
    4-blood frenzy
    4-kings pride

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    What Are You Going To Do About First And Second Round Allies Dude? Your Deck Is Fail Man. The Whole Idea Of Boris Is Overwhelming Allies And Board Control If You Can Get Them Out "Soon And Fast" Whats The Point?

Rethink It Dude.
    BayArea'sFines7
    Dubstep

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    -1 crippling blow
    -1 smashing blow
    -1 kings pride

+3 raven

I'm not a pro boris, but i think it could be better like this, with raven on the board you can sac your crippling blow, and can be usefull against priest (Jericho)

Like i said nuff time, if you play warrior with 4 blood frenzy you can play with 35 cards easily, add some retreat! Shield bash or special delivery, i prefer special delivery because you can target the hero, and who didn't lost a game just for one or two hp, with 5 or 6 ressources avaible ? When it's your last turn and it's kill or die, a DD is always welcome.

@Fines7, (it's always a pain in my brain to read you) just to say, you can play without 2cc allies, it's a different strategy, which is IMO stronger than the combo blake+aldon.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ty for the input ken, i'm really still getting the hang of it but i plan to play around with what you suggested and see if it ends up helping me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In addition to what Ken put,

-2 Kings Pride (You dont need it that much)
    -2 Aeon (again after being nerfed he's not so good)
    -1 Jasmine (make room for 2cc Allies)
    -1 Raven (Again make room for 2cc allies)
    -1 Enrage (you may find you dont need it as often as you think)

+3 Puwen
    +2 Blake
    +2 Retreat (Helps with the Board Control)

Make it that way and I think you will find yourself doing much better, Personally I use 4 retreat and 3 CB with 2 smashing blows. Post here how it does, I'd like to know.
    Last edited by Carbon_911; 07-16-2011 at 05:05 PM.
    Gamer Mind: Carbon_911

Go for the throat...show no mercy..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, Carbon_911 is better than me with boris, glad to see him helping you.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CloaknDagger View Post
    Hi i'm fairly new to the game still and started out with a boris deck and have found myself coming back to it more often than not over any other deck i've played/used/gone up agianst thus far and wanted to see if anyone could toss me some pointers on it, it's gotten me into the 215 range but I dont see it going much farther, thanks!

Boris
    4-Jasmine
    4-Aldon
    4-Aeon
    4-smashing blow
    2-enrage
    4-crippling blow
    4-blood frenzy
    4-kings pride
    @cloakndagger

thanks for the PM. I like your politeness and niceness so Here is my take:

Firstly, at first look, the deck's not bad.

1. Play as much as you can - if you reach a scenario in early game that you absolutely cannot deal with - something's very wrong and it means you need to either change/add cards or worse, revise the entire deck's concept.

2. When I design my decks, I think about what I what I wanna cast in T1, followed by T2, followed by T3, etc, etc. Hence if you look at my own deck, I have T2 BF, T3 Jasmine, T4 Aldon, T5 Raven, T6 Aeon. At every turn, I aim to cast allies/spells that maximize the resources, i.e. casting Blake at T5 is so much weaker than casting Raven.

3. IMO, Boris in 1.26 - do not go beyond 30. Unless you have a innovative strategy, you will want BF as early as you can. The prime reason is that Boris must kill with allies. I do not like heroes that are so limited. Hence, my Zaladar/Amber/Majiya decks are doing so well. All of them can kill/damage using more than 1 method.

4. Most of my games with my Boris deck that results in loss - was simply becos I drew BF too late.

5. All Boris will have huge problems against Jericho. Jericho will kill CB, BF, Enrage, Rampage, etc. Remember, no BF = loss. (although I have defeated 2 or 3 Jerichos - but they were silly enough to play Bazar - which helped me more than it helped them.)

6. Ravens - you need them - at turn 5, if you go first, and cast it - on your opponents turn 5, he must seek to kill Raven but it will be difficult due to the 6 life. He is forced to take your lead - forcing him to make moves that are simply trying to limit Ravem - hence losing his own attack momentum.

Once you summon a Raven, your opponent cannot/will not summon an ally. He must kill/null Raven first, giving you instant board control.

7. Re: Ravens - I would take Kentuqui's advice.

8. Carbon_911's advice is very good too but only at the hands of advanced players. I personally find Retreat very hard to use as compared to CB. There is no point putting in Retreat if you think there is a chance of beatin Jericho. Does not work becos the crucial point is still BF.

9. 2 Enrage is perfect. Do not adjust. Not having one when playing against tuned Gwen or Majiya = sure loss.

10. I like Aeon. the 'nerf' actually helps me. My large army of Jasmine/Aldon/Raven are all nicely protected from damage from Gwen/Majiya. Esp Aldon. If my opponent cannot kill Aldon, he takes more damage from my allies. In close games, 1 or 2 damage (PER turn) can determine the outcome. But 4 is too many for me.

11. I like War Banner - I explain in my own deck. Aldon/Blake combo is good due to many 4 life allies in game. But Aldon cannot deal 4, so War Banner/Aldon/Jasmine/Aeon creates more chances to deal 4 dmg, creating more board control.

Hope that is useful. Ask me questions if you are unclear - IMO, Experience is the best answer, play as much as u can.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @everyone

ty all for your input it's helped me quiet alot and i plan to continue playing and testing to see how it pans out for me, i'll post once i've run enough games to find my happy median but i do agree with Raphael that i've been finding it kinda hard in the higher tiers to win with a boris deck since he's all about the creatures and not so much himself doing personal damage like Amber/ect but i'll stick it out and see what happens, again to all, ty.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    6. Ravens - you need them - at turn 5, if you go first, and cast it - on your opponents turn 5, he must seek to kill Raven but it will be difficult due to the 6 life. He is forced to take your lead - forcing him to make moves that are simply trying to limit Ravem - hence losing his own attack momentum.

Once you summon a Raven, your opponent cannot/will not summon an ally. He must kill/null Raven first, giving you instant board control.
    Very true, Raven on T5 will in just about every instance grant you control of the game. I use retreat because of its low cost and I try to control the game with lower cost allies. Control with Raven is a very good alternative. What you ultimately want is to find the style that fits you the most
    Gamer Mind: Carbon_911

Go for the throat...show no mercy..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So i've made some changes based on feed back that i've gotten and on what i've seen while playing and have changed up my deck to this

4-Jasmine
    3-Ravens (debated 4 but the balance I found works for me is 3)
    3-Aldon (again debated 4 but 3 works thus far)
    3-Aeon
    4-smashings
    2-enrage
    4-crip
    4-frenzy
    2-kings

from what i've noticed when I'm up agianst anything aside from a mage/jeri the odds seem to be with me unless I some how fail to draw a frenzy, which has happend more often than not even with 4 in within the first 5 or so turns. I'm still playing with the idea of dropping another aeon for possibly another aldon or raven, but i've also considered a war banner in an aeons place as well.

The only problem I seem to have with the banners is (and this is rather funny) that it costs to little in most cases for me. I've noticed myself finding it hard to play with when im trying to decide what to play on turn 3-6 sometimes depending on how the field looks and if i'm playing defense or going offense. I enjoy the idea that they're normally quick to get out and give a nice boost but either i'm missing something with them or just haven't been in a situation that calls for them.

The reason I still have two kings in the deck is that by turn 7 im either in complete control of the game or i'm a turn or two away from having control of the field and that it helps whatever allies I have out get a nice grip on whatever combo the other dude drops on the next turn or even for burning someone down a little quicker, plus with two i can safely sack one early on if drawn and not really worry about it for another 5 or so turns and it has as of yet made me lose by not having one in hand but has helped me turn the tides last second for a few close wins.

However, based on what i'm seeing and from what i've been told though is that the higher tiers than what im floating around at (219-224 range) the only decks that really perform better at higher ranks are either a maj/amber/gwen so sadly I may have to change up play style cause I would enjoy getting even further than I currently am and was pondering the idea of giving my Amber/Gwen decks some love since I never really liked mages in any game i've played =/

Any feed back or comments would be great, as always I thank everyone for thier input.