Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Religious Fundamentalism Group At Work

The Website Here Has Some Hardline Pro Religion Stances. There Is An Article That Talks About How Major Christian Organizations That Receive Federal Money Can Hire And Fire You Based On Your Religious Background And Current Religious Practices Or For Not Being Of The Same Religion.

That Is Blatant Discrimination But Its Legal. Even Though The Website Is Pro Religion I Learned A Lot, Especially About The Bible And Especially Old Testament Scriptures.
    BayArea'sFines7
    Dubstep

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Pretty normal and not a big deal. Im not a Christian but I support their right to hire people who are Christians same as I support Hooters right to only hire hot chicks.

Try this site for lots of learning, it can be pretty heavy handedly anti-Christian, but if you are truly interested you can sift throught all that and get good info if you try.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Any church that receives fed money is a bad idea.

I'm a Christian and don't think churches should take fed money. That will mean they can eventually regulate what's preached.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryminysakes View Post
    Pretty normal and not a big deal. Im not a Christian but I support their right to hire people who are Christians same as I support Hooters right to only hire hot chicks.

Try this site for lots of learning, it can be pretty heavy handedly anti-Christian, but if you are truly interested you can sift throught all that and get good info if you try.
    The diff is Hooters doesn't get federal money
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    The diff is Hooters doesn't get federal money
    Meh - this is easily circumvented every single day. If a religious organization wants to hire or fire based on religion then they will because its easy enough to come up with some other valid reason. Very difficult to prove this sort of thing. In any case it just doesnt bother me.

oh and I forgot to post the link I was referring to - lol

http://www.freeratio.org/

Not as extremely atheist as the OP site is fundamentalist.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    So Why Are You Referring Me To An Anti-Religion Page When It Clearly Had A Pro Religion Page.
    BayArea'sFines7
    Dubstep

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    LoL.

You guys, got trolled.

HARD.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    LoL.

You guys, got trolled.

HARD.
    How exactly, and who??

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Read the opening post again, and the linked site. If you still can't tell I won't be the person to put some evil in such a naive and good hearth.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fines7 View Post
    ....Even Though The Website Is Pro Religion I Learned A Lot, Especially About The Bible And Especially Old Testament Scriptures

So Why Are You Referring Me To An Anti-Religion Page When It Clearly Had A Pro Religion Page.
    If you want more balanced information about the bible you can use the link I provided - or umpteen number of other less-fundamentaist/extremist Christian sites. I don't think the site you linked to is much good for learning anything but hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    Read the opening post again, and the linked site. If you still can't tell I won't be the person to put some evil in such a naive and good hearth.
    The website he linked to indeed did have a link to a real news article about religious hiring/firing. What's the trolling part? that the website is an extremist Christian site? *shrug* maybe I am naive but I dont see trolling here, where "trolling" means to derail a thread with inflammatory, argumentative or offtopic, useless banter....