Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I find it's easiest just to cover my entire face with it, and then wipe off everything but the cheeks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKronos View Post
    I find it's easiest just to cover my entire face with it, and then wipe off everything but the cheeks.
    I hear it's better to paint your face white first before adding rouge on your cheeks lips and nose. Oh and don't forget the colorful wig and long shoes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "Sales figures suggest misspellings put off consumers who could have concerns about a website's credibility..."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-14130854

And anyone who's played WoW probably gets a sick twist in their stomach whenever they see this misspelling. Although i've stopped for a few years, seeing this still drives me bonkers. Especially on a site which is trying to market a product, which isn't make-up. I think? Unless a lot has changed since the last time i played... I can't find any mascara strategy though...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    Are you saying that Rogues' deck builds cannot work well? Sigh, back in 1.25 test server, Lance was super OP with the old, unnerfed Aeon.
    lance should just say "except protectors"

to answer the OP: it's a good joke, huh?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol, this spelling mistake has to be my largest pet hate on the net.

Was thinkin of coming back to the game, haven't played for a few months, but reading about the hacks then seeing this, convinced me that maybe this game needs more time. Still.

Pity, rogues (sorry, rouges) looked interesting, especially the potential drawing power of Serena, looked like it could have been fun to play around with. Maybe in a few more months...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You're a real party-pooper, you know that? Three damn days, three damn days—and I'm folding already. 10%. My original plan was to leave it for a month and see what savoury comments we could pickle up and the one you made prior to this, I thought was pretty good. But it seems it's probably better if we pull the tarp off this prank because people might not see it for the joke it is.

Yes, I came up with the stupid idea. Yes, it was to purposely irritate people and for me to sadistically watch people's reaction to such a small but common spelling mistake. Kyle came up with the description for the forum, by the way.

But I mean, even if we actually did make a silly mistake like that, do you think we'd just leave it unfixed for no real reason and say absolutely nothing about it? It's not hard to rename a forum. I'll have Kyle change it tomorrow when he's in, sheesh.

As for "hacks" you've read, which would these be? The one where the turn timer breaks and both player sees it as each other's turn is a bug. There have been some exploits in the past but they're mostly munchkins with script-kiddies. I haven't seen anything in wide usage that I would say "hack" to yet.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raverbasher View Post
    Lol, this spelling mistake has to be my largest pet hate on the net.

Was thinkin of coming back to the game, haven't played for a few months, but reading about the hacks then seeing this, convinced me that maybe this game needs more time. Still.

Pity, rogues (sorry, rouges) looked interesting, especially the potential drawing power of Serena, looked like it could have been fun to play around with. Maybe in a few more months...
    Serena is broken. Too OP. Check out the superdraw deck in strategy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    Serena is broken. Too OP. Check out the superdraw deck in strategy.
    Seen it, and on a cursory look it seems interesting. However, as the posts suggest, it's for advanced players, which after around 3 months of non-playing, i don't consider myself to be, if i ever was. I'd also have to spend crystals, gold, and possibly dollars, to get the necessary rogue stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    You're a real party-pooper, you know that? Three damn days, three damn days—and I'm folding already. 10%. My original plan was to leave it for a month and see what savoury comments we could pickle up and the one you made prior to this, I thought was pretty good. But it seems it's probably better if we pull the tarp off this prank because people might not see it for the joke it is.

Yes, I came up with the stupid idea. Yes, it was to purposely irritate people and for me to sadistically watch people's reaction to such a small but common spelling mistake. Kyle came up with the description for the forum, by the way.

But I mean, even if we actually did make a silly mistake like that, do you think we'd just leave it unfixed for no real reason and say absolutely nothing about it? It's not hard to rename a forum. I'll have Kyle change it tomorrow when he's in, sheesh.

As for "hacks" you've read, which would these be? The one where the turn timer breaks and both player sees it as each other's turn is a bug. There have been some exploits in the past but they're mostly munchkins with script-kiddies. I haven't seen anything in wide usage that I would say "hack" to yet.
    Aww, i'm sorry, i feel bad now I didn't read the description though, just seen it >_< Would have been slightly funny perhaps if i'd read it.

And, about leaving the spelling mistake unfixed for so long (well, 3 days), there's been so many massive issues in this game which have been left unfixed for months, i just figured this was a small one which nobody would care or do anything about. Also, you were just a forum poster the last time i was playing (i think) and Kyle seemed to be tackling these things on his own.

Hack was possibly the wrong word, i was mainly referring to the "frozen timer bug", based on what Killtrend posted, a player who was around when i found this game in Feb, and who i grew to respect through his posts and advice on decks. MattOG, who was blogging about the "Zaladar Rolling Pin", mentioned a "defeat hack", and another poster Rumsey seemed to corroborate this. The game suddenly quitting out and me losing when i was definitely going to win was an issue when i was playing 3 months ago. Whether or not it's a bug or a hack, the fact is it's still there, with an additional frozen timer bug to cause frustrating losses. These are other reasons for thinking no-one would do anything about a simple spelling mistake. It's been a long time, and big (imho) problems are still prevalent.

I stuck with this game through the "closing browser" and leader board ranking fiasco, enjoyed this game while i played and managed to get up to around 260ish with Boris without the use of aforementioned quitting technique; and left with (i thought) a respectable 240-250, just before the ranking reset, but after Mind Control was balanced (well, i thought it was a balance, and i had elemental decks...)

I've been busy and thought i'd check the game out again, but if Killtrends leaving based upon a potentially new bug which seems to have been around for awhile, and more than one person is talking about a defeat "hack" (which could just be another bug, which i also suffered from when i used to play), then i think i'd just rather wait. Doing some reading around it seems like the meta hasn't changed much, with Majiya still dominating, which she was 3 months ago, and that's just, well, kinda crap and boring. I was constantly up against her and Gwen 3 months ago, and it sounds like i'd constantly be up against them still.

Also, there still seems to be lots of balance issues, with some possible major changes in store for most heroes by the looks of it. So i think i'll just lurk, and save my crystals, gold, and dollars.

Sorry! I do think the games got a lot of potential, but playing against the same decks and suffering from the same issues that were around 3 months ago would just be frustrating and boring, rather than fun. And although it was just a joke, the "rouge" spelling mistake just put me in a bad frame of mind when i looked back into the game.

Party-pooper indeed....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raverbasher View Post
    Seen it, and on a cursory look it seems interesting. However, as the posts suggest, it's for advanced players, which after around 3 months of non-playing, i don't consider myself to be, if i ever was. I'd also have to spend crystals, gold, and possibly dollars, to get the necessary rogue stuff.
    You sir, got trolled.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    You sir, got trolled.
    trolling

1: Being a prick on the internet because you can.

2: Trolling is the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet, generally on message boards.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling

This forums title is trolling (by the people who run the show, good effort guys). Telling someone to check out a build which may or may not work, is not.