Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Darkclaw Lone Wolf 40 Card Deck

Ok, Ive been playing around with this deck and it handles pretty well but still needs some extra punch to it for direct damage.
    So far it can handle and stall allies pretty well, and the only weapon it uses can do considerable damage as it does fade out and only way to get it off the table is with a target item destruction.
    Its basically a Wulven Mill Deck, using Darkclaw as he can take sdome severe punishment and still keep going for a long while. The current weakness ive found is direct damage from mages and spells, and fatty or severe pumped allies. Against those the only option is to use Captured Prey.

Any thoughts and suggestions wellcome;

1 Darkclaw

4 Captured Prey
    4 Now You´re Mine
    3 Speedstrike
    4 What Big Teeth
    4 Regeneration
    4 Rabid Bite
    3 Lone Wolf
    3 Shadowspawn
    3 Shriek of Vengeance
    4 Rain Delay
    3 Bazaar

As you can probably work out the objective is to stall and pick of op allies, ones with 2 attack dont warrant notice at the start unless you can work out if your op is playing a beafer deck with Kings Pride, War Banners, etc...
    then get the Lone Wolf, Speedstrike and What Big Teeth combo into play and start taking bites outta the op hero. focus should be for all you attacks to go to them.

As I said its a work in progress and so far ive had a few wins, more losses and a couple of players giving up casue they get frustrated at how slow the deck moves, but thats pretty much the point here. Like Elementalis Mill Decks, the objective is to bide your time and bite, bite, bite

Over to you guys for the comments
    D ...always smiling...

Guild: Danny the A1 Dog : Proud member of the A1 alliance - so good that Kyle nerfed us
    Ingame Handle: DRod77
    Running Decks: Wulven (Darkclaw Danger Dog 1.26 40 Card) and Mage (GraveBella Beatdown 1.26 40 Card)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Captured Prey + Rabid Bite is an awful combination. This deck fails most of the times.

I ran a similar one but I used Moonstalker and had 4 Plasma Behemoths.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    How'd the PB's work for you. I thought of sticking them in as a late game added attack option, but then Lone Wolf becomes useless in the 2 healing per turn.
    D ...always smiling...

Guild: Danny the A1 Dog : Proud member of the A1 alliance - so good that Kyle nerfed us
    Ingame Handle: DRod77
    Running Decks: Wulven (Darkclaw Danger Dog 1.26 40 Card) and Mage (GraveBella Beatdown 1.26 40 Card)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    They greatly increase your chance of winning. It's too much of a gamble without them (and the house always wins).
    What Big Teeth is not going to cut it and you'll eventually run out of support cards while their allies keep on coming.

Unless you're on the brink of death the healing from Lone Wolf is worth giving up for a Behemoth.
    I try to mess up their allies as much as possible using Now You're Mine, Rabid Bite and What Big Teeth before dropping a Behemoth to ensure its survival for at least one turn.
    I only play Captured Prey on nasty allies like Raven and Behemoth. Aeon should never be captured, only bitten.

My last battle was against Jericho (worst match-up imo due to his ability and Destroy Arms) and I won thanks to my Behemoths. He Tidal Waved 3 of them but the 4th one made him give up.
    Last edited by Ness; 07-10-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    u have ZERO allies,so u expect to win only by outdrawing????i guess your rate is under 150 right?this deck is an auto loss to any decent 30 or 40 card deck of ANY hero!!!!!still it is an auto loss to any one of these +100 cards jumbo decks!!!and u know these are run by very low rate players.it must feel sooo much pain to lose by one of them...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    They greatly increase your chance of winning. It's too much of a gamble without them (and the house always wins).
    What Big Teeth is not going to cut it and you'll eventually run out of support cards while their allies keep on coming.

Unless you're on the brink of death the healing from Lone Wolf is worth giving up for a Behemoth.
    I try to mess up their allies as much as possible using Now You're Mine, Rabid Bite and What Big Teeth before dropping a Behemoth to ensure its survival for at least one turn.
    I only play Captured Prey on nasty allies like Raven and Behemoth. Aeon should never be captured, only bitten.

My last battle was against Jericho (worst match-up imo due to his ability and Destroy Arms) and I won thanks to my Behemoths. He Tidal Waved 3 of them but the 4th one made him give up.
    He gave up? How sad... maybe he didn't have anything left in his hand or something. I'd have tried to win anyways.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey,

Awesome, I run a nearly similar deck and it's awesome. Pretty much an autowin against any 30-card deck, and jericho is the only real challenge I've faced so far. Gwen is an auto win, and majiya can beat you if you get a bad draw, but it rocks all around.

What I learned- you're all mine is useless. As you point out, any low cost ally isn't worth worrying about, so no need to spend deck space taking them out. And lone wolf is vital! Bump it up to 4, shadow allies like to destroy item on it. Here's why- you're playing a deck that goes for many, many turns. You are extending the total damage that an enemy must do to defeat you. With lone wolf, you extend that amount of damage automatically, for 10 round, the opponent must do an extra 20 damage to defeat you. Plus you cut direct damage in half, so it actually works out to an extra 30 or so damage from allies- basically another full life hero. And most of your games will go more than 10 turns.

I've found rabid bite less than helpful. It only lasts two turns, so if the opponent has a ton of allies in play, it won't take them all out. And if they only have a few, then capture prey does the job. Also, bad santa is very, very useful. When your opponent runs out of cards, its cheap damage to them. If also bypasses armor, which is really nice if you've run out of shrieks. Save two or three in your hand for a nasty endgame surprise.

I also added 4 pack wolves in place of rain delay in mine, cheap early game damage if they come up, or you can cast 3-4 at once late game to finish off a difficult opponent. I also see the value of rain delay, though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it works only against 30-35 card noobs. people rabid bite and you are mine are created to power your own allies, just laughing at such wulven using such boring tactics, 4 shriek and 2 behemoth is your death(for example)
    Last edited by Dima; 07-11-2011 at 12:22 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    shadowspan is useless

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Aeon+Raven with no Behemoths is auto-lose, period. Add some Behemoths.
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99