Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boris Gang

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Boris Gang with changes for 1.27

Hi! I want to share my deck and see what pepople think about it. I think the strategy with it is very obvious, destroy the enemy hero with my allies! Here it is:

4x Jasmine
    4x Blake
    4x Puwen
    4x Aldon
    2x Aeon

2x Smashing Blow
    1x Enrage
    3x Cripling Blow
    3x Blood Frenzy
    2x King's Pride

What do you think?

Edit: Actual deck in 1.27 -> boris gang 1.27
    Last edited by B0HATER; 09-13-2011 at 10:55 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Seems solid. You may want +1 smashing blow, but that's your choice. I would also like to see 2 ravens or so, and one less Aldon.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Smashing blow are the last thing I added to my deck and maybe you're right and 3 would be better. I have 4 aldon to be sure to have it soon, but will try -1 aldon and +1 smashing blow.

I like a lot Raven but with Aeon protecting my allies and king's pride, I think I normally will not need it. But she is a very solid ally, maybe with some changes she will be a nice addition.

Thx for your response!

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by B0HATER View Post
    Hi! I want to share my deck and see what pepople think about it. I think the strategy with it is very obvious, destroy the enemy hero with my allies! Here it is:

4x Jasmine
    4x Blake
    4x Puwen
    4x Aldon
    2x Aeon

2x Smashing Blow
    1x Enrage
    3x Cripling Blow
    3x Blood Frenzy
    2x King's Pride

What do you think?
    Looks a lot like my "Captain Carnage" deck.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?6230-My-Boris-deck-quot-Captain-Carnage-quot&highlight=carnage

It looks decent nonetheless.

I will share my views:

1. I do not like Blake and Puwen. If you go second, once your opponent summons either Snake/Brutalis/Puwen/Blake, Blake is stuck in hand. Puwen is too weak in late game.

2. BF - 4 needed. Getting one out on table by turn 4 is crucial.

3. Raven - must have. I think I explained in detail why Raven is crucial at turn 5 on my own post.

4. Enrage - 2 recommended -against Gwen and Majiya. Not drawing 1 when facing them is almost a sure loss.

5. I do not like King's Pride. I had 1 in my deck but removed it as I played it from 180 to 200. At turn 7, I would rather summon 2 allies in single turn.

6. War Banner needed - War Banner + Aldon (Blake/Jasmine/Aeon/Raven) - takes out all 4 life allies.

Not a bad build though, probably very fast.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He has a 30 card deck. It's fine as it is. When he plays a 40 card deck, your suggestions are fine though.

Edit: I misjudged this one, since your deck is a 30 card deck as well. I do would like to say that your deck is completely different since there are no low tier units in there.
    Last edited by iClipse; 07-15-2011 at 06:26 PM.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    He has a 30 card deck. It's fine as it is. When he plays a 40 card deck, your suggestions are fine though.

Edit: I misjudged this one, since your deck is a 30 card deck as well. I do would like to say that your deck is completely different since there are no low tier units in there.
    I stand corrected. Agree. BOhater's deck seeks to control board early in game. Finishing of opponent with KPs.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    I stand corrected. Agree. BOhater's deck seeks to control board early in game. Finishing of opponent with KPs.
    That's exactly my strategy, but I can't go over 205 with it. I don't know if it's for my failure or what

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yesterday I was playing with this deck (changed blake for krystoffer in 1.27) and I don't know why, but I started to lose one match after another. I had a streak of 5 matchs lost, win one, and another 4 lost. I don' know what I'm doing wrong or if it was a losing streak, but I tried some changes with no success... Any tips or strategies to improve my deck? I saw in the tourn4ment raphael and cdjg winning with Boris and don't know why I have so bad matches yesterday

Thanks and sorry for my bad english, is not my main language.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you seem to bo doing better today. yesterday with your loss streak, the first one was jericho so it was going to be rough anyway, and then he plagued you early to boot with really nothing left in your hand. the maj had a great hand and draw. It wouldve been a hard win to get. The Zal deck on turn 9 after the discharge you didnt play anything at all just sacrificed for a resource (8), im guessing it was a misclick but you lost a major turn there and i think the game. also knowing he was playing discharges and you were close to being decked I would've played only half my remaining creatures. The first Gwen, you Sb'd his BDB instead of waiting for the SS. With only 2 Sb's I would've sucked up the DBD and waited for the SS. He wouldve been card dead and praying for another bow. the second gwen you played maj so i didnt bother to watch. I saw you cast retreats but never a CB, retreat is great but the new CB is awesome to. Hope you dont take my post the wrong way, im not trying to be an ass just pointing out a few key errors that I think resulted or at least were a major contributor to the losses.

On the plus side you are having a good streak today! did you change your deck?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The other day I was just trying changes an none of them worked. I really appreciate your post, because it gives me good tips to improve thx a lot for taking the time to see my games!!

I changed some cards in my deck and now it works better for me, It's more agressive than the other night. Here it is:

3x Jasmine
    4x Kristoffer
    3x Puwen
    4x Aldon
    2xRaven
    2x Aeon

2x Smashing Blow
    1x Enrage
    2x Cripling Blow
    4x Blood Frenzy
    2xJeweler's Dream
    1x King's Pride

I put one more frenzy because a lot of times that night, they never come when I need it and if I have more than one in the begining they are good to sac for resources. Added Raven because I need more fatty allies and 2 JD because I always underestimated that card, now I can do nice combos to put more allies in the board thx to his hability

I would really appreciate your comment and rating of my deck and If you have any tips to improve it. Just tell me all you think about it.