Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cool Jericho's "Weekend fun" experimental deck

Hey!!

Had a time to play in mind with deck builds, that somehow is different a bit, and fun to play.

Here is a yet unplayed deck, focusing on restricting the opponent's resources, and card availability. I have absolutely no idea if it works or not, maybe it's a complete fail, but give it a try, have fun with it, and tell me your experiences!

The core cards are Plague and Cobraskin wraps, that effectively can stall the enemy for 20 rounds, resourcing 20 cards just to reach 4 resource! Therefore our main goal not to let the opponent above 4 resource and only include in our deck less then 4 resource cards.

The deck consisting 52 cards(!).
    I know, I know, but you need to resource a lot of cards, and you have to be prepared to do this, so all cards in the deck has 4 copies.

Hero
    1x Jericho

4x cobraskin wraps (resource destroy)
    4x plague (resource destroy)
    4x retreat (generally for allies, or for "oh shit a biggie" situations)
    4x smite (3 dmg to low cost allies)
    4x curse (to reduce low cost ally atk, shrieking it only helps you)
    4x resurrection (defend against hero board clear abilities)
    4x destroy arms (for weapon users)
    4x bazaar (for draw)
    4x bad santa (for draw)

4x Jasmine Rosecult
    4x Puwen Bloodhelm
    4x Aldon the brave
    4x Dirk saber

As you see there is no card costs more then 4cc, and a lot of cards has more copies then needed. The reason is, that you need to resource a lot! Don't be afraid to resource the extra copies of a card, only keep santas, plagues, cobraskin wraps, and the allies. The rest depents on who's you opponent.

Let me know what you think!
    I hate Gwen!

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    unplayed?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think you need a lot less cards. With 52 cards you are not going to get your "core" resource destruction cards frequently. If that is your theme, you may also want to consider Sandra. She's terrible, but it's the only other resource destruction card you have access to if you're truly building a theme deck.

Also, in my experience using Plague, Wizent's Staff is essential so you can recover your resources and play cards, while the opponent must choose between rebuilding resources or playing cards. Bad Santa and Bazaar on the other hand give the opponent plenty of fuel to rebuild from the Plague.

I applaud you for trying something different, but I just don't think resource destruction is a viable strategy against a wide range of decks right now since it's hurting you too. Plague can be very effective situationally, but it's hard for it to be the centerpiece of a deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's not really considered a serious deck, just only for fun. I've tried building a deck around plague a long ago with 30 cards, but it was also unsuccessful. It was hard to take board control.
    Thanks for the input tho
    I hate Gwen!