Close

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Looks like we are all now using exactly the same build. I've decided to risk my 249 rated account with it and see if I can get up to 270. It will probably require more time than I have available to do, but it will be interesting to try and get a good win loss ratio in whatever time I can spare.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just to attest to the power of this deck, search my name Rizla79 and see my win over Nishipks. That battle was epic!

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    Looks like we are all now using exactly the same build. I've decided to risk my 249 rated account with it and see if I can get up to 270. It will probably require more time than I have available to do, but it will be interesting to try and get a good win loss ratio in whatever time I can spare.
    @Godorian

I wouldn't risk mine! But thanks for the support - let me know how things go.

I am especially keen to know if you can deal with good players (240+) playing BF-fueled Amber/Boris and well-tuned Majiya.

If you have the time and a testing account, hehehehe, try out my Boris "Captain Carnage" deck - I've just post it online on this forum.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizla79 View Post
    Just to attest to the power of this deck, search my name Rizla79 and see my win over Nishipks. That battle was epic!
    I will check it out!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Update from me:

I've done a lot of tinkering with the deck yesterday (a bit too much) and have went from 95% winning to 60% losing. With all the changes I made, it totally threw off the synergy of this deck and why it works so well so I've returned to the original build where the 3 drop count is much higher.

My variation:

4x Keldor
    4x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Plasma Behemoth
    3x Chimera
    2x Medusil
    2x Life Infusion
    4x Mind Control
    4x Shriek of Vengeance
    2x Soul Reaper -- saved me one game when Zal's ability bugged and spent the 4SE but didn't let me target anything! My opp was at 1hp and I was at 18. His allies could dish out 8 dmg per turn so it would've been GG but SR boosted me back to 28. I passed 4 turns and used Zal FTW! I've since searched for the replay but due to the bug, I don't think it saved.
    Erm, your 'variation' is essentially the deck I am playing with right now.

BUT thank you for trying out all the tinkering - at least that pretty much re-affirms and strengthens my theories and concepts regarding the build.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ahh, I'm sorry I must've missed that. In my most current revision, I've swapped out the Infusions (miss them dearly) after a Zhanna mill started steamrolling me and had 8 allies on the board 2 turns after she played Tidal Wave to my zero allies. I immediately knew there was no way to come back from a board reset late game after all my allies were wiped and I had none left to play so I swapped them out for Energy Discharge and it has proved useful in several games including the most epic win after the switch.

Will be uploading the video to YouTube to preserve the battle once it's done converting....
    (420) Target ally is stoned and cannot be productive today.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Ahh, I'm sorry I must've missed that. In my most current revision, I've swapped out the Infusions (miss them dearly) but a Zhanna mill started steamrolling me and had 8 allies on the board 2 turns after she played Tidal Wave to my zero allies. I immediately knew there was no way to come back from a board reset late game after all my allies were wiped and I had none left to play so I swapped them out for Energy Discharge and it has proved useful in several games including the most epic win after the switch.

Will be uploading the video to YouTube to preserve the battle once it's done converting....
    Good for you. Energy Discharge can be a life saver. Beside Discharge, Elementals only have Mind Control to deal with allies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Update for the day!

14th July 2011

Gwen - win
    Gravebone - win
    Gwen - win
    Eladwen - win
    Nishaven - win
    Majiya - win
    Nishaven - win
    Nishaven - win
    Majiya - Loss (to Mblaster) - comments below
    Baduruu - Win
    Majiya - Loss (very close loss)
    Gwen - Win

Ratings: 238.

MBlaster - super good build of Majiya. Completely over-whelmed. He did admit he had a good hand but I was crushed without a resemblance of ever recovering. He went first but I do not think that he would have lost if he had gone second.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So I'm following this build right now for my Zaladar deck. Can anyone tell me some combos I can use? ie Plasma Behe+Life Infusion
    Thanks
    Zaladar FTW!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Nice going there, Raphael.

I have not used Zaladar since yesterday because I had an idea to use this deck as a base for a Banebow. I've got 6 wins and only 1 loss with it so far. It's my new favourite! I'll make a post about it some time tomorrow.