Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[BUG] Crippling Blow [duplicate]

I took a look at the first 3 pages here and couldn't find anything about this, I really believe its a bug, or else the description of the card must be changed.

The description is:
    Ongoing: Target ally is reduced to 0 base attack

The key word here is the BASE attack, it doesn't say your attack is reduced to 0, it's your base attack, so the attack stat of the units, NOT of the bonus from other cards, as this isn't the BASE attack, that's the BONUS attack (or at least, that's how I see it).

But at the moment the attack just goes to 0.

Why is that a big deal? Well, only today, I lost one game and nearly lost another because of this.

My deck goed heavy on the buffs, I play War Banner and Kings Pride in nearly all my games, that +3 bonus, then people trow a Crippling Blow on my ally (lets say a Infernal Gargoyle) and his attack goes from 5 to 0, while his base attack is only 2. Last game I had for like 3/4 turn 2 allies on board with 0 attack, while I had a Kings Pride + War Banner in game, so it would have been 3 attack for both x 4 turns, that's 24 damage, that would have won me the game, easy.

You can see that the idea isn't to take away the bonus attack, because if you play a Kings Pride/War Banner AFTER the Crippling Blow has been played you get the buff normaly and can attack, the same goes to the Aldon buff, this buff is aplied every turn (because it isn't applied in the defense turn) so it works normaly.

Could this be fixed ASAP? Because I'm losing games/rank because of this, in 7 games played today, in 2 of them this was a very big deal, so that's like 28% of my games...
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Currently, the concept of "base attack" isn't really implemented. Crippling Blow just drops the current attack of the ally to 0 at the time Crippling Blow is played. This was mentioned previously and should be fixed, although, I'm not sure when.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, thanks for the information. Hope this get fixed fast.
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That's good to know. Thanks for the info!